- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Book Now
Costa Brava hotels with pools
Who doesn’t like a hotel with a pool? Particularly when there’s the guaranteed sunshine of the Costa Brava. But sometimes a pool can disappoint: it’s too small, it’s filled with children, it doesn’t have a view, it’s too noisy…
We have scoured the hotels of the Costa Brava to seek out those that have swimming pools that will surprise and delight. So, whether you want a pool for doing your lengths, or a pool that’s just pretty to sunbathe beside, or a pool that will suit all the family, or a pool with a view, read our guide to the best Costa Brava hotels with pools.
Best Costa Brava hotels with pools for sunbathing
- No fears of being splashed by over-excited children at Can Casi, an 18th-century villa in Regencós: this five-room retreat is adults-only. Beautifully sleek, with plenty of space for sun-bathing, the pool has underwater lighting so you can even take a dip at night. Rooms are eclectically furnished with a mix of vintage and contemporary pieces, and the bathtubs are big enough for two.
- At the luxury Mas de Torrent, as well as a lovely sleek pool surrounded by soft white loungers - and with waiters on hand to bring you cooling drinks - you can opt for a room with your own private pool. This is a sophisticated spot - spa, rooftop bar, beautiful grounds - where, frankly, you will want for nothing.
- Overlooking the gardens of Mas de Baix, a sunny-coloured Catalan farmhouse in the southern part of the Costa Brava - and only 30 minutes from Barcelona - this pool is just the sort of place to sit beside with a good book and a glass of wine. This is a laidback retreat with only nine rooms, dotted with antiques, and themed on various Spanish cities..
Best Costs Brava hotels for pools with views
- The beautiful views over the bay of Llafranc, can be enjoyed while drifting around the gorgeous infinity pool of the Hotel Blau Mar. The 17 rooms of this four-star hotel are decorated in contemporary-classic style with polished-wood floors, elegant fabrics and pale-coloured walls. All have private balconies, too.
- The pool at El Convent de Begur is charmingly set on one of the terraces with lush views over the garden and down to the sea. Once you’re settled in a lounger, it’s likely you will find it hard to move. The hotel’s 25 rooms have been quirkily converted from the former cells of this 18th-century convent, and are handsomely decked out with traditional wooden furniture and terracotta tiled floors.
- Slipped amongst the green lawns and tall trees of La Malcontenta’s country-house hotel, the pool is as lovely to look at, as to look out from. This place feels like a (wealthy) friend’s country retreat, rather than a formal hotel, with its rustic-chic bedrooms - with modern four-poster beds, exposed-stone walls and polished wooden floors - cosy library and homely bar.
Best Costa Brava hotels with pools for being active
- The outdoor pool at Hotel Mas Lazuli, a former 11th-century convent, is plenty big enough for those who want to do more than cool off. Set amongst tropical gardens, it’s also lovely for sunbathing. Rooms at this swish country-house hotel are super-stylish with polished wood floors, white-painted rafters and chic furnishings.
- Overlooking the Bay of Roses in the northern part of the Costa Brava, Hotel Vistabella is definitely a place for active types. As well as an indoor pool for doing lengths, there are watersports, sailing, cycling and walking activities, all laid on. And then there’s a spa for recovering. The 29 rooms are sleek and luxurious with large balconies.
- The enormous pool at Hostal de la Gavina has enough space for those who want to do their lengths and for those who just want to cool off. Or for those who prefer to gaze at it from a sleek lounger. This marvellous old-world hotel has a timeless elegance, antique-filled rooms and peerless views from its clifftop promontory at S’Agaró.
Best Costa Brava hotels with family friendly pools
- Hotel Aigua Blava is a great choice for active families: tennis and tennis coaching, watersports, sailing, cycling and a saltwater pool where you can keep an eye on the kids. Minutes from the beach, it also has great views over the bays of Fornells and Aiguablava.
Wherever you are on the Costa Brava, at some point you will want to cool off. Use our guide, to the best Costa Brava hotels with pools to find the right one for your needs - and then don’t forget to pack your swimmers. Nothing here that fits the bill? Take a look at all our recommendations on the Costa Brava.
Hostal de La Gavina 74 rooms from $334Girona, Costa Brava
Old world romance in a classical Five Star hotel. Spectacular sea views from sprawling terraces, elegant rooms and suites filled with antiques, excellent restaurant and spa. Timeless elegance and film star luxury on the beach front.Romantic BreakBeach Life5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
Mas de Torrent 39 rooms from $300Torrent, Costa Brava
Five Star luxury in a country house hotel that attracts A listers. A mixture of contemporary and classical rooms and suites, all with private balconies, some with private pools. Excellent restaurant, roof top terrace bar, spa, and lovely grounds. A sophisticated choice.Spa breaksFoodies5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Kids Club - Nursery and childrens entertainment programmes during the summer seasonRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Hotel Blau Mar 17 rooms from $182Llafranc, Costa Brava
A lovely Four Star hotel with stunning views over the bay. Sunny rooms and suites in contemporary chic style with private balconies. Great value, close to the beach, and lots to do in the area.Views - Stunning bay views.Value chicSights nearby - Half an hour from Girona and an hour's drive from the Dali MuseumSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Mas de Baix 9 rooms from $70Barcelona, Costa Brava
A charming hotel in a restored Catalan farmhouse. Unique rooms are contemporary yet full of character, with antiques, coloured walls and original features. Outdoor pool, fragrant garden and cosy lounge area. A lovely choice for a laid-back weekend visiting beaches and vineyards.Beach Life - The beaches of Barcelona and Maresme with sailing, swimming await. Costa Brava's beaches are one hour awayRomantic Break - Rooms based on Spanish cities are ultimate romance, wineyard tours, beaches, local markets and gardensSailing - Nautical Santa SusannaFull of character
La Malcontenta 14 rooms from $219Palamos, Costa Brava
Idyllic 5* country house hotel walking distance from the beach. Elegant rooms have four poster beds, enormous marble bathrooms and views over the garden. Outdoor pool, terrace, massages available. Excellent, locally sourced cuisine. Romantic, chic and pretty.Romantic Break - Four poster beds in rooms looking out across unspoilt countryside; couples massages and lovely poolGreat walks - Along Castell Beach, the only virgin beach of the Costa BravaLocal markets - Medieval market in CalongeSights nearby - Old part of Girona nearby
Hotel Vistabella 29 rooms from $167Province of Girona, Costa Brava
Magical luxury hotel overlooking the Bay of Roses - with crystal sea views it's a perfect romantic hideaway. Stylish rooms with a nautical vibe echo the Mediterranean, and most have terraces overlooking the sea. Four restaurants, panoramic bar, indoor pool & spa. Spoiling luxury by the sea!Local exploring - Explore the wider Costa Brava from its hidden beaches to the Dali Museum to ancient ruinsSights nearby - Serra de les Alberes is a stunning area to explore Romanesque churches.Sailing - Rent a boat and explore the seas sailing or relax on a Catamaran tour.Local markets - Local markets give a great sense of local life in the Costa Brava.
Can Casi 5 rooms from $177Province of Girona, Costa Brava
Explore this 1704 boutique in Regencós, the heart of the Golden Triangle of Baix Empordà. Adult-only retreat in rural surroundings is home away from home with kitchen gardens, lounging areas in the garden and a pool to spend your days. Contemporary meets classic decor in the rooms. A fantastic find!Cooking classes - Eco-cook workshop avaliable at Can Casi - using produce from their very own garden.Local markets - Head to the local markets to get into full swing of Catalan life.Kayaking - River or sea - rent a kayak and soak up the scenery.Swimming Pool - Outdoor salt water pool
El Convent de Begur 25 rooms from $93Begur (Sa Riera)
18th century convent turned four star hotel just 600m from one of Begur's best beaches. The twenty five rooms have been converted from the convent's cells and feature original tiled floors and wonderful views over the gardens to the Med. El Refectori restaurant serves modern Catalan cuisine.Sights nearby - Explore the charming fishing villages along the coast. Perfect for touring the Dali TriangleGreat walks - Walk the Camins de Ronda, shoreline paths which stretch the length of the Costa BravaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Hotel Mas Lazuli 16 rooms from $198Cadaques (Pau)
Originally an 11th century convent, now a country house hotel with elegant outdoor pool and tropical garden. Bedrooms are cool and contemporary with open plan bathroom and private sitting room. All enjoy glorious views of either olive groves or the Bay of Rosas. A romantic spot close to the coast.Kayaking - Available nearby - can be organised through hotelGreat walks - Serra de Rodes forest areaSights nearby - Dalí Museum in FigueresSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Tablet, I Escape
Hotel Aigua Blava 85 rooms from $158Begur (Fornells)
Excellently equipped seaside hotel right on the beach. Rooms, suites and apartments all in neutral tones with private balconies cater to families, groups and couples. Excellent restaurant, salt water pool, tennis courts, and watersports. A great choice for a beach holiday with everything on site.Views - Views over the bays of Fornells and AiguablavaGroupsFamiliesBeach Life