Roquebrune Cap Martin
Search the best hotels in Roquebrune Cap Martin
About Roquebrune Cap Martin
Nestling on the Cote d'Azur, only 2km from Monaco, lies Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, the quintessential destination for a family seaside holiday in Provence. Part holiday resort, part medieval village, the new development sprawls with ornate art-deco villas along the pebbled beach beneath the old village, perched on a rocky outcrop above it; the old village is lined with colourful narrow streets and arched passageways, and is crowned with a 10th century medieval keep - believed to be one of the oldest in France - that was built to keep the Saracens out. The new and old town are connected by a steep stairway that runs up the slopes towards the village from the train station. The best places to stay in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin stand in both the Old Village and the modern resort. Boasting ancient churches with gorgeously frescoed ceilings, a 1000-year-old olive tree - arguably the oldest in the world - and a beautiful coastal path affording enchanting views of the peacock-blue Mediterranean Sea.
What not to miss
- Visit the 1000 year old olive tree at the edge of the village, believed to be the oldest in the world.
- Explore the 10th century keep that crowns the village.
- Find solace in the beautiful 12th century church of Saint Marguerite.
- Sunbathe on the pebbled beach in the resort.
- Take the 2km trip to Monaco.
- Walk along the breath-arresting coastal path and drink in the glorious scenery.
Picturesque, old and charming, this is a great place to take the family because there's so much to do, from sunbathing and sandcastles to ancient keeps and chapels. Find out more by browsing our list of the best places to stay in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin.
The best places to stay in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
Old world glamour
- Hotel les Deux Freres: a renovated, 19th century, old school house with stunning views over the coast, sea and Monaco. Old-world classic glamour all the way. Boasting a sumptous gastronomic restaurant with a terrace for soaking up the sunshine.
- Le Roquebrune: small, classy and romantic, this is the perfect nest for couples. With seafront views and beautiful creamy rooms, with private breakfast terraces and an excellent seafood restaurant. A short walk from the beach and the main attractions.
- Hotel Victoria: a contemporary seaside hotel in a beautiful location right on the bay of Cap Martin. The comfortable and spacious rooms follow a blue seaside-chic theme. Enjoy a cocktail on your private balcony and soak up the spectacular views out over the bay.
- Monte-Carlo Beach Hotel: set in a 1930s listed building with romantic arches, murals and a terracotta facade, boasting a lush garden, swimming pool and idyllic private beach. The rooms are stylish and chic and Matisse-inspired decor, and there is a Michelin-star restaurant. Divine!
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 15 and 29 degrees.
- Fly to Monaco Airport, and get a taxi to the village.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Roquebrune Cap Martin
Hotel les Deux Freres 9 rooms from €109Roquebrune Cap Martin (Cote d'Azur)
Les Deux Freres is a 19th century renovation of an old school house with stunning views over the coastline and Monaco below. Old-world classic glamour all the way. Gastronomic restaurant with terrace for soaking up the vista. Great location, very romantic, unrivalled views.Views - Stunning views over the Cote d'Azur and MonacoOutstanding locationGreat walks - Good for walkers.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Le Roquebrune 6 rooms from €120Roquebrune Cap Martin
A romantic little hotel on the coast with ocean views and beautiful bedrooms. Creamy rooms have private breakfast terraces and all the mod cons. Excellent seafood restaurant serves dinner, a short walk from the beach and the main attractions. Very romantic and good value too.Romantic Break - Romantic terraces, creamy rooms, and ocean views.Foodies - Fantastic seafood restaurant.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Grimaldi Forum, Japanese Garden, Casino Monte Carlo and Monaco Harbour.
Hotel Victoria 32 rooms from €128Roquebrune Cap Martin
A modern seaside hotel with a stunning location right on the bay of Cap Martin. The comfortable and spacious rooms follow a blue on blue beach-chic theme. In the evening, enjoy a cocktail on your private balcony and soak up the spectacular views out over the bay.Beach Life - Located just a five minute walk from the beach, with spectacular seaviews and a strong sea and sky theme.Local exploring - Perfectly placed to explore the lovely bay of Cap Martin area by foot or by sea.Local markets - Just ten miles from the fantastic Nice Cours Saleya and Flower Market.Sights nearby - Visit the stunning medieval village of Èze.
Monte-Carlo Beach Hotel 40 rooms from €360Roquebrune Cap Martin (98000 Monaco)
A stunning hotel in a 1930s listed building with romantic arches, murals and a terracotta facade. The garden and large pool are idyllic as is the private beach. Rooms are chic and stylish with a fresh feel and Matisse and Cocteau-inspired decor. The Michelin starred cuisine seals the deal!Foodies - The restaurants serve organic, Michelin-starred cuisine, so this is a popular option for foodiesBeach Life - The property has its own private beach and other lovely beaches span along the coastLocal markets - There are several weekly country markets to explore at the surrounding towns and villagesSights nearby - Soak up the sights in Monte Carlo, just a 5 minute drive awayRecommended by - Great Small Hotels , Relais & Chateaux