- ✓ Best selection
- ✓ Save time, save money
Great Hotels Near the Spanish Steps
The Spanish Steps are known throughout the world for their beauty and location, emptying into the Piazza di Spagna where they offer a beautiful view of the square and fountain. And what could be a more perfect end to your days in Rome but laying your head in one of our great hotels near the Spanish Steps? Where you’ll be within walking distance of so many more wonderful sights!
And where you can take up a place at a café in the square and watch the multitudes as they admire your local view or scurry to and from the local designer stores, or the local restaurants.
Our Guru’s list of great hotels near the Spanish Steps has been hand picked from our Roman favourites and includes an option for all budgets and styles of travel.
Great Hotels near the Spanish Steps
- Crossing Condotti offers an oasis of privacy and luxury, with just six rooms and decor which is a happy marriage between nicely chosen Baroque antiques and a modern canvas.
- Or, if you want the ultimate in romantic luxury, try La Residenza Napoleone, two incredibly opulent apartments dripping in old world romance, with huge oils, taffeta silks and beautiful antiques. They also offer an in-house cook.
- The Due Torri is surprisingly peaceful, consider its central location, and offers 26 elegant rooms and four family apartments, in a building which was once home to Cardinals, Bishops and famous noble families.
- Margutta 54 is a bit different, a sleek collection of six suites with all the mod. cons. which can cater to all types of travellers.
- Or you might also try Mario de Fiori 37, another slick set of four self catering suites and apartments.
- The Eden is a large and luxurious, five star property with traditional decor and traditional discretion in a great spot that you can really appreciate when dining in the spectacular roof terrace restaurant.
- Or you might try the Hotel de Russie, which has a lovely courtyard and garden, and light, airy rooms, and a spa and pool - despite being in the centre of town.
For Great Value
- Casa Howard is a stylish, intimate, and reasonably priced home from home, decorated with beautiful objects, art and antiques, and there’s a Turkish hammam.
- At around £80 per night the Locarno is in a similar price bracket, and is a 1920s era hotel with a lively bar and understated sophistication.
Great Hotels near the Spanish Steps for Something Special
- The Piazza di Spagna 9 is a beautifully designed mansion in the heart of Rome with just six, individually decorated rooms, a Turkish steam bath and its own contemporary art gallery.
- The Portrait Suites, in the fashion district, are a collection of 11 luxurious, boutique style suites with haute couture furniture, kitchenettes, marble bathrooms and private terraces.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best place to stay in Rome on our Guru’s list of great hotels near the Spanish Steps, you could:
- expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Rome,
- refine your list to great hotels near the Colosseum,
- consider our Guru’s list of the best hotels near the Vatican,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Eden 121 rooms from $396Rome
A five-star luxury hotel in one of Rome's most exclusive areas. Traditionally furnished rooms exude opulence and old world style with bold fabrics, antiqued furnishings and spectacular views of the city. Unwind in the Piano bar or soak up the skyline in the fine dining rooftop restaurant. Spoiling.Romantic Break - The opulent and enourmous suites are ideal for a couples hideaway, not to mention the romantic rooftop resturant.Local exploring - Perfectly located for exploing the sights of Rome, close enough to travel by foot or bicycle.Great walks - Visit nearby Borghese Gardens for lovely walking gardens, museums and historic buildings.Sights nearby - Close to the Spanish Steps, one of Rome's most famous sights.
Due Torri 26 rooms from $128Rome
A charming historical hotel just a few steps from Piazza Navona and the Vatican. Surprisingly quiet for its central location, the elegant rooms offer comfortable beds and antique furniture. A true gem with plenty of traditional charm.Local exploring - Location is perfect for those wishing to emerce themsevles in Rome and explore like a local.Historic - Previously the building housed Cardinals, Bishops, and famous noble Roman famillies.Families - Four small apartments are ideal for accommodating families.Great walks - Right in the historic heart of Rome, wander the streets and get a feel for the Eternal City.
Casa Howard 5 rooms from $106Rome
A stylish homely guesthouse in the heart of Rome. Rooms are filled with beautiful objects, art works and antiques. This is an intimate and romantic guesthouse ideal for families and groups. Enjoy the Turkish Hammam, proximity to landmarks such as the Spanish Steps and breakfast in bed.Exclusive offer - Save 20%Local exploring - Right in the centre of the city, a perfect launch pad for exploring this vibrant ancient capital.Families - Ideal for all the family to base themselves. Offers board games and a DVD library.Cooking classes - The Concierge Service team are at your beck and call to organise such activities.Sights nearby - A stone's throw from the iconic Trevi and Spanish Steps.Recommended by - I Escape
Crossing Condotti 5 rooms from $235Rome
Luxury oasis near the Spanish Steps that marries modern décor with well-chosen baroque antiques. Five intimate rooms and one junior suite with original beamed ceilings, polished wooden floors, enormous beds and tasteful artworks. Elegant and chic, with a very hospitable concierge.Sights nearby - Steps away from the Piazza di Spagna in the centre of RomeFour poster beds - For romantics.
Locarno 83 rooms from $246Rome
A 1920s Art Nouveau styled hotel oozing character and offering prime positioning. Spacious, beautifully designed rooms with mod-cons and excellent business facilities. The lively bar attracts a local and fun crowd. Perfect for a romantic weekend.Romantic Break - Chic decor, central location and romantic rooftop bar make this an ideal getaway for two!Local exploring - Use the free hotel bikes to explore the historic city centre like a local.Great walks - Just five minutes away you'll find Villa Borghese, the third largest public park in Rome.Sights nearby - Check out the iconic Piazza del Popolo, located just a few minutes from the hotel.
La Residenza Napoleone 2 rooms from $780Rome
Incredibly opulent apartment suites drenched in old world Italian romance. Huge oil paintings, taffeta silks, lavish beds, Baroque furniture, antique lighting and romantic pastels covering the walls. Each suite has a kitchenette, private terrace, in-house cook and access to a concierge service.OpulentRomantic BreakRomantic - Good for couples.Luxury
Hotel de Russie 122 rooms from $445Rome
Beautiful contemporary Roman hotel overlooking the Piazza del Popolo. Plush rooms are light and airy, many of them feature courtyard garden views. Luxury with style, great food and a spa and pool. A grown up city escape.Garden - Stunning terraced gardens where you can dine during the summer months.Restaurant - Recommended.Spa - Featuring hydropool and Turkish steam bath.Sights nearby - 10 minutes walk from The Spanish Steps.
Piazza di Spagna 9 6 rooms from $328Rome
Located in the heart of Rome, this designer Mansion is uniquely decorated and boasts its very own contemporary art gallery. There are six individually decorated guest rooms and a Turkish steam bath for relaxing after a day's sightseeing. The perfect blend of contemporary and classic Roman elegance.Sights nearby - Just next to The Spanish Steps and Fontana di TreviDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Four poster beds - For romantics.
Portrait Suites 11 rooms from $684Rome
Luxury boutique suites in Rome's fashion district. Like the shops below, these suites are just as fashionable and come with an equally expensive price tag, with good reason. Each suite boasts enormous space, haute couture designer furniture, marble bathrooms, kitchenettes and private terraces.LuxuryRomantic BreakCity StyleDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Margutta 54 6 rooms from $267Rome
A very slick collection of suites in one of Rome's most central, peaceful and attractive mews. Large, minimalist, and shiny with all the modern gadgetry. These suites can cater to any type of traveller; groups of friends, families, or couples.FamiliesGroupsCity StyleRomantic Break
Mario de Fiori 37 4 rooms from $303Rome
Gloriously sleek and private self-catering rooms and suites, excellently located near the Spanish steps, equipped with every modern gadget. Bedrooms and suites have their own living areas. Ideal for couples, families, or groups.Sights nearby - Within spitting distance of the Spanish StepsFamiliesRomantic BreakCity Style