- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Turkey's Best Aegean Coast Hotels
Turkey’s Aegean Coast stretches down the western edge of the country, encompassing Izmir, Kuşadası, and Bodrum. It’s a beautiful region with stunning beaches, wonderful views over the Greek Islands, and a wealth of historic and cultural treasures to uncover. With so many wonderful things to experience along the Aegean Coast the real challenge is choosing the best hotels. Our Guru’s selection of the best Aegean Coast hotels ranges from budget pensions to five star sybaritic luxury.
The Best Aegean Coast Hotels
Turkey’s third largest city, Izmir, is the thriving capital of the Aegean Coast region. Once dubbed the “pearl of the Aegean” with its dramatic location surrounding a huge bay enclosed by stepp mountains to the south. It’s now a fairly modern city, though the district of Alsancak is gradually being restored, with its characterful old properties being converted into attractive bars and restaurants.
- There are numerous hotels here, however not many our Gurus recommend for our list of the best Aegean Coast Hotels. Otel Antikhan does make the list though. Just a minutes walk from the ancient Hellenistic Agora, this hotel originally opened its doors in 1857, and offers rooms simply furnished but with all the mod. cons. including the all important air conditioning. But the real pull is the lemon scented courtyard which doubles as a restaurant during the peak periods.
Kuşadası is a bustling city 50 miles south of Izmir. Whilst most think of Kuşadası in terms of hedonistic, pleasure-seeking tourists, the city and surrounding area also boasts good sandy beaches and layers of fascinating history.
There are a number of the best Aegean Coast hotels in and around Kuşadası - predominantly boltholes for getting away from the crowds, but we can also recommend a couple actually in town.
- First up we suggest the Villa Konak, located minutes from both the harbour and the bazaar, yet quietly situated behind high walls. The rooms are simple but immaculate and the welcome is warm.
- Another of our Guru’s best Aegean Coast hotel discoveries in Kuşadası is the Anzac Golden Bed Pansiyon. Run by a vivacious Australian, this guesthouse is tucked away in the old quarter, and is quite simply the best value budget option in town with a great roof terrace where everyone congregates for sundowners overlooking the city below.
- Heading out of town our best Aegean Coast hotel recommendations start with 12 room Naz Han in the centre of Selcuk. This is the place to stay, if you want to spend some time exploring Ephesus. Plus you’re a stone’s throw from a mediaeval castle and Byzantine cathedral.
- If you like a stylish boutique hotel, try the charming The Muses House, created from an old village house in Kirazli. It boasts elegant bedrooms, charming courtyard and swimming pool.
Bodrum is a mediaeval harbour town in a particularly sunny spot, so it’s become a popular destination, and a number of our Guru’s best Aegean Coast hotels to be found here. The main thing to bear in mind is that if you want to escape the crowds choose your accommodation carefully. Apart from that our selection of the best Aegean Coast hotels in the Bodrum has something for everyone from the five star Kempinksi to the 4Reasons Hotel and Bistro at the other end of the monetary spectrum.
- If you want to be in Bodrum itself the Su Hotel and Cottages is ideal. Situated in a quiet cul de sac, above the western end of the harbour, it’s difficult to believe you’re in such a busy resort. Rooms are “cubist” in style with white walls and bright painted woodwork. All have kitchenettes and there is a two bedroomed self catering apartment which would be ideal for families.
- If you want your Aegean Coast hotel to offer unbridled luxury then you need the Kempinksi Barbaros Bay. Situated in splendid isolation above its own private sandy beach and marina it boasts stunning views the Aegean, seven restaurants and bars, the world reknowned Six Senses Spa and even a kids club.
- Small, low-rise Antik Zeytin is our best Aegean Coast hotel with eco credentials; the rooms are all natural stone, glass and wood and the views are panoramic if you can drag yourself away from the pretty pool area. To cap it all there’s a choice of restaurants and a fabulous hammam.
- If great value is your priority, the 4Reasons Hotel and Bistro has 20 stylish bedroom, elegantly but simply decorated, a charming pool area with fabulous views, plus terrace bar and excellent restaurant. And all starting from £82 per night.
If your idea of the best Aegean Coast hotel isn’t on this list then expand your search to include:
- all the best places to stay on the Turkish Aegean Coast,
- or the best places to stay on the Turquoise Coast,
- check out our Ultimate Guide to the Best Hotels in Turkey,
- or or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Otel Antikhan 30 rooms from $35Izmir (MezarlikbasiIzmir)
Characterful property in a central location. Pretty central courtyard filled with bougainvillea. Simple, traditional rooms - some with three beds makes this, along with the very reasonable rates, an ideal choice for families.Local exploring - Well placed in the city centre, perfect for exploring the rabbit warren streets of this ancient city.Sights nearby - Visit the Roman ruins of Ephesus, a must for any visitor to this area.Local markets - Haggle for goods at Kemeraltı Market, just steps from the hotel.
Villa Konak 17 rooms from $45Izmir, Turkish Aegean Coast
Friendly, peaceful hideaway, a few minutes from the bustling harbour and bazaar of Kusadasi. Large white washed rooms with traditional Turkish carpets. A lovely pool and shady spots for unwinding. An ideal base for local exploring.Value chic - A tranquil friendly hotel, with very reasonalbe prices, close to one of the largest archaeological sites in the world.Total relaxation - Take it easy with complimentary afternoon tea, strolls through the lush gardens and lounging by the pool.Great walks - Just a five minute walk from the town centre, head in for a wander and explore its hidden treasures.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby historical sites of Ephasus, Priene and Miletus.
Anzac Golden Bed Pansiyon 9 rooms from $26Kusadasi, Turkish Aegean Coast
Friendly, owner-run guesthouse with rooftop bar, hidden away in a maze of alleys above the harbour. Stunning views from the rooftop over the city. Simple, comfortable rooms with traditional furniture are light and airy. Indulgent local breakfasts. Well priced and located for local exploring.Value chic - A well priced small hotel with stunning city views within walking distance of the port and beaches.Sights nearby - Just a 20 minute drive from the ruins of Ephesus.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
Naz Han 12 rooms from $73Selcuk, Turkish Aegean Coast
Quaint small hotel with roof terrace and leafy courtyard in the heart of Selcuk's old quarter. Traditional fabrics and artefacts bring colour to white washed rooms with exposed stone. Home cooked food served in the courtyard. A well priced property to explore the local area.Local exploring - Relaxed and well located, just steps away from St. John's Basilica in Selçuk with a shuttle service to the famed Ephesus.Sights nearby - Explore Ephesus the trade centre of the ancient world.
The Muses House 5 rooms from $99Kudasi, Turkish Aegean Coast
Beautifully converted from an old village home to a fantastically stylish boutique hotel. A luxurious cocoon with a pool terrace courtyard and elegant cream rooms. A great base to explore the wooded hills of the Dilek peninsula, the fleshpots of Kusadasi and the beaches of the Aegean coast.Back to Nature - Kirazli at the base of the National Park is surrounded by cherry and almond orchards, vineyards and olive groves.Local exploring - A quaint boutique hotel just a 20 minute drive from Ephesus and the seaside, penty to be seen and done.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the famed archological site of Ephesus.Full of character
Su Hotel & Cottages 25 rooms from $148Bodrum
Designer style and comfort at an affordable price. A small peaceful oasis in a quiet cul-de-sac. The bright white walls of the 'cubist' complex of rooms, suites with kitchenettes, and two-bedroom apartments surround a lovely swimming pool. A secluded choice for families and groups.Families - This reasonably priced and chic reosrt is ideal for families with lovely gardens and and close proximity to the beach.Sailing - Take a day trip round the Aegean on a wooden Gulet, perfect for a family activity or a romantic trip.Sights nearby - Close to the Antique Theatre and the Crusader Castle.Swimming Pool - Outdoor Pool.
Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay 173 rooms from $167Bodrum (Yaliciftlik)
A luxurious resort hotel with private sandy beach and marina, and choice of seven restaurants and bars. Chic cabana-style suites with private balconies overlooking the sea and fantastic spa - all in glorious isolation. The most gorgeous beach resort hotel near Bodrum.Spa breaks - The Spa has an Asian approach to wellness and offers holistic detox programs as well as sauna, fitness centre and Turkish bath.Romantic Break - A unique stay with elegant suites overlooking the Aegean Sea, a private beach, romantic cruises, and fantastic dining options.Sailing - Take the hotel authentic Bodrum gullet boat out into the bay and discover top diving sites.Fishing - Take a fishing tour along the coast, the perfect opportunity to catch your dinner.Recommended by - Johansens, Kiwi Collection
Antik Zeytin 8 rooms from $158Bodrum (Golturkbuku)
Small, low-rise resort at the foot of the forest with great views of the nearby Aegean. Just eight stone cottages offer intimacy and panoramic views of the ocean, olive groves and the hotel's wooden sailing boat waiting in the harbour. Everything is natural - stone, wood, glass, and the cuisine too.Foodies - Stunning Mediterranean home cooked food with an emphasis placed on the importance of olive oil which is made on the property.Hideaway - Lovely cottages set in beautiful olive groves just a short distance from the sea.Sailing - Day sailing trips around the Aegean organised by the hotel.Sights nearby - Visit the ancient ‘Antique Theater’ and Bodrum Castle.
4Reasons Hotel & Bistro 20 rooms from $136Bodrum (Yalikavak)
Trendy and charming hillside resort, highly professional in its approach but still small, stylish and friendly, with a lovely location. Large, white washed, rooms with contemporary art. Stunning and generously proportioned pool with pool-side bar, and candlelit dinners. A chic option.Hideaway - A trendy boutique hotel on the Bodrum peninsula boasting award winning bar, lovely pool, gardens and fantastic food.Sailing - Take a day cruise on a wooden gulet from Yalikavak harbour, pack a picnic and make a day of it.Great walks - Guests are provided with maps for hiking through the ghost village of Sandima.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet