“Dar Fakir is a luxury riad of real style, and the best thing about Dar Fakir is the price - rates are well below those you would find elsewhere for this kind of experience. The rooms - just four suites and three doubles, ranging from 15-25 square metres - are elegantly furnished in Berber style and decorated in pale colours - creams and beiges. In common with most riads, the rooms face inwards, but in this case with large open doorways and shuttered windows that lend an air of living in a family house. ”
Written by James Dunford Wood
“Why do people love staying in your hotel?
• The compliment we receive over and over again is the wonderful décor and ambience of the riad in combination with its quiet location just minutes from the square. They truly love that you can still hear a little bit of the music from the square when sitting on our terrace yet be inside the calmness of the riad.
What is there to do in the area or on site?
• Bahia Palace, 5 min walk straight down the road from us
• Djema el Fna, 3 minutes walk
• The souks on our door step
• Cooking classes on site
• Yoga on request
• Guided walks can be arranged
• Fabulous Spa just round the corner
• And all main attractions within reasonable distance
o Medrasa 15 mins walk
o Tanneries 15 mins walk
o Jardin Majorelle 10 mins by taxi
• We also offer excursions and nearby activities
o Essaouira/ Merzouga/ Ourika/ Atlas mountains….
o Hot air balloon rides
What kind of breakfast do you offer?
• A mix of continental breakfast (eggs, yoghurt, jams, cake) with Moroccan breads (msemen, beghrir…), croissants, baguette and of course fresh orange juice, tea and coffee
Do you offer other meals? And can you recommend good places to eat out locally?
• We offer in house lunch and dinner, which must be requested at the time of breakfast on the day
• If guests feel hungry later but missed ordering we work with our own restaurants Le Tanjia and Le Salama and can arrange delivery
Which are your most popular room types, and why?
• Our most popular rooms are Suite Iswane (size, decor) and Suite Ahlame (size, bath, decor)
• For people with a wheelchair: Suite Salama (bath) is our room with disabled access
What message would you like to give Hotel Guru readers?
• Come and enjoy. You will enjoy spending your holiday here as much as we will enjoy having you as our guests.”