- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Book Now
Hotels Near Marrakech
If you're visiting Morocco for any length of time, grab the opportunity to travel a little further afield from Marrakech than the Palmeraie. Some of the best places to stay in Morocco are hotels near Marrakech, but far enough away to feel as if you've escaped away from the hurly burley.
Within an hour or so of the city, you will discover majestic countryside, breathtaking views and some of the best hotels near Marrakech.
Our Guru's Top Hotels near Marrakech
Hotels near Marrakech - Outskirts of Marrakech
- If you don't fancy straying too far from the city, then the Jardins d'Issil in the outskirts is the perfect compromise. This french owned property is one of our favourite hotels near Marrakech. The cluster of Caidal tents which provide the accommodation are set around a large infinity pool amid scented gardens. The vibe here is very relaxed and the food excellent.
- Some of our Guru’s other recommended hotels near Marrakech or on the outskirts, range from the moderately priced, but exotically decorated Tigmi, converted from simple village dwellings,
- to Kasbah Agafay, an 18th-century mud fort, transformed into an Arabian Nights fantasy, where you can sleep in a four-poster bed inside a wildly romantic tent.
- The world famous Amanjena is also not too far from central Marrakech, and some also qualifies for our list of the best hotels near Marrakech, though it’s not one to look at if you're on a budget!
Top Hotels near Marrakech - High Atlas
The High Atlas mountains are a wonderful region to trek, climb, or even relax amongst epic scenery, where Berber villages cling to steep hillsides. And yet the Atlas mountains are close enough to Marrakech for hotels there to qualify for our list of hotels near Marrakech.
- The Kasbah du Toubkal ticks all the boxes in terms of authentic feel and spectacular views. It also boasts eco credentials with its Green Globe award for sustainable tourism and is very family friendly.
- But for out and out luxury book into the Kasbah Tamadot, Sir Richard Branson's High Atlas pad, with its stunning bedrooms, breathtaking views and five star spa.
Hotels near Marrakech - Great Value in the High Atlas
- The Kasbah Bab Ourika in the High Atlas also offers a luxury retreat, albeit at a more affordable prices,
- or if your budget is restricted book a room in Dar Adrar, a simple, rustic guesthouse perched in the mountains above Imlil.
Hotels near Marrakech - High Atlas foothills
Here you get all the views and solitude without the altitude sickness!
- The Domaine de la Roseraie offers spacious bedrooms in bungalows scattered around exotic gardens.
- Or there’s the Kasbah Angour, a gorgeous Berber castle converted to a hotel, but with much of its traditional charm, and furniture retained.
Top Hotels near Marrakech - Essaouira
Essaouira is a great alternative to staying in Marrakech itself. It offers a much more laid back vibe, yet also has a historical fort, an impressive labyrinth of streets and alleys in the Medina and of course the Atlantic!
- The Villa de L'O is a great little riad with only twelve rooms, making it one of our great small hotels near Marrakech. It’s also just minutes from the beach and golf course and has a fabulous roof terrace looking out over the city battlements.
- But if you want to release your inner surfer then head to Ocean Vagabond. This relaxed yet chic guesthouse offers charming rooms and great food, just 100m from the beach.
If you can’t find your ideal hotels near Marrakech on our Guru’s list then you could:
- try our list of properties in the Palmeraie,
- expand your search to include ALL the best places to stay in Marrakech,
- or refine your search to the best Marrakech riads, or the best hammams in Marrakech,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Jardins d'Issil 17 rooms from $84Marrakech (Sidi Abdallah Ghiat)
A cluster of caïdal tents in the rugged countryside fringing Marrakech. Enchanting Moroccan interiors set a romantic tone with flowing drapes, candles and cushions. Dine on local dishes in the dappled shade of the aromatic gardens. True paradise!Exclusive offer - B&B specialRomantic Break - Romantic Moroccan style tents in a poolside paradise - the perfect romantic retreatSwimming Pool - Large outdoor poolOpulentDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Tigmi 21 rooms from $135Marrakech (Km 24 Route d'Amizmiz)
Exceptional charm at this small hotel formed from a collection of village dwellings. Open fireplaces, rich silks, shaded courtyards, beautiful gardens,and celestial mountain views serve to create a true sense of wellbeing. The Moroccan chic rooms are comfortable and full of thoughtful touches.Total relaxation - Designed with relaxation in mind find quite corners, meandering paths through stunning gardens and suprise plunge pools.Value chic - Moroccan chic at very affordable rates with lovely pool, charming rooms, stylish interiors and plenty of charm.Local markets - Spend a day in the bustling Marrakesh souks, a delight for all the senses.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.
Kasbah Agafay 20 rooms from $313Marrakech (Tamesluht)
An 18th-century mud fort, transformed into an Arabian Nights fantasy. The beautiful canopied suites feature antique furnishings, bold fabrics and warm tones. Kasbah Agafay stands alone on their unrivaled views, service and attention to detail. An opulent oasis.Total relaxation - Unwind and relax in the beautiful tented suites, hammam, spa, poolside or wandering arounf the expansive gardens.Foodies - The on site restaurant serves mouthwatering locally sourced cusine and provides cooking classes for guests.Views - Stunning views of the Atlas mountains.Great walks - Wander the property grounds, or explore the desert and fields leading to the High Atlas.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Amanjena 39 rooms from $719Marrakech (km 12)
World famous luxury hotel. This tranquil retreat pays homage to North Africa's stark beauty - sun-paled red walls, rose strewn fountains. Pavilion style rooms with proportions worthy of a Pasha. The spa that goes above and beyond. A 'peaceful paradise' that breathes romance and beauty.Romantic Break - Think king-sized beds beneath up-lit Venetian stuc domes and private dining in your softly lit dining hall.Total relaxation - Lounge by one of the many pools, indulge in candlelit oil massages and sessions in the Hammam.Sights nearby - Situated near Marrakech the red-walled former fortress crisscrossed by narrow lanes.Great walks - Stroll aorund the lovely lush gardens, a haven for birds and butterflies.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Kasbah du Toubkal 17 rooms from $167Atlas Mountains, High Atlas
An eco-friendly resort perched on the side of the Atlas Mountains. The rooms range from economy dorms to luxurious havens. Moroccan chic decor with exposed wood beams, whitewash walls and bright fabrics. Indescribable views. The delicious food and lovely hosts seal the deal.Exclusive offerActive Holiday - This is the perfect spot to set off on a once ina lifetime trekking experience, not for the faint hearted!Trekking - This is trekking country- Choose from the Flexible 6-day trekking package or the 2-day ascent of Toubkal.Eco break - it employs locals, funds the Village Association and has won a Green Globe for sustainable tourism.Child friendly - Plenty of activities on and off site.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Johansens
Kasbah Tamadot 28 rooms from $551Asni, High Atlas
Richard Branson's exclusive Moroccan hideaway. The ultimate luxury break - 5-star spa, undulating rose gardens, celestial valley views from its hilltop perch, gourmet feasts. Want for nothing in this Atlas heaven.Active Holiday - With a range of trekking options from north Africa's highest peak Jbel Toubkal to a gentle hike down the river to Asni village.Honeymoons - Romantic suites with wonderful views, charming touches and private dining.Swimming Pool - Infinity pool with stunning viewsHills & mountainsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
Kasbah Bab Ourika 10 rooms from $157Ourika, High Atlas
A stunning escape in the foothills of the Atlas mountains less than an hour from Marrakech. With staggering mountain views - this is the perfect place for enthusiastic trekkers as well as those who want to relax.Exclusive offer - Eco friendly breakLuxuryGreat walks - In the national park and the Atlas MountainsViews - Spectacular views to the Atlas MountainsSwimming Pool - Outdoor Pool
Dar Adrar 8 rooms from $29Aroumd, High Atlas
A simple and charmingly rustic guesthouse perched in the High Atlas mountains above Imlil.Great walks - Ideal base if you're climbing Mt Toubkal. Owner can arrange guided walks of the area.Hideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Remote - Off the beaten track.Views - Great views from hotel
Domaine de la Roseraie 42 rooms from $93Ouirgane, High Atlas
Traditional hotel in the foothills of the Atlas mountains. Large, unpretentious bedrooms with traditional Moroccan features set scattered through exotic gardens. Lovely swimming pool and seasonal cooking. A spa and hammam to completely unwind in. Ideal for nature lovers.Romantic Break - The hotel offers couples massages and Hammam sessions plus romantic dinner for two on your first night.Active Holiday - Ideally situated to explore the Atlas Mountains either on foot or on horseback.Great walks - Take a walk around the 60 acres of rose filled parkland the hotel sits in.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Kasbah Angour 25 rooms from $120High Atlas
Gorgeous Berber castle in foothills of the Atlas Mountains. Superb panoramic views, suites with traditional Moroccan materials and locally made furniture. Beautiful gardens, a large swimming pool and wonderful local excursions. A relaxing spot to recoup in after a day of activity.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Views - Great views from hotelGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Villa de l'O 12 rooms from $135Essaouira
A fabulous 18th century boutique riad in a perfect location - minutes from the beach and the golf course. Sand stone columns, sculpted woods, and beautiful fabrics blend oriental tradition and western luxury. A lovely roof terrace has stunning coastal views. A luxurious treat.Romantic Break - A lovers retreat- elegant suites ooze grown up style, while the roof terrace offers the best views of anywhere in town.Active Holiday - Essaouira is a hot spot for outdoor activities particularly windsurfing and kitesurfing.Sights nearby - Make sure to explore the sights of the city, especially to the art galleries, museums and fishing harbour.Local markets - Explore Essaouira's souks, packed with beautiful handicrafts and local produce.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Ocean Vagabond 14 rooms from $83Essaouira (Aïcha)
Chic boutique hotel with impeccable design. Modern Moroccan style throughout with vibrant art, bright colours and local artefacts. Spectacular cuisine served in the restaurant specialising in seafood. A laid back hotel in a prime spot for windsurfers and kitesurfers.Total relaxation - A tranquil haven with fragrant gardens, lovely swimming pool, massage and hammam area and welcoming bar.Active Holiday - An excellent location for watersports enthusiasts particularly windsurfing, surfing and kiteboarding.Sailing - Boat trips can be arranged around the island of Mogador, the ideal way to explore the coast.Sights nearby - Take the guided tours of the Medina, including the ramparts, museums and Church of St Anne.Recommended by - I Escape