- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best Hotels for an Xmas Spa Break
Christmas is the best of times, and the worst of times. Full of joy and giving, but also stress: there’s packed shops to negotiate, housefuls of guests to look after, bad weather keeping everyone. So what better time is there to remind yourself of the positives by taking off for a spot of rest and rejuvenation - either before or after Christmas Day - at one of our Guru recommended best hotels for an Xmas spa break.
Close to home
Our selection of the best hotels for an Xmas spa break starts with a few home grown choices......who needs to escape abroad, when you've got everything you need here?
- The Devonshire Arms Country House Hotel and Spa is a luxurious retreat in Yorkshire which has top notch spa facilities and a Michelin starred restaurant.
- Or consider Wallett's Court Country House, an old Jacobean manor, turned 17 room hotel, with sweeping views over Dover’s white cliffs and a spoiling restaurant. Rooms start from a very reasonable £140 per night.
For great value
The best hotels for an Xmas spa break don't have to break the bank. Here's a couple that will tick all the spa boxes, but not leave your wallet empty.
- Staying in the UK, the Park House Hotel, in the heart of the South Downs National Park, West Sussex, is a beautiful 21 room property with lovely, peaceful views, tennis courts, an excellent spa, and of course lovely relaxing walking on the Downs. Rooms start from as little as £108 per night.
Off the beaten track
- If you want to treat yourself, or someone you love, to a jaunt in one of our best hotels for an Xmas spa break then check out the luxurious Isle of Eriska, located on its own island off the West Coast of Scotland. As well as promising peace and quiet, this spa also has a private golf course and a three AA Rosette awarded restaurant.
For a country escape
- If you like the idea of a country escape, consider Calcot Manor, a superb all-round hotel set on its own estate with a great spa and a stunning pool. This is probably most family friendly of our best hotels for an Xmas spa break - if you think your whole family could do with a break!
- Our tempting collection of the best hotels for an Xmas spa break continues with a promise of pampering in Dar Les Cigognes, an elegant riad in the heart of Marrakech with a Fassi Beauty Spa and a stunning massage room.
- The Riad Kaiss, also in Marrakech, has light, airy rooms, an indulgent spa with hammam and their own organic products, plus that elusive factor for us in the UK - winter sun!
- Or perhaps you’d prefer to see Florence in the peace of winter? and stay at the Relais Marignolle, where they offer wellness packages including entry to the Klab Marignolle Spa Centre, free massages and much more.
- The Palazzo Seneca in Norcia, Umbria is another of our best hotels for an Xmas spa break in Italy. A beautifully renovated 16th century mansion, this spa hotel offers hydromassage, aromatherapy and reflexology on its extensive spa menu.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels for an Xmas spa break on our list, expand your search to include the UK’s Best Spa Hotels, or our Ultimate Guide to UK Hotels with Hot Tubs, or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Wallett's Court Country House 17 rooms from $171Dover, Kent
Old Jacobean manor house in country setting. Views over sweeping landscape towards white cliffs. Rustic bedrooms, spa, restaurant.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.SpaRecommended by - Frommers, Johansens, Sawdays
Isle of Eriska 25 rooms from $422By Oban, Argyll
An idiosyncratic and loveable private island resort and spa just off the western coast of Scotland. Antiques mix with contemporary interiors in this peaceful haven. Think cosy living rooms with roaring fires, Michelin star restaurant, luxurious suites and pampering spa. A remarkable rural retreat.Exclusive offer - 3 Night Luxury BreakFoodies - Foodies will love the eight course tasting menu at the Michelin starred restaurant, featuring local game and fish.Active Holiday - Make the most of the stunning location and indulge in fishing, sailing, rambling, canoeing, biking and golf.Sailing - Hire a luxury yacht for the day, the perfect way to explore the coast without getting your boots muddy!Great walks - Stroll round the island or climb one of the easily reached local munroes.Recommended by - Tablet, Good Hotel Guide, Relais & Chateaux
Calcot Manor Hotel 35 rooms from $244Tetbury, The Cotswolds
A charming 14th century manor house in Tetbury, Gloucestershire. Chic rooms feature bold wallpaper prints, soft tones, deep soaking tubs and trendy artworks. The beautifully landscaped gardens feature a range of family activities as well as a pool and spa. An elegant country retreat.Exclusive offer - Sunday spa breakSwimming Pool - Stunning indoor Swimming PoolKids Club - Fully staffed.Secluded setting - For escaping.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Dar Les Cigognes 11 rooms from $172Marrakech Medina
An understated and elegance Riad, in the heart of Marrakech. The beautifully decorated rooms fuse Moroccan and European styles to create enchanting spaces. Fantastic views from the roof top terrace, while you chow down on award winning delicious food. Simply magical.Exclusive offer - Free Night OfferCity Style - Magical rooms in a stylish Riad, with award winning restaurant and extensive spa services- all in the center of Marrakech!ElegantCooking classes - Learn to cook traditional Moroccan food with the school that was voted Best Moroccan Cooking School in the world.Local markets - Less than a ten minute walk away you'll find Jamaâ El Fna Square, the main market in MarrakechRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Marignolle Relais & Charme 10 rooms from $218Florence (Tuscany)
A wonderfully private relaxed Tuscan retreat. Chic rooms, feature fine fabrics and antique furnishings. The outdoor pool and beautiful gardens make this a ideal spot for relaxation. Enjoy an expansive breakfast on the veranda, cooking classes from expect chefs and proximity to local medieval towns.Exclusive offer - Exclusive Advanced Booking OfferLocal exploring - Surrounded by charming countryside and just 15 minutes from Florence- there are exploring opportunitites for all sorts.Value chic - Wonderfully affordable elegantly decorated rooms feature parquet floors, rich tapestries, and antique furniture.Great walks - Take a post breakfast stroll around the fragrant gardens, or head out to explore the olive groves and rolling Tuscan hills.Cooking classes - Paola runs fantastic Tuscan cooking lessons with daughter Silvia, learn to whip up your favourite dishes.Recommended by - I Escape, Johansens, Sawdays
Palazzo Seneca 24 rooms from $209Norcia, Umbria
A glorious Umbrian hotel set in an old palazzo. Traditional family-run hospitality melded with modern requirements. A fine restaurant, romantic rooms with four-poster beds, excellent spa and pool. An indulgent spot with bags of character.Romantic Break - A suave 16th-century Palazzo for a grown up getaway with palatial fourposter beds, fantastic spa and an indulgent restaurant.Local exploring - This stunning Umbrian landscape boasts fantastic walking where you might spot snow marten, red deer, and golden eagles.SpaRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Riad Kaiss 9 rooms from $167Marrakech (Riad Zitoun Kedim)
Magnificent, traditional riad in the Medina with easy access to the historic sites. Stunning rooms with exquisite touches, sun-drenched roof-tops, peace, calm and beauty.ChicCity StyleSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolKids Club - Fully staffed.
The Devonshire Arms Hotel and Spa 40 rooms from $318Skipton, Yorkshire
The former Coaching Inn on the Duke of Devonshire's Bolton Abbey estate is now a romantic hideaway spa hotel. Classic rooms exude comfort and style. 4 AA Rosette fine dining, a brasserie, indoor pool and stunning parkland setting makes this a popular place for families, wedding parties and romance.Hideaway - Mouthwatering food, wonderful service, plenty of activities and old school suites complete with fourposters and walk in showers.Active Holiday - With miles of walking, plus clay pigeon shooting, fly-fishing, and falconry available at Bolton Abbey Estate.Fishing - Fly fishing for brown trout and grayling along a 4.5 mile stretch of River Wharfe.Great walks - Ask at reception for some of well trodden and loved walking routes in the area.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Park House Hotel 21 rooms from $196Midhurst, West Sussex
A timeless family hotel, in the heart of the South Downs National Park. Classically styled rooms brim with old school elegance and comfort. The popular restaurant serves locally sourced wholesome cuisine. A unique spot in West Sussex, complete with grass tennis courts, two pools and spa.Exclusive offer - Weekend Indulgence GetawayCountry Escape - The hotel grounds boasts a croquet lawn, golf course, grass tennis courts and the surrounding hills beckoning for country walks.Total relaxation - With spa treatments, indoor and outdoor pool, sauna and steam room plus a terraced bar for whiling away the afternoon.Sights nearby - Roman villas at Fishbourne and Bignor, plus Chichester Cathedral and plenty of stately homes close at hand.Great walks - The hotel provides wellies for exploring the South Downs rolling into the distance.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Johansens, Sawdays