- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Save time, save money
Good value hotels on the Amalfi Coast
The Amalfi coast, with its spectacular scenery and shimmering-blue seas, has long had a reputation for being the destination of choice for the international jet-set - Jackie Kennedy, Greta Garbo, Sophia Loren, Aristotle Onassis. This gives the impression it must be wildly expensive and exclusive. While it’s true there are some sumptuous hotels (and at prices that can make you gasp) there are also plenty of places that are affordable and still attractive. You just need to know where to look - and we've picked out the best good value hotels on the Amalfi Coast so you don't have to!
The trick to finding the best good-value hotels on the Amalfi coast is not to go for the most spectacular, cliff-top location (which, when you think about it, means you’re probably not walking distance from many places), and to avoid the most desirable location in town or the most chi-chi towns.
Choose somewhere nearby or slightly off-centre: Praiano, for example, instead of Positano. Often the good-value hotels are family-run which means you can expect a very warm and personal welcome.
The best good-value hotels on the Amalfi coast
In Amalfi town
- Position yourself in Amalfi town, and you’re within easy reach of all the coast has to offer. With views down over the town and sea, Villa Lara has simple, airy, white-washed rooms, often with a bright splash of colour in a feature wall or tiled bathroom. There’s a beautiful terrace for breakfasts, too.
- Very close to Amalfi town’s Duomo, Lidomare Hotel couldn’t be more central. A welcoming, family home with high-ceilinged rooms traditionally furnished with well-loved antiques, polished-tile floors, books and figurines, it offers a relaxed atmosphere and breakfasts in the charming reception hall.
Just outside Ravello
- The 12 light-filled rooms of the owner-managed Villa San Michele, set in the cliffs below Ravello and a mile to the east of Amalfi town, are traditionally furnished with colourful Vietri tiles and bright nautical colours with splashes of colourful modern art. Many have balconies or terraces, and a ladder takes you straight down into the cobalt-blue sea.
For incredible views without the price-tag
- About two miles to the west of Amalfi town, the family-owned The Belvedere is easy to reach - it’s on the main corniche road - but feels to be in its own private world when you slip through the doors. There are heart-stopping views over the Amalfi coast, a private beach, beautiful pool and welcoming bedrooms of old-fashioned Italian charm.
- Towards the Western end of the Amalfi Coast you'll find the charming Conca del Sogno. It's a family run restaurant with rooms that offers a fabulous laid back atmosphere, away from the crammed streets of the more popular villages. Accommodation is classic in style and the food is sublime!
Our pick of good value hotels on the Amalfi coast may not have all the bells and whistles of their grander neighbours, but they make up for it with plenty of charm, personality and often stunning views.
Villa Lara, Amalfi 7 rooms from $94Amalfi
A charming little villa perched on a cliff just above Amalfi. Contemporary and simple decoration throughout, with vaulted ceilings and Majolica tiles. A lovely breakfast terrace with breathtaking views over the bay of Amalfi. Massages on request & within easy reach of the beach. Excellent value.Views - Stunning views out towards the bay of Amalfi and over the town.Value chicSights nearby - Revello, Naples, Salerno, Pompeii all within easy distances.Restrictions on children - Over 10s onlyRecommended by - CN Traveller
Lidomare 18 rooms from $80Amalfi
A cosy hotel and charming family home. Traditional high-ceilinged rooms with antiques, large bookcases, cabinets of figurines, tiled floors and white washed walls. Very well priced. A homely choice for a beach holiday.Beach Life - A two minute walk to the beach and lovely views across the Amalfi Coast from the bedrooms.Fishing - Charter a boat and head out Bluefish and Tuna fishing with some locals guides.Sights nearby - The UNESCO Heritage sight of Pompeii is in close proximity.Full of character
Villa San Michele, Ravello 12 rooms from $104Ravello
Set into the rugged Amalfi coastline with a ladder leading directly into the Tyrrhenian Sea. Mediterranean style rooms have nautical palettes and traditional blue and white tiled floors, local artworks and private balconies. There is a sunny terrace where lots of local fish and breakfast is served.Sailing - Take a boat trip to the famous archaeological site of Pompeii - not just for history buffs!Great walks - Follow in the footsteps of the gods along 'The Path of the Gods' from Agerola to Positano.Sights nearby - The Duomo (Cathedral) of Ravello houses impressive mosaics and museum.Fishing - For bluefish and tuna in the charming port town of Cetara.
The Belvedere 30 rooms from $136Conca dei Marini
Outwardly unassuming, this cliff top hotel will surprise with its magnificent views over the Amalfi coast, secluded private beach down steep steps, and old fashioned charm. A holiday destination for serious lazing in the sun in spectacular surroundings.Views - Spectacular views out to see and down the Amalfi coast.Coastal - Set on a cliff top.Total relaxationSwimming Pool - Seawater Pool
La Conca del Sogno 7 rooms from $136Nerano, The Amalfi Coast
Wonderful family-run restaurant with rooms on the sea front. An unbeatable setting - surrounded by craggy rocks of the Amalfi coast and overlooking clear blue waters. A lively ambiance and wonderful trattoria food. A real gem - perfect for foodies, romantics, and a great wedding setting.Secluded setting - For escaping.Views - Great views from hotelOn the beach - In front of the hotel.