- ✓ Best selection
- ✓ Save time, save money
10 of the Best Hotels near Palma
Mallorca, or Majorca, is the largest and best-known of the Balearic islands, a popular holiday destination with glorious sandy beaches in the south, and towering mountains, sheer cliffs and rocky coves in the north. There’s plenty of accommodation options in the area just outside Palma and around Magalluf, Pollensa and Alcudia, but if you want to stay somewhere special you need our Guru’s list of the best hotels near Palma.
There are some stunning areas in the centre and north-west that remain quite unspoiled and our selection of the best hotels near Palma can be found in the unspoiled towns and in the countryside outside the capital. And our best hotels near Palma range from sophisticated urban villas to peaceful country fincas, enticingly off the tourist trail.
10 of the Best Hotels near Palma
- The Can Furios Hotel is a traditional seven room hotel with an exceptional restaurant, converted from a charming 16th Century villa on a lovely estate,
- or you might like to push the boat out and stay at La Residencia, which is perched on a lovely hillside above Deià. The lush gardens surrounding the hotel make for a romantic setting, and there’s top notch dining and lovely antiques and four poster beds inside.
For a Beach Break
- The Hotel Villa Italia is a sophisticated, 16 room hotel converted from a sumptuous grand villa. There’s a fine restaurant and a pool and spa.
- The Finca Es Castell is a remote, relaxed finca with a rustic feel - think cobbled patios, ancient vines and whitewashed walls - and delicious food.
Best Hotels near Palma to Relax
- The Finca Ca N'Ai B&B is a tranquil, two room refuge, just outside Sóller with lovely terraces and a good restaurant - adults only.
- Or, close to Deià is Es Molí, a large but well laid out hotel with sea views and lush gardens and a private, rocky cove just a short drive away.
- L’Hermitage in Bunyola is an off-the-beaten-track country hotel deep in Mallorca’s interior, with mountain views, a chic mix of period and contemporary features, great food and a small spa and pool.
For Spectacular Views
- Sa Pedrissa, also near Deià, is a tranquil and upmarket agroturismi converted from a 17th Century manor house which overlooks a spectacular stretch of rugged coastline.
- Or for gorgeous valley views try the discreet and peaceful Mirabo de Valldemossa, which has just nine chic rooms, a lovely pool and garden and serves excellent local cuisine.
For Something Special
- Es Revellar Art Resort is a one off agroturismo meets art hotel offering spacious villas and suites, friendly service and an unforgettable cultural experience - it’s like an indoor/ outdoor museum!
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels near Palma on our Guru’s list you could:
- head into Palma and refine your search to the best places to stay in Palma de Mallorca,
- expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Mallorca,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Finca Ca N'Ai B&B 11 rooms from $183Soller, Mallorca
A gorgeous country property in rugged and serene surrounds just outside Sóller. Traditional styled suites with lovely terraces. Delicious Mediterranean cuisine makes the most of local produce. A lovely place to hideaway from the world yet conveniently placed for local exploring.Hideaway - A wonderfully romantic and tranquil adult only hideaway set in beautiful rugged countryside ringed by the Tramuntana mountains.Sailing - Rent a motorboat from Puerto de Sóller just 3km from the property.Great walks - Trekking routes can be joined directly from the hotel.Restrictions on children - Adults only establishment (16+).
Mirabo de Valldemossa 9 rooms from $192Valldemossa, Mallorca
Discreet, privately-owned hideaway in the hills perfect for couples wanting peace and relaxation in a beautiful location. Chic rooms seamlessly combine original elements and contemporary furnishings. Lovely gardens & pool area. Delicious Mallorcan cuisine. Romantic and totally relaxing.Views - Stunning valley viewsHoneymoonsGreat walks - Situated in the middle of the Sierra de TramuntanaRestrictions on children - Not really suitable for children.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Hotel Villa Italia 16 rooms from $214Puerto de Andratx, Mallorca
A sumptuous villa hotel with a fabulous harbour location and beautiful sea views. Fine restaurant, serving designer Mediterranean and international cuisine. Rooms are sleek and most have roman pillars and stuccoed ceilings. Excellent pool and spa. A luxurious, sophisticated seaside break.Restaurant - Designer Mediterranean and international cuisineViews - Beautiful coastal viewsSwimming Pool - Outdoor and indoor poolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Finca Es Castell 12 rooms from $160Caimari, Mallorca
Off the beaten track, this pretty, rustic contemporary-style finca is ideal for groups, families and couples wanting a remote, informal countryside retreat with delicious food. Good relaxed base to explore the island. Cobbled patios, ancient vines and white washed walls - oodles of rustic charm.Views - Stunning views over the surrounding countrysideSecluded setting - A rustic retreat in a lovely location.Full of characterTotal relaxationRecommended by - I Escape
La Residencia 67 rooms from $433Deià, Mallorca
Sheer luxury at this remarkable hotel that sprawls over a hillside in Deià. Beautiful gardens, top notch dining, antiques and four posters. Romantic setting, ideal for honeymooning or just pure relaxation - every comfort is catered for. Outdoor pools and a fine spa, with local country pursuits.Romantic Break - Beautiful views, the perfect place to unwindFoodies - Boastin an award-winning restaurantWellbeing - Excellent spa and saunaRomantic - Beautiful, luxurious destination
Es Molí 87 rooms from $170Deià, Mallorca
A large but well laid out hotel close to Deia that stands out for its spectacular setting, seaviews and lush gardens. Large rooms with standard period decor, private rocky cove a short drive away, great for a relaxing country break.Local markets - In nearby villages on Wednesdays, Saturdays and SundaysViews - Beautiful coastal and mountain viewsSwimming Pool - Heated, spring water swimming poolGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Sa Pedrissa 9 rooms from $198Deia, Mallorca
Upmarket agroturismi in a 17th-century manor house overlooking a rugged coastline. A tranquil, adult-only hideaway with traditional Mediterranean decor and fine antiques. Lush gardens and spectacular views. Perfect for a romantic week away.Views - Spectacular sea viewsSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRestrictions on children - Adults onlyHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
L’Hermitage Hotel & Spa 20 rooms from $182Orient (Mallorca)
Off-the-beaten-track country hotel hidden in the beautiful Mallorca countryside. Chic, contemporary decor mixed with traditional period features. Spa and outdoor pool with mountain views. A rural oasis surrounded by olive groves and fruit trees.Spa - Includes jacuzzi, sauna, steam bath and indoor pool; aromatherapy, massages and body treatmentsGreat walks - Located in the middle of the Sierra de TramontanaSights nearby - Beautiful surrounding lakes and mountainsSwimming Pool - Outdoor and indoor pools
Es Revellar Art Resort 14 rooms from $202Campos
An exceptional one-off agroturismo land art hotel with good food, spacious villas and suites and friendly service. Ideal for art lovers (and adults only) seeking an unforgettable cultural experience in a uniquely extraordinary place. Think indoor and outdoor museum with impressively decorated rooms.Garden - 20 acres of beautifully tended grounds including eight lakes and twenty fountains.Artworks - Guided tours are availableLocal markets - There is a weekly market in CamposSwimming Pool - Non chlorinated outdoor pool