- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Ten Reasons Why I Love…. Hotel Santa Caterina, Amalfi, Italy.
- The way the doorman kisses my hand.
- The heady mix of warmth, homeliness and effortless glamour that makes this the perfect Italian hotel.
- The owners – sisters Nelli and Giusi and Giusi’s son Crescenzo – descended from the town doctor who opened the gracious clifftop hotel in 1904.
4. The authentic Amalfitana interiors – dazzling white, with vibrant splashes of Mediterranean colour on tiles and fabrics plus charming family antiques.
5. The cascade of citrus groves, gardens and pergolas smothered in jasmine and bougainvillea that tumble to the sea, and the romantic folly-suites popped amongst them.
6. The glass lift that descends to a classy pool and beach club, the hotel’s secret asset.
7. The famous faces amongst the guests, there because they love the hotel.
8.The bedroom balconies that jut over the sea and make me want to leap straight in.
9. Dancing to a live band in the moonlit garden.
10.The setting; the long-serving staff; the incomparable coast; the limoncello.
Doubles from £320
Hotel Santa Caterina 66 rooms from $504Amalfi
A luxurious retreat in a stunning location. Beautiful rooms in whites and creams with splashes of colour and private balconies. Fabulous restaurants, private beach (reached by a glass lift through the cliff face) and luscious gardens with citrus groves. A tranquil and romantic spot.Beach Life - Guests ride an elevator down to a private beach and enjoy stunning seaviews from the property.Sailing - Book a private motorboat and spend a day exploring the Amalfi Coast by sea.Sights nearby - Visit the ancient towns of The towns of Pompei and Herculaneum.Views - Breathtaking views over the sea.Recommended by - Tablet