- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Best Costa Brava Hotels for Families
Guaranteed sunshine, sandy beaches and warm seas spell happy families. And the Costa Brava has all three in spades. Not surprisingly, many of its hotels are geared up to making sure both children and parents can have fun and relax, whether that means providing children’s clubs and child-friendly restaurants or adults-only pools and babysitting services. We’ve picked some of the best Costa Brava family hotels to ensure you all have a holiday to remember.
Best Costa Brava family hotels with children’s activities
- A stylish and historic yet low-key restaurant-with-rooms, Hotel Restaurant Aiguaclara in Begur, is well-placed for both town and beach life. Larger rooms and suites have space for extra beds plus there are children’s meals and activities on site.
- For all-round luxury and children’s entertainment, it’s hard to beat the A-listers’ favourite, Mas de Torrent. A Relais & Chateaux property, this country-house hotel near hilltop Begur offers a summer programme of children’s entertainment. Families are directed to the 20 garden suites, with private garden access, and a chic cotemporary style.
- On an unspoilt beach near L’Escala in the northern part of Costa Brava, Hostal Empuries has large family rooms in contemporary style, plus on-site activities that include paddleboards, boats and bicycles to hire, plus a weekend kids’ club. The beach is very safe plus the hotel is close to waterparks.
Best Costa Brava family hotels with apartments
- Overlooking Fornells and Aiguablava Bays, Hotel Aigua Blava has nine four-person apartments in addition to its normal bedrooms, all in unfussy, neutral tones. No need to leave the hotel as watersports, tennis courts, children’s pool and a children’s playground, as well as a good-value restaurant, are all on site.
- For a smaller option, have a look at Hotel Playa Sol overlooking the Bay of Cadaqués. The four-person apartments, bright and crisp with white-washed walls, jaunty striped throws and contemporary furniture, all have private balconies. Tennis, kayaking, cycling and watersports are some of the on-site activities.
Best Costa Brava family hotels for good value
- Fall out of bed and onto the beach (almost) at Hotel Tamariu, a small (17-room), family friendly and well-established, family-run hotel. Bright, simple rooms, large balconies, child-friendly restaurant and stunning sea views make this a popular choice for both parents and children.
- One of the best-value family hotels on the Costa Brava, Hotel Terramar, at Llafranc, offers unfussy, modern rooms and is a hop, skip and a jump from the beach. Family-run for over 80 years, its staff are great with children. Parents will be thrilled to know it has a terrific fish restaurant, and breakfasts are free for the under-6s.
The Costa Brava is a failsafe choice for a family holiday, and using our guide to the best Costa Brava family hotels you can be sure that you are choosing somewhere that is geared up to coping with children - however demanding!
Nothing here that ticks all the right boxes? Then check out all our Costa Brava recommendations.
Hotel Restaurant Aiguaclara 8 rooms from $96Begur
This mansion in medieval Begur is the perfect place for families. Surrounded by historic sites, with beautiful beaches nearby, and delicious Catalan food at the hotel's restaurant and around. Exquisitely decorated in boho-chic style.Town - Begur is a pretty, medieval town.RuralFamilyValue chic
Mas de Torrent 39 rooms from $312Torrent, Costa Brava
Five Star luxury in a country house hotel that attracts A listers. A mixture of contemporary and classical rooms and suites, all with private balconies, some with private pools. Excellent restaurant, roof top terrace bar, spa, and lovely grounds. A sophisticated choice.Spa breaksFoodies5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Kids Club - Nursery and childrens entertainment programmes during the summer seasonRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Hostal Empuries 53 rooms from $119l'Escala, Costa Brava
One of Europe's most eco friendly resorts. Original Greco Roman ruins meet sleek modern design. Various rooms suit families, couples and groups. Two excellent restaurants, top notch spa, and plenty to do on the beach and around.Families - Family rooms.Eco breakBeach LifeSpa breaksRecommended by - I Escape
Hotel Aigua Blava 85 rooms from $144Begur (Fornells)
Excellently equipped seaside hotel right on the beach. Rooms, suites and apartments all in neutral tones with private balconies cater to families, groups and couples. Excellent restaurant, salt water pool, tennis courts, and watersports. A great choice for a beach holiday with everything on site.Views - Views over the bays of Fornells and AiguablavaGroupsFamiliesBeach Life
Hotel Playa Sol 49 rooms from $117Cadaques
A lovely seaside hotel in the bay of Cadaques. Smart nautical rooms and apartments with lots of natural light, white washed walls and private balconies. Good restaurant, stunning views, excellent value. An ideal beach holiday for families, friends, and couples.Views - Views both over the Med and the villageGroups - Apartments sleep 4 persons.FamiliesBeach Life
Hotel Tamariu 17 rooms from $117Tamariu, Costa Brava
Fantastic sea front hotel with crisp nautical themed rooms and an excellent fish restaurant. Excellent value and perfectly positioned for a beach holiday. Low key, family friendly, and lots of activities around.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Beach LifeValue chicFamilies
Hotel Terramar 53 rooms from $75Llafranc, Costa Brava
A simple hotel with contemporary rooms minutes from the beach with stunning sea views. Excellent fish restaurant, family friendly, and great value for money. An ideal choice for a beach holiday and walking distance from bars and restaurants.Views - Stunning sea views.FamiliesBeach LifeTotal relaxation