“Tucked away in the Medina, this delightful sanctuary has a breezy, rustic seaside feel. Three co-joined white-washed riads link to a series of communal salons, patios and terraces via a warren of walkways and higgledy-piggledy narrow stone stairways. Ten rooms, defined and named by different coloured tadelakt bathrooms, have stripped wooden beams, charming driftwood-style four-poster beds, tiled floors and are equipped with atmospheric lanterns and natural textiles. Set up in 2008, with the idea of a place "where simplicity rather than luxury makes you feel at home" and this is very much apparent today in the attentive care of Nadine. In keeping with the simple theme, Pasta Baladin round the corner serves delicious freshly cooked dishes - four different types of pasta with ten choices of sauce. Breakfast is enjoyed on the rooftop terrace.”
Written by Laura Campbell
“Why do people love staying in your hotel?
We offer stylish design in an airy atmosphere, central location, rich breakfast on the lovely roof terrace from 08.30h to noon!
What is there to do in the area?
Wondering through the souks of Essaouira, visit the portuguese ramparts, surf or swim at Essaouira beach
What kind of breakfast do you offer?
Continental breakfast with different bread, croissants, jam, eggs, cream cheese, muesli, fruit salad,
yoghurt, fresh orange juice, coffee and tea
Do you offer other meals? And can you recommend good places to eat out locally?
- our "Pasta Baladin" Restaurant is around the corner
- locally food/ traditional: Miyame, Adwak
- locally food/ modern: Megaloft (with live music)
Which are your most popular room types, and why?
- Our double room "chambre BLANCHE", so called "honeymoon suite" with fire place
and private bath tube
- our double room "chambre TERRASSE" located on the roof top with a nice view
What facilities do you have for children and can you fit extra beds in your rooms ?
- our hot tub is very popular with children
- we can fit a baby cot in some rooms
- we have 2 rooms with an extra bed
- we have a family room, with 1 double bed and 2 single beds on 1st floor/ mezzanine,
perfect for children
What message would you like to give Hotel Guru readers?
We offer typical moroccan style design mixed with contemporary elements,
on our roof-terrace you can benefit from a panoramic view over the old town
and the sea, we give helpful recommendations to have an overall wonderful stay”