- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Wine hotels in the Veneto
Although the Veneto is the smallest of Italy’s main vine-growing areas, it produces more wine than any of the other regions. From the shores of Lake Garda, and travelling east through Verona, Vicenza and Padua, is the home of the quintessential Italian reds, Valpolicella and Bardolino, and the dry whites, Pinot Grigio and Soave. Move further north and east, between Conegliano and the coast, and you’re in Prosecco country. Choose to stay in one or two of these wine hotels in the Veneto, and you will sample a fine range of Italian wines.
Wine hotels in the Veneto for good value
If you're feeling a little strapped for cash, there are plenty of wine hotels in the Veneto which won't break the bank. With prices starting from as little as €79 per night, there really is something for everyone.
- A lovely hideaway, surrounded by vineyards north-east of Verona, I Tamasotti is a peaceful country house with just six rooms furnished with elegance and simplicity: exposed beams, stone or wooden floors and sunny colours. There’s a terrace, quiet gardens and a romantic gazebo.
- Between Treviso and Venice, and deep in the countryside, Agriturismo al Segnavento, is a fuss-free, rustic-style hotel on a working farm. Handsome-size rooms are simple yet cosy with traditional fabrics, polished wooden floors and peaceful views. Very relaxed and welcoming with excellent home-made food.
Wine hotels in the Veneto for design lovers
- For something completely over-the-top - fabulously design-conscious rooms, contemporary art on the walls, Baroque to Scandinavian-minimalism furnishings, and all hidden within a classic 16th-century exterior - check out Byblos Art Hotel Villa Amista between Verona and Lake Garda. There’s a spa, pool, gourmet restaurant and wine tastings on offer, too.
- North east of Verona, and set amongst its own vineyards, Tenuta Le Cave has boldly designed rooms - from rustic-chic to Baroque and vintage - each with a private patio. There’s a rather fabulous spa and an atmospheric, vaulted cellar bar.
Wine hotels in the Veneto near Lake Garda
The perfect solution to your holiday dilemmas: book a wine hotel in the Veneto that is also close to Lake Garda, ensuring that you get the best of all worlds!
- On Lake Garda itself, at Malcesine, Bellevue San Lorenzo is a surprisingly well-priced (for the location) belle époque villa with elegant rooms, balconies and lake views. In the spacious gardens there are ancient olive and magnolia trees as well as an infinity pool.
- The family-run Hotel du Lac is charmingly traditional with antique-filled rooms and a restaurant terrace deliciously poised above the lake. Definitely a place to take off your watch, switch off the phone and just relax.
- Just a 20-minute drive from the lake, the 18th-century Villa Cordevigo sits in beautiful Italian gardens and has vast rooms in high-Venetian style. Some rooms have private hot-tubs. It has its own vineyard as well as a Michelin-starred restaurant and is close to the Strada del Bardolino wine route.
Wine hotels in the Veneto for Prosecco-lovers
If prosecco is your tipple of choice then either of these Veneto wine hotels will fit the bill. Both are ideally situated for tasting the best of the bubby.
- Surrounded by Prosecco vineyards, near Follina Treviso, Hotel dei Chiostri has crisp, boutique-style rooms with original paintings, private balconies and a gourmet restaurant. It offers extremely good value for its location.
- If food is your thing, you might be more tempted by Villa Abbazia, also in Follina Treviso, a luxurious and traditional country-house hotel with Michelin-starred restaurant.
For a city base
- And if you really want to splash out, and combine your wine tour with a stay in Venice, take a look at Ca Maria Adele, minutes from St Mark’s Square. This 16th-century palazzo adds a blast of originality to the usual Venetian fabrics and furnishings of the city’s palazzi, with its series of exotically themed rooms. There’s a charming terrace plus lovely views across the lagoon to Santa Maria della Salute.
With plenty of flights to Verona and Venice, this is a very accessible region. Our range of wine hotels in the Veneto allows you to stay in the city, in the countryside or by the lakeside. The hardest part is choosing. Nothing here? Expand your search to all our recommended properties in the Veneto and Venice. Alternatively check out our ulimate guide to wine hotels throughout Italy.
I Tamasotti 6 rooms from $115Mezzane, Veneto
Peaceful country house hotel. Traditional rooms have stone floors, balconies and cream furnishings. Outdoor terrace and gardens. Excellent regional cuisine from locally sourced produce. Intimate, romantic and quiet.Hideaway - Only 6 rooms, surrounded by vineyards, this is a peaceful break, with beautiful Verona a short drive, and plenty of cycle routesGreat walks - Around nearby Lake GardaSights nearby - Less than 20km to VeronaRestrictions on children - Children over 5 welcome
Agriturismo al Segnavento 5 rooms from $82Venice, Veneto
Charming farm hotel outside Venice centre. Cosy rooms have wooden floors, traditional fabrics and countryside views. Gardens and sit out terrace, stables and farm. Fantastic traditional Italian menu. Family friendly, quiet and authentic.Families - Ideal for families, with big rooms, working farm activities for children, horse riding and walksSights nearby - 15 minute drive from Venice’s city centreGreat walks - Through the surrounding farm lands
Byblos Art Hotel Villa Amista 60 rooms from $228Verona, Veneto
Fantastic boutique hotel for the design conscious. Baroque furniture, fountains, landscaped gardens, contemporary art, Scandinavian furniture and Venetian chandeliers. Like something from Gatsby. There's also an excellent restaurant and spa.Artworks - The hotel houses works by world famous contemporary artists5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.HoneymoonsRecommended by - Tablet
Tenuta Le Cave 13 rooms from $140Verona, Veneto
Contemporary luxuries, rustic Italian design and eco-development meet in this Manor House located in a vineyard in the northern Italian hills. Each room has an individual style influenced by the local region. Drink in the hotel's own wine and stunning views of the valley on your private patio.Good wine list - Located in its own vineyard, Tenuta le Cave offers an array of its own and other local winesFull of character - The Horse Suite is decorated all things equine, with an old jumping frame for the bed and saddles for the bedside tablesSpa - Including a salt cave, Turkish baths, a sauna, treatment rooms and a relaxation roomSights nearby - Historic and beautiful Milan, Verona and Venice are not too far to visit
Villa Abbazia 18 rooms from $219Follina, Veneto
Welcoming country comfort for gourmets and oenophiles. Two restaurants with Michelin stars and extensive wine lists. Beautiful and elegantly decorated rooms, and a family annexe, painted in creams and pastel colours. A wonderful spot for exploring.Restaurant - 2 restuarants, both with Michelin stars.Country EscapeFoodiesFamiliesRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Hotel Dei Chiostri 15 rooms from $146Follina Treviso, Veneto
A fabulous little hotel near Treviso with stunning boutique interiors. Rooms and suites are sumptuously decorated with paintings on the walls, lots of rich fabrics, natural light, and private balconies. Set in prosecco vineyards and with a gourmet bistro and restaurant, it's an indulgent spot.Foodies - A bistro and fantastic restaurant, plenty of Prosecco.Luxury - Stunning interiors and all the mod cons.Garden - Immersed in the prosecco vineyards.Romantic Break
Ca Maria Adele 12 rooms from $436Venice
16th-century palazzo, overlooking Santa Maria della Salute Basilica in central Venice. The decor harks back to a bygone era of decadence and style. Think rich fabrics, bold wallpaper and quirky antiques. Choose one of the themed rooms for the best experience, and fine lagoon views.Exclusive offer - City breakCity Style - Chic hotel with fantastic views of the Santa Maria della Salute Basilica in central Venice.Romantic Break - Ornate kingsize beds and sumptuous fabrics throughout.Romantic - Good for couples.Great walks - Wander down to the island tip where Punta della Dogana hosts the stunning art collection of billionaire Francois Pinault.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Johansens, Kiwi Collection
Bellevue San Lorenzo 52 rooms from $211Malcesine
Popular belle epoque villa with lovely grounds overlooking the lake. Five Italian Villas with simple traditional rooms. Highlights include outdoor pool, fitness centre and small relaxation spa. Good value for a stunning spot.Views - Wonderful views of Lake Garda.WellbeingSecluded setting - For escaping.Garden - Attractive outside space.
Villa Cordevigo 23 rooms from $193Cavaion Veronese,, Lake Garda
An 18th century palatial villa just 10km from Lake Garda, with formal Italian gardens and parkland. Rooms are decorated in a Venetian style with period furniture, high ceilings and original stone fire places. The restaurant favours traditional dishes with local produce. A stunning Italian estate.Sights nearby - The perfect base from which to explore both Lake Garda and Verona.Full of characterSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSpaRecommended by - Tablet