Search the best hotels in Paso Robles
About Paso Robles
Once travellers flocked here for its natural springs, however, now they come to sample its wines and enjoy the Mediterranean climate. So, unsurprisingly, many of the best places to stay in Paso Robles are outside the city itself and lie within the vineyards.
Paso Robles is a laid-back city located in central California almost equidistant from both San Franciso and Los Angeles, while also being just 30 minutes from the Pacific Coast. With a climate and soil that suits a wide range of grapes, winegrowers are producing more than 60 varieties including Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Grenache, Syrah, Viognier, and Zinfandel. There are 250 wineries in total and many of them have sampling rooms for visitors. However, this is not the region's only produce; you'll find some excellent olive oil, beers and spirits being made here too.
Beyond winetasting, the city provides ample entertainment. Sculpterra Winery has some impressive sculptures and beautiful gardens to explore, while the Studios on the Park comprise open-air working studios where artists create and sell their works. Around City Park, visitors will find some excellent restaurants, antique shops and bars. While the River Oaks Hot Spring spa has private tubs filled with warm, bubbling spring water.
A number of wineries offer some sought-after music evenings and Vina Robles Amphitheatre has been host to numerous big-name artists. For something a little more learned there are a number of museums from the fascinating Paso Robles Pioneer Museum, which documents the region's history, to the Paso Robles Children's Museum which has a number of superbly curated educational exhibitions.
What not to miss:
- Discover some of the 250 wineries in the region and be sure to sample the produce along the way!
- Visit an olive oil farm and pick up some of the region's produce while learning how it is made.
- Wander through the Sculpterra Winery and admire the sculptures and gardens.
- Pick up some local art at the Studios on the Park.
- Soak away any aches and pains in the natural spring baths at River Oaks Hot Spring spa.
- Catch a big-name performance at Vina Robles Amphitheatre.
- Visit the Paso Robles Pioneer Museum and learn about the region's history.
- Take the children to the fantastic and educational Paso Robles Children's Museum.
This is an unsurprisingly popular destination, especially over the weekends, so in order to ensure a room at one of the best places to stay in Paso Robles, we recommend planning your trip well in advance.
The best places to stay in Paso Robles
For a Boutique stay
- Summerwood Inn is a modern boutique overlooking historical vineyards and beautifully manicured gardens, and renowned for its charm and hospitality. Large chic rooms are elegant and classic in style with fireplaces and balconies.
- Hotel Cheval is a luxury boutique hotel with large, light rooms which feature fireplaces, balconies and spa tubs. Situated right in the centre of Paso Robles, it's a great base for exploring both the town and surrounding vineyards.
- The Canyon Villa is a luxury hotel nestled among the vineyards. Guestrooms feature antique furniture, plush linens and a cosy fireplace; book a luxury room for a spa bath. Unwind with a glass of regional wine and a cheese board at wine hour; a charming country stay.
- Calipaso Winery and Inn is a luxury villa hotel located amid the vines. The elegant suites feature exposed beams, fireplaces and a private patio or balcony; book the Winemaker's Suite for a four-poster bed and spacious living room. Take a wine tasting in the vineyard; a chic bolt-hole.
For an apartment or villa
- If you're travelling with a larger group of family or friends, or simply want something a little more flexible and independent, then perhaps the answer is a villa or apartment. We recommend the selection with our online partner, Booking.com.
- The best time to visit Paso Robles are the months of June-September when the weather is warmest (25-35 degrees celsius).
- Fly into San Luis Obispo County Regional (SBP) served by regional airlines through Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and Phoenix. For international flights (or cheaper options) look at flights into San Franciso or Los Angeles both of which are approximately 3 hours from Paso Robles. For those wishing to travel by train the Amtrak's Coast Starlight runs services to the city.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include San Francisco or Los Angeles.
- Browse through all our recommendations across California.
- Discover the 10 best wine hotels in Napa Valley.
- Alternatively, call or email one of our gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Paso Robles
Best Hotels in Paso Robles
Eden House at Carriage Vineyards Paso Robles 3 rooms from €166Wine tasting - The Paso Robles wine area has over 350 wineries, most of them owner-run, with more than 40 grape varieties to sampleWeddings - The farm has a wedding event centre which can host up to 300 guests, making it a great option for a rural weddingBack to Nature - Enjoy the acres of countryside around you. The farm has orchards, creeks and woodland, cattle and wild turkeySights nearby - Kids will love The Ravine Waterpark. Hearst Castle is a 50 minute drive
A modern B&B on a 100-acre working farm and vineyard in the heart of Paso Robles wine country. 3 contemporary and spacious suites are located within a farmhouse; breakfast is included, dinner can be ordered or cook in the extensive kitchen and dining room. Enjoy uninterrupted rural views for miles. See More
Inn Paradiso Paso Robles 6 rooms from €211Hideaway - A chilled and understated luxe hideaway spot to admire the views, drink wine, swim, read and enjoy the beautiful gardensLocal exploring - A great base from which to explore wineries, hot springs, farms and scenic coutrysideLocal markets - The area is bursting with organic farms. Visit farm shops and farmer's markets to pick up delicious ingredients for dinnerSights nearby - Make sure to visit one of the three hot springs locations to bathe in thermal waters
Idyllic modernist hilltop property just out of town. Six eclectic suites are spread over three buildings; each is furnished with striking mid-century furniture, unique art and fireplaces. Divine pool and garden brimming with herbs, vegetables and ancient groves. Ideal for both groups and couples. See More
Allegretto Vineyard Resort Paso Robles 171 rooms from €224Wine tasting - Take a tour of the resort's vineyard followed by a tasting. Should you wish to venture out, Paso Robles has over 200 vineyardsWeddings - Sun-drenched courtyards, stunning landscapes and Italianate design creates the feel of a romantic Tuscan weddingRomantic Break - Enjoy stunning sunsets from the Rajasthani swing, relax by the fire-pit or take a spoiling couples' massageSights nearby - It's a 45 minute scenic drive to the area's famous Hearst Castle historic landmark, built in the early 20th century
Stunning vineyard-facing resort located on the fringe of Paso Robles. Vaulted ceilings, classical statues, courtyard fountains & Mediterranean architecture create a sultry summer feel. There's a spa, hot tub and pool with cabanas when you're not tasting the property's wine. A grown-up getaway. See More
Summerwood Inn Paso Robles (California) 9 rooms from €270Great walks - Roaming the countryside couldn't be more romantic than in this region.Views - Great views from hotelFull of characterBoutique
The Canyon Villa Paso Robles (CA) 4 rooms from €270Total relaxation - With acres of vineyards around you and four plush guest suites to choose from, this hotel promises total relaxationRomantic Break - Couples love the relaxed atmosphere at this adults-only hotel; book a luxury suite for a private hot tub bathCountry Escape - Set in the verdant landscape of the Californian wine country, this hotel makes a great break from the cityCooking classes - Book a cooking class through the hotel for a unique culinary immersion experience with Tuscan-inspired chef Carter
This luxury hotel is nestled among the vineyards of the Paso Robles wine country in California. Guestrooms feature antique furniture, plush linens and a cosy fireplace; book a luxury room for a spa bath. Unwind with a glass of regional wine and a cheese board at wine hour; a charming country stay. See More
CaliPaso Winery and Villa Paso Robles 7 rooms from €315Wine tasting - Paso Robles is home to 200 wineries. Spend days touring through spectacular Mediterranean-style landscapes tasting as you goWeddings - Will especially suit intimate weddings; drink champagne amongst oak trees, dine al fresco and dance in romantic courtyardsCountry Escape - Relax surrounded by acres of sloping hills & stunning landscapes. Book the villa out with friends for a really fun escapeSights nearby - Head to Hearst Castle for a day trip and a break from wine drinking
Nestled amongst rolling hills and vineyards of wine country, this inn and winery offers quiet, tasteful and relaxing accommodation. Suites boast balconies with scenic views, beamed ceilings and spacious relaxation areas, while the estate has a hot tub and large gardens. Italian-style rustic glamour. See More
Hotel Cheval Paso Robles (California) 16 rooms from €387Local exploring - A luxury base for local exploring.Views - Great views from hotelCooking classes - Check for timings.Romantic - Good for couples.
A luxury boutique in the historic town of Paso Robles. Large, light rooms come with fireplaces, balconies, spa tubs and breakfast. Start an evening with the Pony Club Bar followed by one of the many artisan restaurants close by. A great base for exploring the town & surrounding vineyards. See More