- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Kakadu National Park
Search the best hotels in Kakadu National Park
About Kakadu National Park
Kakadu is a wonderland of biodiversity and one of the world's great sights. Here you'll find wetlands, home to an incredible array of birdlife and water buffalo; billabongs, home of more birds and crocodiles; low scrub and tall grasses, home to kangaroos, wallabies, goannas and great red termite palaces; lush forests and rocky bushland rising into the haze of the escarpment. But despite a great frontier between man and nature, some of the best places to stay in Kakadu National Park are really quite luxurious. Kakadu has been nurtured for thousands of years by the Aboriginal custodians of this land and it is from their traditions, stories and wealth of rock art that we learn most about this extraordinary place.
What Not To Miss
- Take a refreshing dip in one of the clear, tranquil natural pools fed by dramatic waterfalls ensuring absolute harmony with nature.
- Some of the best tour providers in this region are Aboriginal-owned and operated, and it will really pay of to find an experienced guide who can share with you some of the stories of this land, and also some potentially life-saving survival tips!
- Jabiru is the only town in the park, a strange, but friendly place inhabited by the miners who work at the local uranium mine, the scientists who supervise the running of the mine, park rangers and folk to serve the other folk. It's a great place to stroll around, and imagine the difference between living here and living at home...
- Explore one of the stunning rock formations, and be amply rewarded with wondrous views across the National Park. Some of the caves even contain rock paintings dating back thousands of years.
- Learn about the area's rich cultural heritage at the Warradjan Cultural Centre. With everything from the history of the park to exhibits on hunting techniques and tribal elder stories.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Kakadu National Park range from a crocodile shaped hotel in Jabiru to a luxury bush camp on the edge of the Mary River wetlands.
The Best Places To Stay in Kakadu National Park
In the centre of the park
- In the heart of the Kakadu National Park you'll find Jabiru, the town in the park, and in the heart of town you'll find the Kakadu Crocodile Hotel - a crocodile shaped hotel. Spacious, clean and cool, this hotel will keep you as comfortable as possible while exploring the park.
Off the beaten track
- The Wildman Wilderness Lodge is a collection of fifteen safari tents and ten stand alone cabins in the wildlife haven of the Mary River wetlands just across from Kakadu's borders. Luxury and fine dining await you after your animal encounters, it's all great value - but very remote.
For sheer luxury
- For the ultimate in Top End luxury there's Bamurru Plains, a 'wild bush camp' with just nine stand alone bungalows and all the luxury you can imagine. You're right by the coast and the Mary River wetlands and there's an excellent chance you'll see crocodiles, wild boar, water buffalo and wallabies - and of course an amazing array of birdlife.
- Fly to Darwin International Airport located 250km (155 miles) from Jabiru with a range of Domestic and International connections serving various destinations.
- If you want to rent a car, for prices we recommend visit our online partner Holiday Autos
- Best time to visit - the dry season spanning from May to October is the most popular time to visit with most of the visitor attractions open.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer your own space, visit our online partner Booking.com for a variety of different properties in the area.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Kakadu National Park
Wildman Wilderness Lodge 25 rooms from $91Kakadu National Park
Wilderness luxury at its best with ten stand-alone cabins and fifteen safari tents offering comfort and luxury in the heart of the wildlife haven of the Mary River wetlands. Air conditioning, fresh linen and fine dining await after a day taking in the magnificent surrounding scenery and animal life.CyclingRemote - Off the beaten track.Views - Great views from hotelBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
Kakadu Crocodile Hotel from $96Jabiru, Kakadu National Park
This crocodile-shaped hotel does not disappoint. Spacious, clean and cool rooms are complimented by top amenities including a a swimming pool and nearby tennis courts. A stunning location in Kakadu National Park.Back to Nature - Located in the spectacular Kakadu National ParkOutstanding locationHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Remote - Off the beaten track.Recommended by - Fodors
Bamurru Plains 9 rooms from $387Kakadu National Park
Wild bush luxury comes no better than this, with nine spacious stand alone bungalows privately situated amongst the pandanus vegetation on the edge of the Mary River wetlands. Organic cotton sheets and high pressure showers ensure comfort, and the wildlife spotting opportunities are endless.Restrictions on children - Must be over eight years oldBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Outstanding locationHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Recommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith