- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Book Now
Best Hotels Near Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park is one of the world’s most amazing natural landscapes. It’s got half the world’s geysers, boiling lakes of mud, some amazing coloured high altitude lakes, fossil forests, giant bears, bison and bighorn sheep, and it’s all sitting on top of a supervolcano. It’s obvious why people want to see Yellowstone for themselves. But where to stay? And where to find the best hotels near Yellowstone National Park?....That’s less obvious!
There’s plenty of choice: you can camp, with either a tent or an RV; stay in a historic lodge or rustic mountain cabin; spend your nights on a working ranch; stopover at a little B&B or independent hotel; or wrap yourself in total luxury. If you stay inside the park then you’ll save yourself on driving time each day, but then you’ll probably want to drive to different parts of the park? In which case should you stay in one place or go on a sort of Yellowstone tour? So many options.
That’s why our Guru’s have come up with their recommendations for the best hotels near Yellowstone National Park. Hopefully we can help you get the most out of your days amongst this breathtaking landscape.
Where to Find the Best Hotels near Yellowstone National Park
Jackson Hole is close to both Yellowstone and the Grand Teton National Park. It’s also a well known ski resort and adventure sports playground. This is also where you’ll find the best hotels near Yellowstone National Park if you’re looking for something luxurious. This vast valley has Jackson at the bottom, and Teton Village nearer to the top - which is where you’ll get the most spectacular views.
Consult our Guru’s list of the best places to stay in Jackson Hole or chose from one of these:
- The Rustic Inn just outside of Jackson is a collection of 150+ boutique cabin and rooms surrounded by 12 acres of lush gardens. Designed to be hip, but also relaxing, the Rustic Inn is known for its elaborate breakfasts and cosy cabins.
- If you want to be in Jackson, The Wort is a luxurious hotel with 59 large, comfortable rooms and a well known bar and grill. The Tudor revival meets rustic decor is something a bit special.
- The Hotel Terra in Teton Village is right at the foot of the mountains, so perfect for snow-thrill seekers and those who love a spectacular view. You’re in the heart of the great outdoors, but it’s a big enough hotel to offer every comfort.
Big Sky is to the north west of the park, within the Yellowstone County. The moniker is right, but there’s more to it than that, there’s also some big mountains, a very big skiing area - 5,800 acres spread over four mountains, some big whitewater, hiking and big wildlife often on beautiful wildflower meadows.
- The Mountain Sky Guest Ranch is a luxurious ranch - which sounds like a contradiction - set on 10,000 operational acres of unspoiled landscape. Accommodation is in log cabins with rustic chic patchwork quilts and each cabin has a porch with an outstanding view.
The Best Hotels Near Yellowstone National Park for an Outdoor Adventure
- If you’re looking for adventure in Yellowstone then a working ranch might be the best kind of accommodation for you. The Goosewing Ranch near Jackson Hole has 11 comfortable but cosy log cabins with private porches overlooking the ranch and the mountains beyond. Meals are taken in the main lodge and it’s all very friendly.
- A lodge might also do the trick? Henry's Fork Lodge in the neighbouring Targhee National Forest has rustic interiors, but it’s a sophisticated place and the service standards are high. There are just four rooms and you’re in the heart of fly fishing country.
- Or how about Jenny Lake Lodge in the Grand Teton National Park, a neighbour to Yellowstone to the south? This collection of rustic cottages has stunning mountain views and activities galore. And a well stocked bar.
The Best Hotels Near Yellowstone National Park for a Special Occasion
If this is a once in a lifetime trip and you’re looking for something very special then here are a couple of hotels you might want to browse though.
- The Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole in Teton Village has some of this region’s most spectacular mountain views from its 124 five star rooms. Every comfort is laid on, and some unexpected ones - like stargazing from private balconies.
- Amangani is just outside Jackson and overlooks the valley of Jackson Hole. Each of the 40 rooms has an amazing view, a welcoming fireplace and a private balcony. There are two pools, a library, a spa and a bar and restaurant.
Still not sure which is the best hotel near Yellowstone National Park for you? Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Yellowstone National Park, or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Rustic Inn 156 rooms from $160Jackson Hole (Wyoming)
Outdoor enthusiasts will love this boutique set in 12 acres of lush garden. Cabins offer a cosy, comfortable base for summer and winter activities with stunning views. Breakfast is an elaborate affair, and casual dinner is a great way to unwind with a glass of wine. Idyllic, comfortable relaxation.Great walks - Ecplore the Flat Creek Preserve and Wetlands WalkOpulentLively - Hip and happening.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel Terra 132 rooms from $360Jackson Hole (Wyoming)
Thrill-seekers, spa goers and nature lovers rest assured that this luxury hotel at the foot of the majestic Tetons is a fantastic find. Modern rooms showcase stunning views, have access to outdoor pool, business and fitness centres. Dining options from casual to fine, or explore nightlife in town.Great walks - Explore Yellowstone National Park in the winter months and come across frozen waterfalls and lakes, steaming geysers and pools.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Lively - Hip and happening.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole 124 rooms from $569Jackson Hole (Wyoming)
Nature is a playground and when matched with luxury, gourmet food and activities you are truly in for a 5* stay. Large, comfortable rooms offer stunning mountain views, evening stargazing from private balconies is a must! Dining options are plenty, or hit the bar after a day of activities.Fishing - Summer months see people head out with fishing rods, flies and bait.Views - Great views from hotelPrivate Hot TubFull of character
The Wort 59 rooms from $245Jackson Hole (Wyoming)
Tudor revival with rustic interiors, this luxury hotel offers comfort, convenience and adventure. Large, comfortable rooms with bathroom and mod-cons. Silver Dollar Bar and Grill is popular in town and serves local game and produce. Steps away from the historic town and the mountains - perfect spot!Fishing - Fly fishing is brilliant in the region in the summer months.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelOpulent
Amangani 40 rooms from $750Jackson Hole (Wyoming)
This luxury hotel overlooks Jackson Hole. Room with a view, welcoming fireplace, private balcony, slate bathrooms and all finished off with a touch of Asian minimalism. The Grill restaurant offers organic Western dishes, Zinc-Top Bar for drinks. Two pools, library and the best skiing in the Rockies!Rooms with balcony/terraceSpa - Offering deep tissue massage or Himalayan salt scrub.Fishing - Snake River for trout fishing.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Goosewing Ranch 11 rooms from $1Jackson Hole, Wyoming
This working ranch has breathtaking views, outdoor pool and spa treatments. Cosy cabins overlooking ranch and river are comfortable, with private porch. Meals are in the Main Lodge, with dinner being themed-Rib night to French night. The perfect activity-centric getaway for family and friends.Fishing - The Gros Ventre River is home to the native cutthroat trout - fly fishing in a peaceful and stunning spot.Outstanding locationViews - Great views from hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.
Henry's Fork Lodge 4 rooms from $540Idaho
Understated sophistication, high-quality service and rustic interiors come together in Idaho's prime fly fishing destination. Delicious home-cooked meals are prepared daily, and there is a library stocked with fishing books to make you feel at home. All modern amenities are provided in the rooms.Back to Nature - Stunning twilights, days spent on the tranquil river, wood furnishings and a forest on your doorstep.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Views - Great views from hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.
Jenny Lake Lodge 37 rooms from $409Moose, Wyoming
Rustic cottages resting in Grand Teton National Park, stunning mountain views, private porches and activities galore. Five course dinner on site and a well-stocked bar. After a day out in the wilderness, whether on lake, river or mountain there is much to do and see. Exploring for all the family.Fishing - Guided fishing at Jackson Lake or fly fishing on Snake River.Sights nearby - Go the stunning marina for boat life.Back to Nature - In the thick of it.Opulent
Mountain Sky Guest Ranch from $532Montana
A luxury boutique dude ranch set on 10,000 operational acres of unspoiled wilderness in the heart of Yellowstone Country. Log cabins are rustic chic with patchwork quilts, comfy seating areas and porches commanding spectacular views. A real ranch experience, with a glamorous edge!Fishing - The trout-filled, rushing waters of Big Creek flow 4.5 miles through the entire property,Swimming Pool - Outdoor heated pool.Lively - Hip and happening.Remote - Off the beaten track.