- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Great Hotels in The Marais Paris
As well as being one of the most evocative districts of Paris, The Marais, is fast becoming the place to stay for both visitors and Parisiens alike. So now, as well as the trendy cafes and restaurants, art galleries, fabulous historic buildings and a delicious collection of boutiques, there’s also a number of great hotels. So our Gurus are here to help you separate the blé from the balle with their list of the best hotels in The Marais.
Best Hotels in The Marais for Period Style
Steeped in history, The Marais has managed to retain some of the character of mediaeval Paris. Its narrow lanes and unspoilt architecture appear untouched by the massive modernisation carried out by Napoleon III and Haussmann in the 19th century.
- If your idea of the best hotels in The Marais involves a bit of period luxury then try the Pavillon de la Reine situated on the Place des Vosges and once the home of Anne of Austria (Louis XIII's wife). It’s also ideal for honeymooners and perfect for a spot of romance and pampering!
For Designer Chic
- If you prefer more flair for your euro, the best hotel in The Marais for you might be the Hotel Bourg Tibourg. This handsome townhouse, which has been transformed into a flamboyant Moorish Palace by designer Jaques Garcia, is very romantic and certainly far more affordable than its famous sister establishment across town, the Costes.
- Or try Le Petit Moulin a Christian Lacroix designed offering which oozes style. Converted from one of Paris' oldest boulangerie - probably used by Victor Hugo - it’s now a super chic, but quiet haven in this busy neighbourhood, so probably also one of the best Hotels in The Marais for a Parisien retreat.
Best Hotels in The Marais for Urban Cool
- It’s not what this district is known for, but if you’re looking for an urban vibe then the Murano Urban Resort should tick all the right boxes; this is a hotel which feels like an nightclub in an Austin Powers meets A Clockwork Orange sort of way! Two of the 52 rooms have their own plunge pools. The really clever thing about this property s is how they fit everything in!
If you decide that the best hotels in the Marais are not up your street and you'd rather be on the Rive Gauche, take a look at our picks in Saint Germain des Prés and the Latin Quarter. Alternatively check out our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Paris.
Pavillon de la Reine 54 rooms from $371Paris
Country house meets 17th Century Parisian mansion on Place des Vosges - hands down the finest square in Paris. Updated interiors and plush bedrooms make for a perfect honeymoon location. Enjoy the serene spa, have a drink at the honesty bar and location means you can walk everywhere.Great walks - Take a stroll around Place des Vosges, lined with trees and red brick houses, built by Henri IV in 1612.Sights nearby - The famed Place de la Bastille is within a few minute walk.Lively area - In the heart of the Marais.Full of characterRecommended by - Frommers, Small Luxury Hotels, Fodors, Tablet
Hotel Bourg Tibourg 30 rooms from $303Paris
A handsome and compact Parisian townhouse turned sultry Moorish palace. The heavily adorned, compact boudoirs boast rich fabrics, innumerable tassels, dim lighting and scented canals. Enjoy breakfast in bed, lounging in the plush sitting room or stepping out into lively Paris. Wonderfully sensual.Romantic Break - An opulent and sultry love nest, think miles of red velvet, subdued lighting and Byzantine alcoves with mosaic-tile tubs.Sights nearby - Marais is brimming with galleries, historic sights and museums, the most notable, Notre Dame, is just down the road.Lively area - In the heart of the Marais.Designer - Jacques Garcia interiors.Recommended by - Frommers, Fodors
Le Petit Moulin 17 rooms from $225Paris
Fabulous, vibrant and unique 4* boutique designed by Christian Lacroix. Each stylish and comfortable room exudes its own unique charm. Enjoy a super-chic stay at the heart of the Marais. Breakfast is served in the vintage bistro, which moonlights as guest only bar in come sundown.Romantic Break - Romantic break in a prime location and surrounded by unique and vibrant interior design.Value chic - Prime location, funky interiors, wonderful service and easy on the wallet!Local markets - Head to the oldest covered market in Paris - Marché des Enfants Rouges.Sights nearby - Picasso Museum is a just around the corner.Recommended by - Frommers, Small Luxury Hotels
1K Hotel 52 rooms from $329Paris
Self-labeled as a design hotel, this four star uber cool hotel is fantastically located in Marais and oozes nightclub vibes. Bright rooms with cool light effects and wall art - two with their own plunge pools. A contemporary menu and delicious cocktails await you. Romantic find in historical area.Romantic Break - Built for romance, with everything from private plunge pools to gigantic round beds- a lovers hideaway in the centre of Paris.Local exploring - Marais is one of Paris' coolest districts, full of young people, galleries, museums, bars, boutiques and cafes.Swimming Pool - Two rooms have private plunge pools, as well as a public rooftop pool.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet