“This hotel has not yet been inspected and reviewed by the Hotel Guru but has been recommended by other guides that we respect.”
“Why do people love staying in your hotel?
For the genuine welcome, and also for the authentic French charm of the château which is designated an Historic Monument (Monument Historique) and dates back to 1727.
What is there to do in the area or on site?
There is a wide selection of things to do and see in the area surrounding Saumur:
(1) the great châteaux of the Loire are within easy reach: the Château of Saumur, the Château of Montsoreau, the Château of Serrant, the Château of Villandry, the Château of Chenonceau, etc.;
(2) the underground cave dwellings;
(3) the vineyards of the appellations of Anjou, Saumur champigny, Quarts-de-Chaume, Bonnezeaux, Coteaux du Layon, Savennieres, Muscadet, Chinon, Bourgueil, etc. ;
(4) the horses of the famous Cadre Noir Riding School;
(5) hot air ballooning over the Loire Valley;
(6) horse and pony clubs, and boating on the Loire River; and
(7) cycling along the 800km Loire-à-Vélo cycle path which passes right in front of the château gates.
What kind of breakfast do you offer?
Classic French breakfast: coffee, tea, croissants, baguettes, brioche, with the addition of scones, homemade brown bread, yoghurts, fruits in season, and table grapes fresh from the vineyard.
Do you offer other meals? And can you recommend good places to eat out locally?
We can provide dinner for groups of six or more. Reservation is required in advance. Also, excellent restaurants at just 1km, 2km, and 3km from the château.
Which are your most popular room types, and why?
Every bedroom is different, each with its own distinct French charm.
What facilities do you have for children and can you fit extra beds in your rooms?
The heated swimming pool is the really big attraction for the children. An extra bed, or a baby bed, can be provided upon request.
What message would you like to give Hotel Guru readers?
A stay at Château de Beaulieu offers you the opportunity to experience firsthand the glories of French architecture. We, the owners, liked the château so much, we bought the place!”