4. The authentic Amalfitana interiors – dazzling white, with vibrant splashes of Mediterranean colour on tiles and fabrics plus charming family antiques.
5. The cascade of citrus groves, gardens and pergolas smothered in jasmine and bougainvillea that tumble to the sea, and the romantic folly-suites popped amongst them.
6. The glass lift that descends to a classy pool and beach club, the hotel’s secret asset.
7. The famous faces amongst the guests, there because they love the hotel.
8.The bedroom balconies that jut over the sea and make me want to leap straight in.
9. Dancing to a live band in the moonlit garden.
10.The setting; the long-serving staff; the incomparable coast; the limoncello.
Doubles from £320
A luxurious retreat in a stunning location. Beautiful rooms in whites and creams with splashes of colour and private balconies. Fabulous restaurants, private beach (reached by a glass lift through the cliff face) and luscious gardens with citrus groves. A tranquil and romantic spot.