- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
The Best Costa Brava Beach Hotels
Sun, sea and sand are guaranteed on the Costa Brava, Spain’s first - and still the leading - holiday coast. Stretching from Blanes, an hour’s drive north of Barcelona, to the French border, this was one of Europe’s first package-tour hotspots. And for good reason: warm seas, miles of soft sand, glorious sunshine. So, a Costa Brava beach hotel is still one of the best choices for a seaside break.
But it’s not all high-rise hotels and jam-packed beaches - although you will find plenty of cheerful fun around Lloret de Mar, if that’s what you want. There are wooded coves and pretty beaches around Palamós (where chic Barcelonians hang out) and more rugged coastlines to the north, around the Bay of Roses, for the more adventurous. This was also home to the maverick surrealist, Salvador Dalí. We’ve been up and down the coast and rounded up some of the best beach hotels on the Costa Brava.
Best Costa Brava beach hotels for value
- With 20 simple, white-on-white rooms, Hotel Casamar, overlooking Llafranc Bay, is terrific value for a holiday where you want to hop from room to beach and back again, with minimum effort. All rooms have balconies, plus there’s a breezy restaurant and local watersports.
- Nearby Hotel Terramar, with the same matchless location, is slightly larger with unfussy, contemporary rooms. Opt for a sea-view with balcony. Family-run, its excellent-value fish restaurant has a lovely dining terrace.
Best moderately priced Costa Brava beach hotels
- Overlooking the Bay of Cadaqués, on the northern stretch of the Costa Brava, Hotel Playa Sol has large and airy rooms with splashes of bright colours. Most have balconies, plus there are four-person apartments; great for families.
- Perched above a small, sandy beach, family-run Hotel Tamariu has bright, nautically themed rooms. Relaxed and low-key, it has a restaurant offering Catalan specialities and ready access to plenty of watersports.
- In the north, on an unspoilt curve of beach near L’Escala, family-friendly Hostal Empuries offers cool, modern rooms and terrific eco credentials. It also has a sleek spa and a choice of two restaurants.
Best luxury Costa Brava beach hotels
- Stay at Hotel Aigua Blava, overlooking the bays of Fornells and Aiguablava, and there’s no need to go anywhere. Everything is on site, from watersports and tennis to a kids’ club and outdoor pool. Rooms are large and contemporary-Catalan in style.
- Sprawling above the beach at the Bay of Roses, Hotel Vistabella has just 29 luxurious rooms and suites - think sleek greys and creams, marble or polished-wood floors, large balconies. With watersports, four restaurants, a spa, and close proximity to eight golf courses and Dali Museums, it’s perfect for both romantics and the more active.
There are hundreds of Costa Brava beach hotels but we’ve sifted through them all to come up with the best to suit every pocket. Now all you need do is find your sun cream and your shades. Or if you can't find what you're looking for check out all our Costa Brava recommendations.
Hotel Casamar 20 rooms from $47Llafranc, Costa Brava
A small charming hotel with stunning views over the bay. Sunny rooms have parquet floors, creamy furnishings and private balconies. Lovely restaurant and terrace overlooking the sea. A great value spot for a beach holiday.Views - Stunning views over the bay.Value chicSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Hotel Terramar 53 rooms from $73Llafranc, Costa Brava
A simple hotel with contemporary rooms minutes from the beach with stunning sea views. Excellent fish restaurant, family friendly, and great value for money. An ideal choice for a beach holiday and walking distance from bars and restaurants.Views - Stunning sea views.FamiliesBeach LifeTotal relaxation
Hotel Playa Sol 49 rooms from $114Cadaques
A lovely seaside hotel in the bay of Cadaques. Smart nautical rooms and apartments with lots of natural light, white washed walls and private balconies. Good restaurant, stunning views, excellent value. An ideal beach holiday for families, friends, and couples.Views - Views both over the Med and the villageGroups - Apartments sleep 4 persons.FamiliesBeach Life
Hotel Tamariu 17 rooms from $114Tamariu, Costa Brava
Fantastic sea front hotel with crisp nautical themed rooms and an excellent fish restaurant. Excellent value and perfectly positioned for a beach holiday. Low key, family friendly, and lots of activities around.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Beach LifeValue chicFamilies
Hostal Empuries 53 rooms from $116l'Escala, Costa Brava
One of Europe's most eco friendly resorts. Original Greco Roman ruins meet sleek modern design. Various rooms suit families, couples and groups. Two excellent restaurants, top notch spa, and plenty to do on the beach and around.Families - Family rooms.Eco breakBeach LifeSpa breaksRecommended by - I Escape
Vintage Cap sa Sal 10 rooms from $136Begur
A lively restaurant and bar with rooms on the beach front. Contemporary chic rooms and family suites have private sea-facing balconies, parquet floors and creamy furnishings. A great choice for a beach holiday.Beach LifeLively - Hip and happening.Views - Wonderful sea viewsSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Fodors
Hotel Aigua Blava 85 rooms from $141Begur (Fornells)
Excellently equipped seaside hotel right on the beach. Rooms, suites and apartments all in neutral tones with private balconies cater to families, groups and couples. Excellent restaurant, salt water pool, tennis courts, and watersports. A great choice for a beach holiday with everything on site.Views - Views over the bays of Fornells and AiguablavaGroupsFamiliesBeach Life
Hotel Vistabella 29 rooms from $167Province of Girona, Costa Brava
Magical luxury hotel overlooking the Bay of Roses - with crystal sea views it's a perfect romantic hideaway. Stylish rooms with a nautical vibe echo the Mediterranean, and most have terraces overlooking the sea. Four restaurants, panoramic bar, indoor pool & spa. Spoiling luxury by the sea!Local exploring - Explore the wider Costa Brava from its hidden beaches to the Dali Museum to ancient ruinsSights nearby - Serra de les Alberes is a stunning area to explore Romanesque churches.Sailing - Rent a boat and explore the seas sailing or relax on a Catamaran tour.Local markets - Local markets give a great sense of local life in the Costa Brava.