- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Save time, save money
Best B&Bs in Cornwall
Cornwall’s beautiful coastline, ripe for walking and just admiring, and unique, and friendly, culture are the perfect setting for a B&B break. Sure, there are some amazing hotels in Cornwall, but more often than not a B&B is a bit more intimate, a bit more friendly and a bit more peaceful. And our Guru’s recommendations for the best B&Bs in Cornwall are all of these and more.
The list of the best B&Bs in Cornwall includes an arty escape in St Ives, a boutique bolthole in Bude, an adults-only guesthouse in Mevagissey and a peaceful palatial house in Padstow. Plus more charmers than available weekends!
The Best B&Bs in Cornwall
For getting away from it all
- If you appreciate beautiful, peaceful surroundings then Ennys, the Georgian estate, turned four bedroom B&B is perfect for you. There’s also a grass tennis court and a heated pool in the gardens, which also have a glass yoga studio. And they do an afternoon tea or cakes in the vast farmhouse kitchen.
- Botelet is a charming, off-the-beaten-track farmhouse B&B with a collection of self catering cottages and yurts surrounding the main house. There’s old world charm, but it’s also comfortable and cosy. Plus the breakfasts are quite indulgent, and rooms start from around £100 per night. 45mins from Polzeath Beach.
- Pendragon Country House will also suit those looking for a country escape. Situated amid the stunning North Cornwall landscape and just six miles from the sea. Interiors are traditional with four poster beds, and squashy leather sofas. A perfect base for walkers with loads of paths close by.
With a view
- Trevose Harbour House in arty St. Ives is a stunning, nautical inspired B&B with wonderful views of the Cornish coastline and six individually designed rooms. There’s a snug and honesty bar downstairs and the all-organic breakfasts are legendary.
- Sitting high on the cliffs above Mevagissey, Pebble House has panoramic views over Mevagissey Bay. It also has six spacious rooms and suites in a contemporary style with luxurious finishes. They even have a drying room for your muddy boots to help retain the luxurious feel.
- Woodlands Country House in Padstow has eight brightly coloured, antique-filled bedrooms, plus a delightful terrace and garden. The breakfast is a feast and the views are excellent!
- In Boscastle, on the northern Cornish coast, The Old Rectory is about as historically romantic as you can get - this is where Thomas Hardy met his wife. Obviously it wasn’t a B&B then, but these days the four tranquil, romantic rooms in pale hues, the manicured gardens and beautifully cooked meals, hark back to the days when it was a country house.
- Ednovean Farm is an adults only B&B by Penzance, with just three rooms, decorated in the French country style. It’s just a short stroll from the beach and several award winning restaurants.
- Nearwater in pretty St Mawes is another good bet for couples. There are just three smart, nautically themed rooms and for a truly special day out, get the owner to take you sailing!
For great value
- The Artist Residence in Penzance offers chic, colourful accommodation in the heart of Penzance. Plus there's a cottage and apartments which are perfect for larger groups or families. Doubles start from just £75 per night.
- Treverbyn House is a beautiful property with three B&B rooms just a short stroll from Padstow Harbour. The property has been under the same ownership for 20 years and a lot of care is taken over the decor and the service. And there’s an excellent Full English. Starting from £75 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best B&Bs in Cornwall might suit you?
- Expand your search to include our list of all the best places to stay in Cornwall, or
- contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice
The Best B&Bs in Cornwall
The Old Rectory 4 rooms from $104Boscastle, Cornwall
Where Thomas Hardy met his wife, now a welcoming B&B. Secluded, tranquil and romantic- the traditional rooms feature, large sash windows and delicately patterned curtains. Lovely walks and a charming walled veggie garden. Beautifully cooked cornish food. Ideal for a typically British country stay.Eco break - Dedicated to sustainablity- where possible produce comes from the gardens and farm and power comes from their solar panels.Country Escape - A stunning Cornish country house with chickens roaming the garden and fantastic walks from the property.Great walks - Grab a packed lunch from the hotel and set out to explore the rugged coastal landscape just five minutes away.Surfing - The nearest surf beach is Crackington Haven, a ten minute drive away.Recommended by - Fodors, Good Hotel Guide
Pebble House 6 rooms from $147Mevagissey, Cornwall
Contemporary adults only guesthouse with views to die for on the cliffs above Mevagissey. Spacious rooms and suites with contemporary interiors and luxury fittings as standard. A relaxed, grown up spot for a romantic seaside break with a home from home vibe accompanied by top notch service.Views - Panoramic views over Mevagissey BaySights nearby - Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligon are both close by, plus country houses and much noreGreat walks - The coastal path is on your doorstep and there is a drying room for muddy boots and clothes!Restrictions on children - Adults only propertyRecommended by - Johansens
Ennys 4 rooms from $129St Hilary, Cornwall
Historic Georgian estate providing a gateway to local activities and a fine B&B as a base.Surfing - Surf lessons available via GlobalboardersYoga - Group classes and yoga weekendsGarden - Beautiful landscaped gardenKayaking - kayaking, creek canoeing, wild swimming, stand-up paddleboarding availableRecommended by - Frommers
Woodlands Country House 8 rooms from $120Padstow, Cornwall
Charismatic owners, Hugo and Pippa, ensure that guests have an unforgettable stay. Breakfast is a veritable feast and Hugo's granola is sold throughout Padstow. Antique filled, brightly coloured rooms and bathrooms are Victorian in decor and proportions. There is a delightful terrace and garden.Surfing - Cornwall has the best surf beaches in the country and Waves Surf School provides lessons for all abilities.Sights nearby - The Eden Project is a must visit for the family and horticultural enthusiasts alike.Sailing - There are daily boats to the pretty seaside town of Rock.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Sawdays
Artist Residence 11 rooms from $92Cornwall
Eclectic B&B. Unique rooms have mural works by local artists, flat screen TVs; en-suites have free standing tubs and eco-friendly products. Breakfast room-come-gallery has recycled furniture and plenty of art. Walking distance to buzzy cafes and pubs. Chic, colourful and authentic.Active Holiday - Don your wetsuit and hit the waves, followed by a blustery coastal walk, bike ride and back for a hearty nights sleepFoodies - Nearby cookery schools offer foraging courses, and the town is peppered with lovely organic meat and produce shopsSights nearby - Fairytale island castle of St Michael’s MountSurfing - At Sennen Cove where everything can be hiredRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Treverbyn House 3 rooms from $92Padstow, Cornwall
Under the same ownership for over 20 years, Treverbyn House is a well oiled machine. With just three rooms, each individually decorated with exposed wood floors, antique furnishings, fireplaces and impressive views. A famous Full English is served. The property is a short walk from Padstow Harbour.Surfing - Cornwall has the best surf beaches in the country. Harlyn Surf School caters for beginners and improvers.Local markets - Padstow Harbour, a traditional fishing town, is worth a wander.Sailing - Daily boat trips run from Padstow to Rock.Full of character
Botelet 4 rooms from $122Liskeard, Cornwall
Charming off-the-beaten track farmhouse B+B. Self catering cottages and yurts in a stunning location. Beautifully renovated interiors keep all the old world charm whilst providing top notch comfort. Cosy yurts give a wild camping feel. Indulgent breakfasts are offered. A great escape.Country Escape - A converted family farm in a beautiful corner of the UK- drink in the pure air, explore the farm and walk the wooded valley.Total relaxation - You're sure to sleep well after long walks, therapeutic massages in the treatment room, and toasting evenings by the fire.Surfing - Surf on Polzeath beach 45 mins from the hotel. Equipment and lessons are available on the beachGreat walks - Wander across the fields at Botelet and explore the woodlands in a beautiful circular walk.Recommended by - Sawdays
Ednovean Farm 3 rooms from $116Cornwall
The beach is but a short stroll from this coastal haven. Each of the three rooms are decorated in a French country style. The B&B's small capacity allows for an intimate, romantic atmosphere (and it's adults only). No lunch or dinner but award winning restaurants are close by.Sights nearby - Trewidden, Trengwaiton, Godolphin House are just a short drive awayGreat walks - Along the Prussia coastSailing - Boat trips depart dailyRestrictions on children - Over sixteens onlyRecommended by - Sawdays
Nearwater 3 rooms from $110St Mawes (South Cornwall)
Luxurious bed and breakfast accommodation in St Mawes, a stone's throw from the beach. Three gorgeous bedrooms with a nautical feel and a cosy lounge area with fireplace. Plus an inviting flower filled garden for sitting out. You can even book a day's sailing with the owner!Value chic - Doubles from only £90 per nightSurfing - Surfing at many nearby beachesFishing - Makerel Fishing nearbySailing - Sailing schools nearbyRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Pendragon country house 7 rooms from $116Camelford, Cornwall
A lovely B&B located in the stunning North Cornwall countryside, only 6 miles from the sea. Relax in the cosy sitting room and enjoy a board game or good book in front of a roaring open fire. Bedrooms feature antique furnishings and luxuriously comfortable mattresses for the perfect night's sleep.Birdwatching - This area of Cornwall offers some of the most exciting birding in the UK during migration, particularly in the autumn.Great walks - The perfect base for walking sections of the Coastal Path or moorland area.Views - Beautiful views of the North Cornwall countrysideSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide