- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Ten reasons Why I Love…. Hotel Endsleigh, Devon.
1. The descent into Endsleigh’s secret valley down a mile-long drive.
2. The Grade-I listed house built in 1812 for the Duke of Bedford as a fishing lodge.
3. The original oak floors and doors, family crests, fireplaces in bedrooms and bathrooms, pull down maps in the hall.
4. Owner Olga Polizzi’s stylish interiors, respecting the setting while bringing contemporary panache….
5. …like the divinely comfy chaise longue covered in Mulberry’s lime green and hot pink velvet Game Birds in a sun trap bay window.
6. Afternoon tea on the terrace, watching the Tamar snake along the valley and the tumbling woods beyond.
7. The beautiful gardens and arboretum designed by Humphrey Repton.
8. The facsimile of Repton’s Red Book, showing his plans for Endsleigh. Alan Titchmarsh took it to bed.
9. The thatched dairy – ask for the key.
10. The utter peace.
Hotel Endsleigh. Doubles from £190.