- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Hampshire's Most Romantic Hotels
Lush, green and peaceful, Hampshire has plenty of strings to its bow. There are rolling hills, an unspoilt coastline, a slew of pretty villages and hamlets and bustling market towns, and the magical feeling New Forest. All excellent credentials if you’re looking for somewhere quiet and romantic to escape to. And our Guru’s recommendations for Hampshire’s Most Romantic Hotels will definitely inspire.
Our Gurus have ‘worked hard’ to find beautiful country house escapes, wonderfully historic properties, great foodie haunts and even a tree house with a hot tub! And they’re all here in the list of Hampshire’s most romantic hotels - divided into hotel type, so there’s a collection of great value romantic hotels, perfect honeymoon hotels and great mini-break escapes.
Hampshire’s Most Romantic Hotels
Hannah’s B&B in Winchester has just three rooms, all of them charming and individually decorated with great antique mirrors and lighting, refurbished doors and bedheads and reclaimed Victorian radiators.
Hampshire’s Most Romantic Country Escape Hotels
- Lainston House near Winchester is a 16th century country house set within lovely parklands which has been tastefully converted into a 50 room hotel. The restaurant has won several awards and there’s a cosy bar. Outside there are fragrant gardens and inside there are four poster beds and cosy fires when needed.
- The Pig is a fantastic New Forest escape pad, where a traditional, welcoming atmosphere meets every modern convenience - think rain showers and impeccable service. The restaurant serves locally sourced food, some which has only come as far as the garden, and there are treatment rooms if you need some pampering.
Hampshire’s Most Romantic Honeymoon Hotels
- Lime Wood near Lyndhurst in the New Forest, is a superb redesigned Georgian house with 32 rooms - complete with four poster beds and free standing baths, and a super chic restaurant.
- Chewton Glen is a gorgeous country house hotel with a wonderful spa and a collection of tree-house bedrooms with panoramic views - if you’re looking for something unusual. The hotel is surrounded by 130 acres of parklands. Expect five star service and gourmet dining.
Hampshire’s Most Romantic Hotels with Hot Tubs
- The Four Seasons Hampshire is a beautiful country house turned hotel with traditionally decorated rooms, a spoiling spa, sauna and hot tubs, tennis courts and all sorts of country pursuits on offer.
- Rhinefield House Hotel is a magnificent Gothic/ Tudor country house hotel in the depts of the New Forest. The decor is traditional and the wonderful formal gardens, water gardens and manicured lawns create a wonderful, relaxed atmosphere. There are fifty rooms, some of them quite grand, plus a choice of restaurants and a hot tub which accommodated four people.
If the idea of a hot tub appeals why not consult our Guru’s other recommendations for hotels with hot tubs in Hampshire.
Hampshire’s Most Affordable Romantic Hotels
- The Master Builder’s is a wonderful old property right by the Beaulieu River in the New Forest. This was where some of the finest ships in the Royal Navy were built, including a couple of Nelson’s, but these days it’s a very nice nautical inspired boutique hotel, with a very friendly pub, a stylish restaurant and good food all round. The most romantic rooms are in the original part of the property.
- The Woolpack Inn is a traditional pub with seven elegantly designed rooms in a tiny rural hamlet. The decor is rustic chic and the food and drink are good. It’s also dog friendly.
If you haven’t found your idea of Hampshire’s most romantic hotels on our Guru’s list you could:
- Consult our Ultimate Guide to the Most Romantic Hotels in the UK,
- browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Hampshire,
- or our Guru’s collection of Hampshire hotels with Hot Tubs,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Hampshire’s Most Romantic Hotels
Hannah's B&B 3 rooms from $254Winchester (Hampshire)
In an ideal location close to the centre of Winchester and perfect for couples escaping for a city break. Three individually decorated rooms feature charming design quirks such as antique mirrors and lighting, refurbished doors and bedheads and reclaimed Victorian radiators.Great walks - Follow in famous footsteps along the Keats walk. You might just pen a verse or two.Local markets - Winchester Market has a vibrant spread of locally sourced goods.Restrictions on children - Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.Sights nearby - Winchester Cathedral is a must visit.
The Pig 31 rooms from $241Brockenhurst
A country escape a step above the rest. Traditional meets modern world comforts in rooms with oh-so comfy beds and huge rain showers. The restaurant is worthy of a visit alone with produce being very locally sourced (often from the garden). Treatment rooms on offer for some pampering. Glorious.Spa - Not a spa as such but treatment rooms that therapists come to on request from their sister hotel.Great walks - Borrow a pair of Hunter wellies and set out in to the New Forest.Sights nearby - Visit Beaulieu Abbey, Hurst Castle or Buckler's Hard.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - I Escape, Johansens, Mr & Mrs Smith
Lainston House 50 rooms from $169Winchester, Hampshire
Modernised 17th century country house set in lovely parklands. Large rooms with antique furniture, sash windows and some with four poster beds. Excellent award winning cuisine, cosy bar and fragrant gardens. With plenty of countryside activities nearby, it's the perfect romantic luxury escape.Country Escape - A 17th-century country house escape, set in 63 acres of stunning Hampshire parkland with tennis courts and lovely gardens.Great walks - Wander the charming gardens on the estate, and further afield into the lovely Hampshire countryside.Cooking classes - Make the most of the excellent on site chefs with the in house professional cookery school.Fishing - Hire a ghillie for fishing on the Test or Itchen, a perfect days outing.Recommended by - Frommers, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
Four Seasons Hampshire 133 rooms from $449Hook, Hampshire
A modernised country house estate with extensive additional modern wings attached. Classic rooms feature high ceilings, sash windows and some with in-room free standing baths. An abundance of country pursuits and spoiling spa. Ideal for the quintessential British country experience.Spa breaks - Indulge yourself in the converted old stables, now an extensive spa using world-renowned products Sodashi and ESPA.Country Escape - An indulgent country estate equipped with tennis courts, sauna, hot tub, spa, fine dining and luxurious suites.Kids Club - Professionally organised children's programmeSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolRecommended by - Johansens, Kiwi Collection
Chewton Glen 70 rooms from $423New Milton, Hampshire
Classic and superbly run country house hotel with great attention to detail and a wonderful spa close to the New Forest. Newly built, luxury tree-house bedrooms set high in a scenic valley with panoramic views. 5 star amenities, imitable service and gourmet dining.Exclusive offer - Last Minute DealsCountry Escape - A gorgeous country house spa, set in 130 acres of parkland at the edge of the magical New Forest.Great walks - Plenty of walking across the 130 acres of parkland, or head into the New Forest.Fishing - There is fishing available nearby, ask at the hotel for details.Cooking classes - The Kitchen in collaboration with celebrity chef James MartinRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Lime Wood 32 rooms from $254Lyndhurst, Hampshire
Scintillating luxury hotel in a superbly redesigned Georgian house in the heart of the New Forest. Wonderfully comfortable beds in large rooms all with unique features including free standing baths, fireplaces or four posters. A superb restaurant curated by a celebrity chef. Countryside perfection.Exclusive offer - Lastminute offersFoodies - A super chic restaurant, serving Anglo-Italian fare. A product of Lime Wood’s Luke Holder and high-profile chef Angela Hartnett.Families - Extra beds allowed in rooms, kids activities on site and baby sitting facilities makes this an obvious choice for parents.Country Escape - A beautifully renovated country house situated in the heart of one of the UKs finest National Parks.Cooking classes - The excellent Hartnett Holder &Co Backstage cookery school has a wide variety of hands on courses.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Good Hotel Guide, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Sawdays
Rhinefield House Hotel 50 rooms from $176Brockenhurst
Gothic/tudor style country house hotel set in the depths of the New Forest. Beautiful gardens and traditionally done bedrooms. Dining to suit all tastes and leisure facilities including outdoor swimming pool and gym.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolsGreat walks - Situated in the heart of the New Forest National Park
Master Builder's 26 rooms from $124Brockenhurst, Beaulieu
Lovely historic property situated on the Beaulieu River. Maritime themed living rooms downstairs whilst bedrooms have a traditional country feel with the addition of colourful Indian fabrics. An award winning restaurant serves modern British cuisine. A host of activities. Ideal for families.Active Holiday - NFA, situated within the Beaulieu Estate, specialise in outdoor activities suitable both for team building and family fun.Country Escape - A stunning historic and cosy riverside property situated within the 9,000 acre Beaulieu Estate and the New Forest.Local markets - Make a trip to the quaint Lymington Saturday market and sample local foods and drink.Great walks - The very location, within the New Forest, makes this ideal walking terrain.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Woolpack Inn 7 rooms from $130Totford, Hampshire
The Woolpack Inn is a classic, traditional pub with beautifully designed rooms in a tiny rural hamlet. Seven elegant, rustic-chic rooms with exposed stone and brick walls. Great food with daily specials and outdoor wood-fired oven for casual pizzas. A real family friendly country find.Active Holiday - Being dog friendly & boasting miles of lovely countryside make the Woolpack Inn very popular with shooting parties and ramblers.Romantic Break - An ideal country escape for two- with log fires, sweeping views, cosy rooms, deep soaking tubs and wonderful traditional grub.Great walks - There are a wide range of walks for all abilities on the doorstep, bring your pooch!Fishing - The area is great for fly fishing, which can be arranged from the hotel.Recommended by - Sawdays