- ✓ Best selection
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
The Best Luxury Hotels in Florence
Florence, with its elegant piazzas graced with marble statues, its priceless Renaissance art, fresco-covered palazzos and its wonderful Ponte Vecchio - the world’s most famous jewellery arcade, is a luxurious destination. The food is Tuscan par excellence, the art divine and city view a visual feast. And if you’re here to experience the finer things then our Guru’s list of the best luxury hotels in Florence will help you enjoy the very creme de la creme.
The big chain hotels don’t seem to have a foothold here, and the vast majority of the best luxury hotels in Florence are independent ventures, converted from some of the city’s finest historic palazzos and villas. And some of them are quite something…
The Best Luxury Hotels in Florence
For a city break
- Hidden in between the Duomo and the Palazzo Vecchio, the Hotel Brunelleschi is a 96 room boutique hotel with chic rooms and its very own museum and Roman Baths. The design is modern, but built around an impressive old tower, which is actually the oldest structure in Florence.
- The Helvetia & Bristol has been the home-from-home choice of the international elite since the 17th Century, with its elegant old-fashioned luxury and charming, classically styled rooms. There’s a Mediterranean restaurant with a view of the Piazza Stozzi.
- The Gallery Hotel Art is a fabulous design hotel in central Florence with chic rooms and suites with contemporary art and private terraces with views over Florence.
- If you’re searching for Florence’s traditional romance then the Grand Hotel Villa Cora is for you. It’s an exclusive, Baroque palace hotel, with a beautiful pool and landscaped gardens, 46 luxurious rooms and a deliciously promising choice of restaurants, from fine dining to bistro service.
- The Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci is a 56 room hotel converted from a 15th Century palazzo. Expect original frescoes and antiques, and spacious rooms with parquet floors and marble bathrooms.
For historic Florence
- Once a private home, the Torre di Bellosguardo is a beautiful villa which overlooks Florence from its hilltop position. If you appreciate palatial rooms with wonderful frescoed ceilings and four poster beds then this might be the place for you.
- Or, if you’d prefer your historic villa just five minutes from the centre of Florence, then the Villa Tolomei is the one to book. It’s a small five star hotel, set in 20 peaceful hectares of olive groves and vineyards, with wonderful gardens, a lovely pool and spa and a fantastic Tuscan restaurant.
For a special occasion
- The Four Seasons Firenze has been converted from two beautifully restored Renaissance villas, set within an incredible 11 acre botanical garden with a high end pool and spa. The public areas showcase Renaissance art, the suites are decorated with only the best fabrics and furnishings and the restaurant has a Michelin star.
- The Palazzo Vecchietti is a 15th Century palazzo right in the heart of Florence. Dante called it ‘Paradiso’. It’s now divided into 14 luxurious suites and apartments with exquisite decorations and art, high ceilings and wonderful views.
- The Inpiazzadellasignorina is a sophisticated townhouse hotel with a selection of ten rooms, suites and apartments. All with beautiful, boutique-style interiors, and some with four-poster beds and views over the square. There’s also a small gym, sauna and spa.
On a luxury shoestring!
Experiencing Florence in luxury doesn’t have to come with a big price tag, and our Gurus have turned up several properties worth a recommendation.
- Antica Dimora Johlea is a six room boutique hotel with romantic, eclectic decor, which includes canopied four poster beds and vintage treasures. It also has panoramic views of the city, and the rooms start at less than £80 per night.
- Casa Howard is a chic and intimate B&B in an elegant Florentine palazzo with 13 individually decorated and themed rooms. The owners are a couple of textile designers who also own two similarly charming and unique B&Bs in Rome. And rooms start at under £100 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best luxury hotels in Florence might be perfect for you?
- Refine your search to Florence’s Best B&Bs?
- or the best off-centre hotels in Florence.
- Or expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Florence,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Four Seasons Firenze 116 rooms from $946Florence
Two beautifully restored Rennaissance buildings set in an incredible 11-acre botanical garden with, high end spa and pool. Public areas showcase Renaissance art and sumptuous suites spare no expense. Think silk, velvet, marble, frescoed walls and antique furniture. Il Palagio boasts a Michelin Star.Honeymoons - Opulent Renaissance suites, dining under the stars, double spa treatments and expansive gardens for walking hand in hand.Total relaxation - Relax- this hotel will literally take care of everything from your children to the tension in your shoulders!Good wine list - The Winery serves more than 50 Italian wines by the glass and has a list of nearly 400 bottles.Restaurant - Michelin starred restaurant serves Tuscan delights.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Grand Hotel Villa Cora 46 rooms from $315Florence
Exclusive Baroque splendour in Florence with beautiful pool and landscaped gardens. Luxurious bedrooms and starred restaurant.Bar - Popular with locals.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.Spa
Hotel Brunelleschi 96 rooms from $406Florence (3, Duomo)
Positioning between the Duomo and Palazzo Vecchio makes this 4* boutique a romantic hideaway in the heart of Florence. Chic rooms are spoiling with views and comfort. Be warned, proximity to some of the most famous works of art might mean you can't sleep at night! Tower Bar is popular hangout.Sights nearby - The Duomo is full to the rafters with art, gilded doors, statues as well as being the resting place of the Medici.Private Hot Tub - In the suites.Outstanding locationFull of character
Helvetia & Bristol 67 rooms from $498Florence (Tuscany)
Since the mid-17th Century this charming hotel has housed the international elite in its elegant rooms and with its old-style luxury. Charming, classic styled rooms vary in size but all exude comfort. The Hostaria Bibendum offers a Mediterranean menu with a view of Piazza Strozzi. A charming stay.City Style - A unique and plush setting with period furniture, heavy drapes, and lived-in velvet sofas.Foodies - Spend an evening feasting on classic Tuscan dishes wunderkind Roberto Cordisco.Cooking classes - Special cookery packages available, master your favourite Tuscan dishes.Sights nearby - A stone's throw from the beautiful and ancient Strozzi Palace.
Palazzo Vecchietti 14 rooms from $320Florence
15th century distinguished Palazzo named after the family that once lived here, right in the heart of Florence. Dante called it 'Paradiso'. Now divided into fourteen luxurious and exquisitely decorated suites and apartments, some with terraces, high ceilings and views. Perfect for art lovers.Walking distance restaurants - The concierge willl advise and book lunch or dinner for guests in one of Florence's many wonderful restaurantsB+B - Breakfast is served in the elegant dining room at a large oval tableSights nearby - Situated in the heart of Florence close to all major attractionsSelf catering to rent - Luxurious self-catering apatments come with small kitchenettes
Antica Dimora Johlea 6 rooms from $96Florence
A neighbourhood guesthouse offering an authentic feel of Florentine life; ancient tiled floors and shuttered windows mix with brightly coloured soft furnishings. Plenty of thoughtful touches - books to borrow, free cakes and hot drinks all day - and with a knock-out roof terrace. Great value too.Value chic - Beautifully adorned rooms with silk fabrics and four poster beds, from just €90 per night B&B.Views - Take your drink or coffee up to the roof terrace and enjoy spectacular city views.Romantic Break - Stunning rooms and unbeatable views.Sights nearby - Florence Botanical Gardens, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, San Lorenzo Church and Ponte Vecchio.Recommended by - Sawdays
Casa Howard 13 rooms from $120Florence
Super chic and intimate B&B in an elegant Florentine palazzo, run by textile designers. Each room is unique and follows its own theme with equal style. Centrally located and a truly magical stay.Exclusive offer - Save 20%Cooking classes - The hotel can organise Tuscan cooking classes by an expert chef, with genuine ingredients and traditional recipes.Great walks - The gardens are perfect for strolling aorund and taking a break from the hustle and bustle of the city streets.Sights nearby - The hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the beautiful Basilica of Santa Maria Novella.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape
Torre di Bellosguardo 16 rooms from $171Florence
Breathtakingly beautiful villa, previously a private home, overlooking Florence from its hilltop perch. Desperately romantic with a warm and informal atmosphere. Enormous rooms and suites with frescoed ceilings and four poster beds.LuxuryRomantic BreakHoneymoonsViews - Stunning views over the city of FlorenceRecommended by - Sawdays
Villa Tolomei 31 rooms from $182Florence
14th century frescoed villa five minutes from the centre of Florence. Villa Tolomei is a Five Star hotel set in a peaceful 20 hectares with olives groves and vineyards, a spa, outdoor pool, lovely gardens and a wonderful restaurant. Beautiful views overlooking the city.Outstanding location - In a tranquil setting, the beauiful cty of Florence with its exceptional churches, galleries, art and shopping is close byRestaurant - The Il Conventino a Marignolle restaurant, offers exquisite Tuscan cuisine using fresh produce from the estateViews - Fantastic views over Florence and the Arno ValleySit-out Terrace
Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci 56 rooms from $253Florence (Tuscany)
Converted 15th Century Palazzo with plenty of history, just off Via dè Tornabuoni. A 4* hotel brimming with original frescoes and antiques. Spacious rooms with polished parquet flooring and marble bathrooms create a classic feel. Choose from formal candlelit or al fresco dining. Couples will love.ElegantSights nearby - Palazzo Strozzi is a civic city palace that once belonged to the Strozzi family.Local markets - Head to San Lorenzo Market for local food produce, leather products and art.Views - Select rooms and the roof terrace.
Gallery Hotel Art 74 rooms from $231Florence
Fabulous design hotel in central Florence. Contemporary art, high couture, and the comforts of a luxury hotel. Chic bedrooms and suites with views over Florence from private terraces. City style and art combined.ArtworksCity StyleSights nearby - Close to the Ponte Vecchio and Palazzo StrozziDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Inpiazzadellasignorina 10 rooms from $267Florence
A sophisticated townhouse hotel with a selection of rooms, suites, and apartments. Beautiful interiors have boutique decoration, paintings on the wall, some with four poster beds, pretty fabrics, and views over the square. Small gym, sauna, and spa therapies. Stylish, romantic, family friendly.Families - Triples and apartments for four people.LuxuryRomantic BreakCity StyleRecommended by - Fodors