- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Wine hotels in Northland
Around 130 miles north of Auckland, Northland sits at the northern tip of North Island. Its wine production may be small - largely from boutique vineyards - but it can lay claim to being New Zealand’s oldest wine-producing area; the first vines were planted in 1819. Vineyards are mainly around the Bay of Islands and on the west coast near Kaitaia. So, many of our wine hotels in Northland make a great base for a sun and beach holiday, too.
Wine hotels in Northland for vineyards and beach!
- If you want to combine wine-tasting with sunbathing, Paihia Beach Resort, a stone’s throw from one of the Bay of Island’s prettiest beaches, might fit the bill. Light, contemporary style bedrooms have balconies or patios, plus there’s a spa, watersports and fishing trips on offer.
For a B&B
- Close to several boutique vineyards, Bed of Roses, in the village of Kerikeri, is a charming B&B with French country-style bedrooms, private terraces and a luscious garden. Extensive breakfasts will set you up for a day exploring the vineyards; the hosts can arrange wine tours.
- Overlooking Bay of Islands, Tiki Tiki Ora - named after the mountain behind - is a light, bright and modern boutique B&B, furnished with colourful and eclectic artefacts from the owners’ travels. Take breakfast on the wide balcony, with its stunning views. Picnic lunches and dinners can also be arranged.
For in-town location
- In the heart of the town of Russell, Flagstaff Lodge is an historic, colonial-style building with wraparound verandah so you can relax and take in the bay views. There are just four elegant and contemporary rooms, outdoor dining and a good wine list. It also has a small spa.
Bed of Roses 3 rooms from $185Bay of Islands
Luxury B&B with three French-themed suites. Double beds, antique furnishings and glorious colourful garden. Extensive breakfast menu and all dietary requirements catered for. In quaint village with views to river basin. Wine tasting and championship golf courses close by.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Restrictions on childrenGreat walks - Good for walkers.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
Tiki Tiki Ora 3 rooms from $251Bay of Islands
Boutique B&B 4km from Russell overlooking Bay of Islands. Three suites with colourful and eclectic artefacts, a landscaped garden and gorgeous outdoor dining area. Friendly and accommodating hosts. Great beaches and walking routes nearby.TrekkingSights nearby - 4km from historic Russell town, with museum, restaurants, cafes and craft galleriesViews - Mountain and sea views across the bayRestrictions on children
Paihia Beach Resort and Spa Hotel 21 rooms from $354Bay of Islands
Luxury hotel with light, clean and spacious suites with features such as French oak floors and large balconies. Only metres from Paihia's most picturesque beach, completed with spa, swimming pool and restaurant serving seasonal food. Ideal for tours of Bay of Islands, golfing and fishing trips.No petsViews - Out to Bay of IslandsSwimming Pool - Heated saltwaterSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Flagstaff Lodge & Day Spa 4 rooms from $369Bay of Islands
Luxury lodge in historic century old building in the heart of Russell with four ensuite rooms. Local art on the walls, use of environmentally friendly products and large comfy beds. Gardens, outdoor deck and baths, as well as luxury day spa.GolfViews - Across Russell to bayRestrictions on childrenLocal markets - Good for local colour.