- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Kent's Most Romantic Hotels
Kent really does have everything – it’s no wonder the conquerors wanted to settle here. With historic towns like Canterbury, Sandwich and Royal Tunbridge Wells, a wild coastline and green and verdant countryside dotted with oast houses, the Garden of England is a truly magnificent spectacle all year round. And certainly a great choice for a romantic mini-break, if that’s what’s brought you to our Guru’s recommendations for Kent’s Most Romantic Hotels.
Our Gurus have worked hard: testing the sea air and sampling local cuisine in sea-view restaurants, strolling amongst beautifully landscaped gardens, testing the water in spas and hot tubs, comparing views of the Weald and generally working out just how romantic each of Kent’s most romantic hotels are.
Kent’s Most Romantic Hotels
Kent’s Most Romantic Escapes
- If you’re planning a mini-break in Canterbury, then stay at 7 Longport, a lovely one room B&B with two family sized cottages. The interiors are stylish and you’re close to all the local highlights.
Kent’s Most Romantic Country House Hotels
- Thurnham Keep is a grand Edwardian country house B&B with just three rooms. Inside the detail is impeccable and beautiful, and outside there are views of the Weald. You’re just five miles from Leeds Castle, plus there’s a pool, tennis courts and a croquet lawn.
- Chilston Park is a classic country house hotel set amid 22 acres. There are 53 rooms and the decor is traditional, with some very nice antiques. You’re just three miles from Leeds Castle.
- The Salutation in Sandwich, is surrounded by three and a half acres of garden, so while it’s in the centre of town it still has a wonderful country house hotel feel. The mansion itself was designed by Lutyens and the gardens by Jekyll.
Kent’s Most Romantic Seaside Hotels
- Recently refurbished, Albion House in Ramsgate is now a rather magnificent, yet modern, 14 room hotel. elegant and spacious, there’s a magnificent bar with sea views and an exquisite menu. Log fires and afternoon tea available when applicable.
- Just down from Folkestone, the Romney Bay House is a 1920s built mansion built on an unspoiled and quiet stretch of coast with superb views over the English Channel. There are ten traditional rooms, a restaurant and bar, a library, a games room and a first floor lounge with a telescope.
Kent’s Most Romantic Hot Tub Hotels
- Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa is a Georgian manor house turned 38 room country house hotel. Set on 12 beautiful acres, the hotel has plenty of space to provide excellent facilities as well as rural views. There’s a 2 AA Rosette rated fine dining restaurant, a creche and an excellent spa and health club.
- Wallett’s Court Country House is an old Jacobean manor house with spectacular, sweeping views towards and over white cliffs - near Dover. Not only does this property trace its roots back to the days of William the Conqueror, it also boasts the award-winning Garden of England Spa, which has a hot tub as part of the pool complex. There are 17 rooms, starting from around £140 per night.
If any of these properties appeal try out Guru’s complete list of the best hotels with hot tubs in Kent.
Kent’s Best Value Romantic Hotels
- The Victorian B&B isn’t just a reasonably priced B&B in beautiful Royal Tunbridge Wells, it’s also an experience. Run by Harold Brown, a former royal butler with a penchant for Victorian and a devotion to service below stairs, this is a totally unique place to stay. Harold’s wonderful stories come as part of the package.
- For around £80 per night you can also stay in the The Linen Shed in tiny Boughton-under-Blean, near Faversham. A pretty, vintage-laden, three room B&B, with decor that borrows from the popular French farmhouse style and that of New England, the guestbook is full of rave reviews about the breakfasts, so don’t forget the second B…
If you haven’t found your idea of Kent’s most romantic hotels on our Guru’s list you could:
- Consult our Ultimate Guide to the Most Romantic Hotels in the UK,
- browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Kent,
- or our Guru’s collection of the best hotels with hot tubs in Kent,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Kent’s Most Romantic Hotels
Bishopsdale Oast 4 rooms from £75NOT TO SHOW
No Longer Operating. Gorgeous 18th century oast house turned B&B set amid Kent countryside. Five elegant bedrooms, with loads of original features - think beamed ceilings, fireplaces and brickwork. Perfect romantic retreat or escape from the city.Sights nearby - A great base for exploring Kent and East Sussex - country houses, gardens, castles and the south coast.Birdwatching - Spot the wild fowl from the comfort of your own room!Views - Lovely views over the pond or deer filled parkland.Restrictions on children - No children under 14 years
The Salutation 9 rooms from £160Sandwich, Kent
Impressive Lutyens mansion in town centre with rooms/cottages for guests in the wonderful garden. Private and secluded stay, ideal for groups of friends or grown-up families.Garden - 3 and a half acres of Lutyens and Jekyll designed gardensRestrictions on children - No children under 16.Full of characterRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Thurnham Keep 3 rooms from £120Nr Maidstone, Kent
Grand Edwardian country house b&b, with beautiful interiors, gardens and views over the Weald. A great rural escape, especially in summer, with pool, tennis, croquet.Garden - Attractive outside space.Romantic - Good for couples.Great walks - The North Downs Way is just behind the houseSights nearby - 5 miles from Leeds CastleRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Romney Bay House 10 rooms from £70Kent
Ten bedroomed 1920s mansion perched on a totally unspoilt stretch of coastline, with superb views of the English Channel. This seafront hotel offers traditionally decorated rooms, a restaurant, bar, library with games and a first floor lounge with telescope. Perfect for a quiet getaway.Golf - Littlestone Golf Club, an 18 hole Championship Links Course next door.Sights nearby - Leeds & Bodiam castles are within easy reachBirdwatching - Dungeness Bird ObservatoryGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Chilston Park 53 rooms from £109Maidstone, Kent
Classic country house hotel set amid twenty two acres of Kent countryside. Traditionally furnished with many period antique pieces. Ideal location for a country weekend getaway. Popular venue for weddings and business events.Sights nearby - Leeds Castle is only 3 miles awayGreat walks - Good for walkers.Traditional
Wallett's Court Country House 17 rooms from £140Dover, Kent
Old Jacobean manor house in country setting. Views over sweeping landscape towards white cliffs. Rustic bedrooms, spa, restaurant.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.SpaRecommended by - Frommers, Johansens, Sawdays
Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa 38 rooms from £95Fawkham, Kent
Georgian manor house turned country house hotel set amid twelve acres with excellent facilities including spa, health club, creche and much more. 2 AA Rosette standard fine dining. Easy access to the channel tunnel and Kent sights.Sights nearby - Very close to Brandshatch plus plenty of stately homes and gardensSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolTraditionalSpa
Albion House 14 rooms from £180Ramsgate, Kent
Following a very recent renovation, original features of this magnificent building have now been combined with modern luxuries. Bedrooms are elegantly decorated and spacious. A magnificent bar with sea views and an exquisite restaurant menu. Log fires and afternoon teas. Seaside elegance.Learning - UK’s Most Inspiring Museum, the Powell-Cotton museum in Quex House, BirchingtonCycling - The Isle of Thanet is perfect cycling and walking territoryOther Activities - The Summer Squall - a summer arts festival.Sights nearby - The Turner Contemporary GalleryRecommended by - I Escape
The Victorian B&B 3 rooms from £80Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Former royal butler and Aussie Harold Brown’s devotion to Victoriana and service below stairs make this captivating Victoriana themed B&B in the centre of Royal Tunbridge Wells. An experience, with great stories from Harold included.TraditionalQuirky - An experience!
7 Longport 1 rooms from £100Canterbury
A lovely one roomed B&B plus 2 cottages sleeping up to 5, just a stone's throw from Canterbury's cathedral. With stylish interiors, your own sitting room and wet room, it's the perfect romantic bolthole and haven for local exploring.Local exploring - Ideally located in the centre of Canterbury for exploring the town and wider area.Sights nearby - Walking distance to all of Canterbury's highlightsQuirky - An experience!Traditional