- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Save time, save money
Turkey’s Best Boutique Hotels - The Ultimate Guide
Our Guru’s ultimate guide to Turkey’s best boutique hotels will help you find the perfect place to stay, whether you want to explore the delights of Istanbul, uncover ancient treasures or kick back on the beach.
- Turkey’s best boutique hotels aren’t all opulent, and our list includes both spoiling, once-in-a-lifetime properties and charming, inexpensive gems.
For Luxury Lovers
Turkey is a great destination if luxury is your thing and there’s plenty for our Gurus to choose from when it comes to Turkey’s best boutique hotels for luxury lovers.
- Among our personal favourites is the ten bedroom Hotel Les Ottomans, undoubtedly one of Turkey’s best boutique hotels. It has perfect position, with breathtaking views over the Bosphorus. The rooms are quite simply lavish, however if you want to be treated like a Sultan, then this is undoubtedly the property for you.
- Further along the water you will find the Çirağan Palace Kempinski. A former palace of the Ottoman Sultans, this hotel features some of the most sybaritic accommodation in Istanbul plus well regarded restaurants, enormous pool side terrace, and great spa.
Not all of Turkey’s best boutique hotels for luxury lovers are found in Istanbul and Ankara, there are plenty to be found on the Aegean and Mediterranean Coasts too.
- The Ada Hotel on the Aegean Coast is another great example of Turkey’s best boutique hotels. With fourteen rooms, this property has chic interiors, several restaurants and hammam, plus it’s only ten minutes’ walk from the beach at Turbuku on the Bodrum Peninsula, where the hotel also has a private yacht.
For great value
Turkey has a myriad of little guesthouses, pensions and B&Bs tucked away, providing plenty of choice for our Guru’s list of Turkey’s best boutique hotels for great value.
- First up in our selection is the Su Hotel and Cottages in Bodrum. On the Western edge of town, tucked away in a quiet cul de sac, it’s easy to forget you’re in such a busy resort. The property has well designed “cubist” rooms featuring white walls with attractive brightly painted woodwork, plus family suites and cottages all with their own kitchenettes.
- Another of Turkey’s best boutique hotels on the Aegean Coast is the Villa Konak in Kusadasi. This bargain hideaway is just minutes from the bustling harbour and bazaar and offers immaculate bedrooms, a pretty garden, good sized pool and a well used library.
- If you’re looking for Turkey’s best boutique hotels on a budget in Istanbul then the Hotel Sari Konak is the perfect choice. Superbly located in Sultanahmet, the historic centre of town, it boasts simply but tastefully decorated rooms and a roof terrace and a charming little courtyard garden where breakfast can be served.
For getting away from it all
Choosing from our pick of Turkey’s best boutique hotels for getting away from it all, will ensure you won’t be stuck in a heaving resort full of tourists.
- The Muses House is a great example. Situated in Kirazli, a village surrounded by cherry and almond trees on the edge of a National Park, yet minutes from Ephesus, Kusadasi and the beaches of the Aegean Coast, this is a stunning property, beautifully converted from a collection of village houses and featuring elegant rooms, great food and relaxed almost house party feel.
- Another good choice, of Turkey’s best boutique hotels to escape to, is Naz Han. A tiny guest house in the heart of Selcuk’s old quarter. It’s got a cool interior courtyard and cosy shared lounge full of vintage furniture, paintings and kilims.
- Or try the Villa Gokbel about 10km from the centre of Dalyan, but with stunning views over the Dalyan peninsula and eight characterful bedrooms. Plus it’s only minutes from Iztuzu beach!
For a beach break
Turkey’s best boutique hotels on the beach aren’t all large resorts, in fact our Guru’s list favours small, more stylish properties.
- The Oyster Residences in Ölüdeniz is where our Guru’s list of Turkey’s best boutique hotels for a beach break starts. It’s a little haven within the maelstrom of Ölüdeniz itself, with tree shaded gardens surrounding a good sized pool.
- Yonca Lodge on the Gulf of Fethiye is another great option. Nestled amongst citrus trees, with the sea on one side and a pine forest on the other, this fourteen bedroom hotel is perfect for a quiet beach break, with a small open air bar and spacious rooms.
- The Kempinski Barbaros Bay is one of Turkey’s best boutique hotels for beach breakers who like a bit of luxury too. Here you’ll find all the services you’s expect from a fabulous spa, plus a selection of seven bars and restaurants and chic, cabana style suites overlooking the private sandy beach and marina.
- The Mountain Lodge near Fethiye is our Guru’s first suggestion when it comes to Turkey’s best boutique hotels for family holidays. Slightly off the beaten track, it offers eight simple bedrooms, or a self catering apartment, plus pool, lovely gardens and children’s play area.
- They also recommend the Hotel Begonvil, a family run pension in the attractive town of Kas. It’s minutes from the harbour bars and restaurants and has a wide selection of accommodation including four modern apartments with fully equipped kitchens and balconies with sea views.
- If you’re planning a family trip to Istanbul then try Ayasofya Konaklari, one of Turkey’s best boutique hotels for families. This collection of historic buildings has been converted to a stylish boutique hotel, beautifully decorated in Ottoman style, in a location which is hard to beat, bang next door to Aya Sofia.
If you haven’t found your perfect Turkish hotel in our list of Turkey’s best boutique hotels you could refine your search to focus on:
Hotel les Ottomans 10 rooms from $835Istanbul (Beşiktaş)
Pure opulence in this gorgeous riverside property. The ultimate place for romance and indulgence. Rooms feature rich coloured fabrics and walls and mix modern luxuries with traditional artifacts. A world renowned spa, private boats, elegant dining spaces and a glorious pool. A truly spoiling stay.City Style - A opulent hotel oozing elegance in an 18th-century Pasha's mansion- expect intricate ceilings, crown mouldings, and chandeliers.Spa breaks - Housing the famed Caudalie Vinothérapie Spa with an extensive therapy list, hamman and a number of pools.Sights nearby - Close to many of Istanbul's most famed sights including the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace.Local markets - Explore the exciting warren alleyways of the Main Bazaar and haggle for a steal.Recommended by - Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Çirağan Palace Kempinski 313 rooms from $230Istanbul (Yildiz Mh.)
Pampering luxury in the former palace of Ottoman Sultans on the banks of the Bosphorus. Lavish interiors are reminiscent of glamour from a bygone era. Award winning restaurants, huge pool terrace, great spa, and celestial views over the Bosphorous. A wonderfully romantic destination.Romantic Break - A truly indulgent stay- palatial suites, sensuous fabrics, award winning cuisine, and spoiling spa treatments.Total relaxation - Spend days being scrubbed, wrapped and rubbed in the spa or lounging by the pool with a cocktail.Sights nearby - Dolmabahce Palace is 10 minutes away by car and the Bosphorus Bridge is nearby taking you to the historic part of the city.Local markets - Make a trip to the Main Bazaar and try out your haggling skills.Recommended by - Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Ada Hotel 14 rooms from $445Bodrum
Luxurious boutique hotel, smartly decorated and furnished with antiques and canopied beds. Chic rooms, excellent hammam and three restaurants. A ten-minute stroll from the beach, its private beach cafe and private yacht for guest's use. A great choice for families and groups.LuxuryBeach LifeFamiliesSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Su Hotel & Cottages 25 rooms from $148Bodrum
Designer style and comfort at an affordable price. A small peaceful oasis in a quiet cul-de-sac. The bright white walls of the 'cubist' complex of rooms, suites with kitchenettes, and two-bedroom apartments surround a lovely swimming pool. A secluded choice for families and groups.Families - This reasonably priced and chic reosrt is ideal for families with lovely gardens and and close proximity to the beach.Sailing - Take a day trip round the Aegean on a wooden Gulet, perfect for a family activity or a romantic trip.Sights nearby - Close to the Antique Theatre and the Crusader Castle.Swimming Pool - Outdoor Pool.
Villa Konak 17 rooms from $45Izmir, Turkish Aegean Coast
Friendly, peaceful hideaway, a few minutes from the bustling harbour and bazaar of Kusadasi. Large white washed rooms with traditional Turkish carpets. A lovely pool and shady spots for unwinding. An ideal base for local exploring.Value chic - A tranquil friendly hotel, with very reasonalbe prices, close to one of the largest archaeological sites in the world.Total relaxation - Take it easy with complimentary afternoon tea, strolls through the lush gardens and lounging by the pool.Great walks - Just a five minute walk from the town centre, head in for a wander and explore its hidden treasures.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby historical sites of Ephasus, Priene and Miletus.
Hotel Sari Konak 23 rooms from $56Istanbul (Sultanahmet)
An elegant base for exploring the sights of Sultanahmet. Fantastic views over the city and sea from the roof top terrace. Rooms festure parquet floors and cream furnishings dotted with Turkish artifacts. The triple suites are ideal for groups or families.Value chic - Great value for this chic and central hotel in the historic Sultanahmet district with roofterrace views of the Blue Mosque.Families - A perfect base for families, the suites can accomodate up to four people and boast wonderful views of the Marmara Sea.Local markets - Test out your haggling skills in the Grand Bazaar, an ideal spot to pick up presents.Sights nearby - This central hotel is walking distance from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia.Recommended by - Frommers
The Muses House 5 rooms from $99Kudasi, Turkish Aegean Coast
Beautifully converted from an old village home to a fantastically stylish boutique hotel. A luxurious cocoon with a pool terrace courtyard and elegant cream rooms. A great base to explore the wooded hills of the Dilek peninsula, the fleshpots of Kusadasi and the beaches of the Aegean coast.Back to Nature - Kirazli at the base of the National Park is surrounded by cherry and almond orchards, vineyards and olive groves.Local exploring - A quaint boutique hotel just a 20 minute drive from Ephesus and the seaside, penty to be seen and done.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the famed archological site of Ephesus.Full of character
Naz Han 12 rooms from $73Selcuk, Turkish Aegean Coast
Quaint small hotel with roof terrace and leafy courtyard in the heart of Selcuk's old quarter. Traditional fabrics and artefacts bring colour to white washed rooms with exposed stone. Home cooked food served in the courtyard. A well priced property to explore the local area.Local exploring - Relaxed and well located, just steps away from St. John's Basilica in Selçuk with a shuttle service to the famed Ephesus.Sights nearby - Explore Ephesus the trade centre of the ancient world.
Villa Gokbel 8 rooms from $76Dalyan
Quirky hideaway with breathtaking views over the Dalyan Delta at bargain prices. Celestial views of the lagoon below, minutes from the superb Iztuzu beach (one of the best in Turkey). Characterful rooms with exposed stone walls and wooden ceilings. A great choice for local exploring.Back to Nature - A tranquil retreat nestled in the naturally beautiful and protected area of Köycegiz-Dalyan with views of Lake Sulungur.Active Holiday - Ideal for the active guest with miles of walking and biking trails, swimming, fishing, windsurfing and rafting.Sights nearby - Visit the historical monuments of Lycian rock tombs and the ruins of the ancient city of Caunos.Local markets - Grab a bargain at one of the nearby Turkish Markets; Koycegiz, Fethiye, Marmaris or Dalyan.
Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay 173 rooms from $167Bodrum (Yaliciftlik)
A luxurious resort hotel with private sandy beach and marina, and choice of seven restaurants and bars. Chic cabana-style suites with private balconies overlooking the sea and fantastic spa - all in glorious isolation. The most gorgeous beach resort hotel near Bodrum.Spa breaks - The Spa has an Asian approach to wellness and offers holistic detox programs as well as sauna, fitness centre and Turkish bath.Romantic Break - A unique stay with elegant suites overlooking the Aegean Sea, a private beach, romantic cruises, and fantastic dining options.Sailing - Take the hotel authentic Bodrum gullet boat out into the bay and discover top diving sites.Fishing - Take a fishing tour along the coast, the perfect opportunity to catch your dinner.Recommended by - Johansens, Kiwi Collection
Yonca Lodge 14 rooms from $83Fethiye (Yaniklar Koyu)
It's all in the location at this small hotel set in stunning gardens with a private beach. Traditionally styled rooms feature open fireplaces and terraces. Mediterranean and Aegean cuisine is served by a stream. An abundance of activities within easy access. Ideal for family holidays.Eco break - Great attention is paid to eco processes and sustainability- all natural building materials and the restaurant is organic.Total relaxation - Unwind in the lovely organic fruit orchards, overlooking the beach with comforting home cooked meals served al fresco.Diving - Head to one of the local dive centres and explore the crystal clear fish filled waters.Fishing - Fishing is available from the hotel, without charge. Try your hand at catching dinner!
Oyster Residences 25 rooms from $142Fethiye (Olu Deniz)
A romantic beach side property set in pretty gardens overlooking the beach. Light airy rooms with mosquito net draped beds and large modern bathrooms. A terraced restaurant specialises in Mediterranean seafood. Lounge by the pool sipping on cocktails. Ideal for a couples escape.Honeymoons - An elegant and grown up hotel featuring a romantic honeymoon suite with seperate entrance and terrace overlooking the beach.Beach Life - Set on the extensive white stretch of sand of Belcekız Beach, bask in the turquoise waters and enjoy sunset walks.Diving - There are diving opportunities in Ölüdeniz and further away near Kaş.Kayaking - Explore the coves in a sea kayak either on a day or a night tour.
The Mountain Lodge 8 rooms from $62Dalaman (Yaka-Tlos)
A charming family-run lodge, in from the seaside resorts, but not too far off the beaten track. Set within jasmine and palm filled gardens with a pool overlooking the Xantos Valley. Simple, traditional, rooms with beamed ceilings and white washed walls. Lovely home cooked food. A relaxing stay.Total relaxation - Unwind in style at this homely lodge- bask in the sunfilled gardens, lounge by the pool or sip wine under the canopy of stars.Country Escape - A charming countryside retreat surrounded by lovely jasmine scented gardens and fringed by mountains and the sea.Birdwatching - Twitchers bring your binoculars- Patara National park is a great area for birdwatching.Great walks - Hike to the local waterfalls through lush vegatation and mountainous paths.
Hotel Begonvil 10 rooms from $94Kas (Kas)
Beautifully simple pension in Kas offering rooms and apartments. Contemporary meets traditional with exposed stone walls, crisp white linen and subtle splashes of colour. A pretty swimming pool and stunning coastal views. A spa for completely unwinding. Great for inexpensive beach life.Families - A cheap and cheerful family holiday, within walking distance of the beach, with self catering rooms, and a pool.Sailing - Take a boat trip to Kekova, the sunken town from the fourth century.Diving - Some of Turkey's best diving spots are situated on nearby beaches.Sights nearby - Visit Myra, the place of origin of St. Nicholas and his church.
Ayasofya Konaklari 64 rooms from $177Istanbul (Sultanahmet)
A collection of historic buildings, reminiscent of the city’s Ottoman past, converted to a stylish hotel next door to Aya Sofya. Picturesque painted wooden houses each with 10 en-suite rooms and apartments in Ottoman style - maroon velvet, gilt and ornate furniture. A lovely garden terrace bar.City Style - Located next to the ancient walls of the Hippodome Splendon it is friendly and safe place to stay in the Old City.Local markets - For a spot of holiday shopping check out the vibrant and colourful Grand Bazaar.Sights nearby - Take a walking tour of the many beautiful Mosques that litter the city.Great walks - Head down to Emirgan Park for a breath of fresh air.Recommended by - Frommers