“Built as a cliff-top home with spectacular sea views, Trevalsa Court has been refurbished with a modern twist that accentuates its original 1930s charm. Stone mullions, Gothic fireplaces and oak panelling are complemented by colourful bursts of Designers's Guild wallpapers, while in the pretty dining room you'll find fresh seafood on the menu and an impressive Cornish cheeseboard. A great base for visiting the Roseland Peninsula and local sights, with the coastal path literally at the bottom of the garden. A private cove, far below, is a steep climb down from there.”
Written by Fiona Duncan
“Why do people love staying in your hotel?
They say because it is “relaxed, friendly, the service is excellent. It is in a wonderful location with most rooms enjoying sea views. The food is great. It is privately owned and run. A hotel with personality”.
What is there to do in the area or on site?
• Everything or nothing.
• Lovely gardents and beach for relaxing. Cosy sitting room with log fire in winter.
• Explore the ancient fishing village of Mevagissey.
• The SW Coast Path is at the bottom of the garden for walkers.
• Wonderful Cornish gardens to visit, especially the Lost Gardens of Heligan and the Eden Project.
• Fishing, boat trips, golf , walking, watersports are all available locally.
• Good base for touring Cornwall.
What kind of breakfast do you offer?
• Buffet with freshly baked croissant, selection of cereals, fresh fruit salad, yoghurt etc.
• Cooked breakfasts made to order. All the items of an English cooked breakfast, smoked salmon, smoked haddock, kippers etc.
Do you offer other meals? And can you recommend good places to eat out locally?
Our restaurant is open each evening. We are passionate about local, seasonal foods. We can advise on many local restaurants.
Which are your most popular room types and why?
Rooms with sea views are what are most requested and fortunately, all but two of our rooms have sea views. We have rooms to suit all budgets. The family suite is popular with families of all ages, those with young children and also those bringing elderly relatives away.
What message would you like to give Hotel Guru readers?
Enjoy our wonderful hotel and its fabulous location. Our aim is to make your stay as relaxed and pleasurable as possible.”