- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Great Hotels in Snow Sure Resorts
No one wants to arrive at their ski resort and find green fields where the runs to the village should be! These days we all need to be snow sure before we book, and our son Gurus are here to help with their list of the best hotels in snow sure resorts.
Best Hotels in Snow Sure Resorts - Val Thorens
Val Thorens is an obvious choice when it comes to the best hotels in snow sure resorts. At 2300m it’s Europe's highest resort - though sometimes the extreme weather, think high winds and white outs, can make it feel dramatic too!
- Our pick of the best snow sure hotels in Val Thorens is the Hotel des 3 Vallées. Situated in the heart of the resort it’s perfect for families and offers great value for money.
Best Hotels in Snow Sure Resorts - Courchevel 1850
- Just over the mountain in Courchevel 1850 we can recommend Hotel les Monts Charvin - a rare find in this most expensive of resorts: a boutique B&B in the centre of town that does not cost a fortune! And definitely one of the best hotels in snow sure resorts if you’re looking for great views, roaring fireplaces and traditional alpine comfort and luxury.
Best Hotels in Snow Sure Resorts - Val d'Isere
Staying in France one mustn't forget Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy, famed for its long seasons and reliable snow falls.
- Avenue Lodge is a good luxury option if you’re looking for the best hotels in snow sure resort Val d’Isere: The sultry interiors embody urban chic, plus there's a pro shop for all your skiing needs.
- Another option is the ever popular Blizzard the epitome of comfort and convenience with a great spa.
Best Hotels in Snow Sure Resorts - Zermatt
If chocolate box prettiness is on your list of criteria when it comes to the best hotels in snow sure resorts then Zermatt is for you. With the Theodul Glacier ensuring skiing all year round.
- The Rifflealp Resort, situated above the town is only accessible by rail or mountain path and is Europe's highest five star - so it definitely deserves to be on the list of the best hotels in snow sure resorts.
- At the other end of cost spectrum, is Le Petit Hotel; an affordable town centre base and perfect for those who want to spent all day on the piste and all night on the tiles! Doubles start from just £50 per person per night B&B.
Best Hotels in Snow Sure Resorts - Arosa
Arosa, also in Switzerland, has a great snow record too, and a vast array of activities for the non skier including winter walks, sleigh rides, curling and skating.
- The Tschuggen Grand Hotel is a great choice for all: offering fully supervised children's activities programme, great food and its very own mountain railway to deposit you on the pistes!
Best Hotels in Snow Sure Resorts - Lech
Austria’s snow sure Lech and Zurs are also where our Gurus have some of their ski season favourites.
- Like the Gasthof Post, a traditional family run luxury property with fabulous Michelin starred food and a brand new spa.
Best Hotels in Snow Sure Resorts - Zurs
- And down the road in Zurs, where you can ski all the way back to the door of the Thurners Alpenhof after a day out with the in-house ski or snowboard instructor!
If our selection of the best hotels in snow sure resorts doesn't provide you with the perfect property, then take a look at our suggestions in Les Trois Vallées, search by your chosen snow sure destination or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Hôtel des 3 Vallées 28 rooms from $224Val Thorens
A luxury boutique hotel, at the foot of Val Thoren's ski slopes. A cosy cocoon perfect for families with its four family suites, gargantuan breakfast buffets and set three-course dinners. Great value for money.Active Holiday - The ideal active getaway with downhill skiing, snowboarding, sledging, and hiking all on your doorstep!Views - Great views from hotel
Hôtel Les Monts Charvin 19 rooms from $177Courchevel
A rare find: a boutique bed and breakfast in the heart of 1850. Authentic and cosy with roaring fireplaces, traditional fabrics, and leather sofas. A delightfully understated spot.SkiingActive HolidayOutstanding locationViews - Great views from hotel
Le Blizzard 57 rooms from $500Val d´Isere
Much loved 5* luxury hotel in the centre of town; Le Blizzard is a bit of a Val d'Isere institution. Its bar is legendary and the vibe relaxed. Rooms are sumptuous; beautifully decorated and all with balconies boasting great views. Relax in the spa and enjoy fabulous food. Mountain perfection.Skiing - Situated at the foot of the Bellevarde. Ask at the hotel for organising lessons, guides and heli-skiing.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor Pool at the foot of the Bellevarde slopeSpa - Spa by ClarinsViews - Great views from hotel
Riffelalp Resort 72 rooms from $388Zermatt
Accessible only by mountain rail or path, the Riffelalp is Europe's highest five star resort. Traditionally styled rooms feature pine clad walls and large glass windows. Expect a unique and breathtaking panorama facing the Matterhorn, plus three restaurants, spa and luxury as standard.Spa breaks - Pamper and indulge in the on site spa with schonbiel cave, Finish sauna, massages and Chriiter-Grotta.Active Holiday - Endless adrenelin fuelled activities in the surrounding area plus many inhouse activities.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Fodors, Frommers
Fluhalp 4 rooms from $97Zermatt (Switzerland)
Traditional Alpine mountain inn accessible only on skis or by foot. In the winter, it's only the restaurant that is open. Late June to October, great value for money and perfect for groups - you can choose between four bed rooms or dormitories. Ideal as an overnight stop off.Groups - Fluhalp has a variety of acccommodations ranging from 4 bed rooms to dormitories - ideal for trekking groups.Value chic - Providing excellent rates in an expensive areaActive Holiday - Right on the slopesRemote - Accessible only by skis or on foot!
Tschuggen Grand Hotel 130 rooms from $463Arosa
The Tschuggen Grand has much going for it: award winning dining, outstanding views, luxurious rooms & suites, children's activity programme for all ages and to cap it all a private mountain railway to whisk you up to the slopes.Skiing - Private mountain railway delivering guests directly to the slopes.Restaurant - Four different restaurants to choose fromSpa - Architecturally designed brand new spaSwimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Kiwi Collection
Gasthof Post 37 rooms from $286Lech
Traditional family run luxury hotel with plenty of wooden panelling, hunting trophies and antiques. Brand new "Badehaus" spa with outdoor heated panoramic pool & wide range of treatments, plus Michelin starred dining in the Post Stuben.SkiingSwimming Pool - Heated Outdoor Pool with Views and Indoor PoolGreat walks - Both winter and summer hiking from the door.SpaRecommended by - Fodors, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Thurnhers Alpenhof 14 rooms from $560Zurs
Exclusive family owned mountain hotel where pampering is paramount, from the in-house ski & snowboard instructor to the spa whose staff will devise a personal programme for your stay. On top of this enjoy afternoon tea taken in the lounge and gourmet 5 or 8 course dinners every night.Skiing - Ski back directly to the hotel door! In-house ski/snowboard instructor.Views - Stunning views of the surrounding mountains.Spa - With panoramic roof terraceSwimming Pool - Indoor heated poolRecommended by - Kiwi Collection