- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
The Best B&Bs in Rome
One of the best things about staying in B&Bs are those personalised recommendations you get when meeting other travellers or locals. And Rome is a wonderful city for an insight or recommendation! Sure, you’ll have an amazing time if you just tick off the tourist hot spots, but if you have a chance to explore a bit further and go a bit deeper then you’ll never want to leave. Our Gurus have uncovered the best B&Bs in Rome to get you started with those insights.
Their recommendations for the best B&Bs in Rome include some luxury options, as well as some perfectly located gems and some wonderful family apartment-style accommodation.
The Best B&Bs in Rome
- The Arco dei Tolomei is an intimate, 6 room hotel in the centre of Rome with carefully chosen decor with includes some lovely antiques, great art and charming wallpapers.
- The The Fifteen Keys Hotel is an elegant, 15 room townhouse in a great location between the Colosseum and the Trevi Fountain. The neighbourhood is charming, with a bohemian feel and plenty of cafes and great antique shop. And breakfast is served alfresco in the courtyard.
For a City Break
- In the heart of Rome, the Piazza di Spagna 9 is a six bedroom ‘designer mansion’ with its own contemporary art gallery. As well as the six individually decorated rooms there’s also a steam bath.
- In one of the hippest spots in town, G-Rough is both luxurious and hip. This townhouse, built in the 17th Century, still has its beautiful parquet floors and original tiles, but it’s also got a fantastic collection of retro furniture in the 10 rooms. Plus there's a fantastic roof terrace and it’s only 450metres from the Pantheon, and even closer to the Piazza Navona.
- Buonanotte Garibaldi is a chic little B&B in the vibrant and historic Trastevere district, which is a great spot for local colour. There are just three rooms, themed by colour, with silk paintings, oak floors and antiques.
For Great Value
- The Althea Inn is a three roomed B&B off the beaten track in the artistic Testaccio area. Rooms are spacious and whitewashed and there’s a lovely private balcony. Rooms start from just €80 per night.
- For a similar room rate you can afford to stay in the centre of town, in the Hotel de Monti, which has seven bright, comfortable rooms set between the train station and the Colosseum.
- If you want to be right in the heart of things, by the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain, try the Residenza Frattina, a charming townhouse with 13 neutrally decorated bedrooms with nice original features, such as stone floors, fireplaces and exposed beams. Charming and friendly as well, and all from just €90 per night.
Best B&Bs in Rome for Couples
- The Hotel Campo de 'Fiori is a gorgeous, 23 room boutique hotel with a fantastic roof terrace with wonderful views of the skyline. Rooms are romantic, with canopied beds and frescoed ceilings, antiques and beautiful details.
- Suite Sistina is a collection of ten, luxurious suites, designed with an emphasis on sensuality. You’ll find outsized glass showers and luxury bathtubs and giant round beds. All right by the Spanish Steps.
- Margutta 54 is a collection of just six suites converted from a building in one of Rome’s most central, yet peaceful mews. Large and minimalist in decor, you’ll find all the mod. cons. you need.
- Just steps from the Trevi fountain, the Daphne Inn has a collection of rooms, suites, family rooms and one apartment, decorated in a contemporary style in creams, bronzes and browns. There’s a great breakfast room and they offer bike rental as well. Rooms start from around £75 per night.
- The Santa Maria di Trastevere is built on the foundations of a former convent, and has 18 rooms around a lovely central courtyard - which is also where a continental breakfast is served. Quaint and quiet.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best B&Bs in Rome might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Rome,
- refine your search to the best hotels in the heart of Old Rome,
- or our Guru's list of great hotels near the Colosseum,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The Best B&Bs in Rome
Arco dei Tolomei 6 rooms from $198Rome
An intimate hotel in the centre of Rome. Unique rooms feature charming wallpapers, antiques and all the mod cons. An authentic breakfast room has family antiques and artworks on the walls, and the parlour room is perfect to relax in after sightseeing. A boutique spot.City Style - Centre of Rome, Trevi fountain, St Peter's Square, Colosseum and all of Rome's eateries, shops and markets are minutes awaySights nearby - Tiber River bridges to the Colosseum, Campo dei Fiori market, the Ghetto, the Pantheon and Piazza NavonaLocal markets - Campo dei Fiori marketCooking classes - Check for timings.
The Fifteen Keys Hotel 15 rooms from $160Rome
An elegant townhouse hotel with stylish accommodation and an unpretentious feel. Enjoy alfresco breakfasts in the garden courtyard. Located in a charming neighbourhood, the area has a bohemian feel with great antique shops and good coffee spots and is close to major attractions.Local exploring - An ideal location for getting to know Rome from its major attractions to its boutiques, galleries and local eateries.Sights nearby - Great location in the Monti district, just 10 mins walk from the ColosseumRestrictions on children - This is an adults only propertyRecommended by - Tablet
Buonanotte Garibaldi 3 rooms from $188Rome
A chic little B&B with just three rooms and a lovely breakfast courtyard. Rooms themed by colour have silk paintings, oak floors and antique furniture. Understated, welcoming, and not at all glitzy. A great choice for a weekend away in Rome.Sights nearby - Located in the historic and vibrant Trastevere districtLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays, Johansens
Piazza di Spagna 9 6 rooms from $316Rome
Located in the heart of Rome, this designer Mansion is uniquely decorated and boasts its very own contemporary art gallery. There are six individually decorated guest rooms and a Turkish steam bath for relaxing after a day's sightseeing. The perfect blend of contemporary and classic Roman elegance.Sights nearby - Just next to The Spanish Steps and Fontana di TreviDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Four poster beds - For romantics.
Hotel Campo de 'Fiori 23 rooms from $163Rome
A gorgeous boutique hotel with views over Rome's skyline from a fantastic roof terrace. Romantic bedrooms have canopied fourposter beds, frescoed ceilings, antique furniture and regally painted walls. A great choice for a romantic getaway to Rome.Sights nearby - Walking distance to most of Rome's major attractionsCity StyleLocal markets - Enjoy the morning market at the Piazza Campo de FioriRomantic - Good for couples.
Daphne Inn 19 rooms from $77Rome
Cheap, contemporary chic B&B steps from the Trevi Fountain. Rooms, suites, family rooms, and one apartment all in creams, bronzes and browns. Lovely breakfast room and bikes to rent. A great choice for those on a smaller budget.Value chicFamiliesSights nearby - Superb location very close to the Trevi FountainLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Residenza Frattina 13 rooms from $104Rome
Charming townhouse near the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. Beautiful bedrooms in neutral tones with stone floors, cast iron beds, fireplaces and wooden beams. Lovely sitting room and friendly service. A great value choice with lots of charm.Sights nearby - Close to the Spanish Steps and walking distance to many major attractions
Santa Maria di Trastevere 18 rooms from $250Rome
Foundations of a former convent complete with cloisters and modern day frescos. Large, simple rooms are great value plus a complimentary continental breakfast in the courtyard. Perfect location for Rome’s nightlife and sight seeing.Value chic - An utterly superb spot, with quaint rooms facing the fragrant courtyard and an extensive wine list, all for a minimal cost.Sights nearby - A must see is the Piazza Santa Maria and its exquisitely mosaicked church, just around the corner from the hotel.Great walks - For a birds eye view of the eternal city wander up the dizzy heights of Gianicolo Hill.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - I Escape, Fodors
Margutta 54 6 rooms from $261Rome
A very slick collection of suites in one of Rome's most central, peaceful and attractive mews. Large, minimalist, and shiny with all the modern gadgetry. These suites can cater to any type of traveller; groups of friends, families, or couples.FamiliesGroupsCity StyleRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
Suite Sistina 10 rooms from $211Rome
A den of luxury to bring out the romantic in you, with an emphasis on sensuality. Outsized glass-sided showers and luxury bathtubs share the living space with giant round beds. Set in a handsome historic building metres away from the Spanish Steps, it’s an oasis for couples and honeymooners.Suites - All suites accommodationRomantic BreakSights nearby - Right in the heart of Rome, close to the Piazza di Spagna and Piazza BarberiniRomantic - Good for couples.
Althea Inn 3 rooms from $84Rome
Secluded penthouse B&B off the beaten track with spacious rooms, whitewashed walls, simple décor and the piece de resistance, a flower-filled private balcony on which to relax and enjoy an aperitivo as the sun goes down. A great budget choice and for those wanting to sample out-of-the-way Rome.Sights nearby - Located in the Testaccio area, renowned for its art galleries. Walking distance from the Colosseum and Piazza Venezia
Hotel de Monti 7 rooms from $77Rome
Centrally located, contemporary B&B. Bright comfy rooms in whites and pastels. Excellent value for a weekend sightseeing in Rome.Value chicSights nearby - Central location between Rome train station and the ColosseumLocal markets - Good for local colour.