Villas and Holiday Rentals in Avignon
Avignon is a classic Provencal holiday destination; it gets the vote of history buffs, foodies, wine-lovers and those who want an outdoors adventure. There is much to do here from the essential visit to the Palais des Papes, to gourmet tours, a spin down the Rhone or hiking or biking in the glorious surrounding countryside. The accommodation options are varied too, with everything from simple guesthouses for B&B to luxury five star establishments. We also think that self-catering is a great option especially for the more independent-minded traveller who really wants to get under the skin of the city. We've put together a list of what we think are the best holiday rental providers in the area; they cater to all tastes and budgets with everything from city centre studios to villas and manors outside town with sprawling grounds and stunning pools!
A quick guide:
- For an apartment in the centre of town — Booking.com
- For a luxury stay — VillaNovo
- For families — Pure France or Oliver's Travels
- For a hand-picked collection — Plum Guide
VillaNovo is a French based agent providing upscale luxury rental villas and houses in worldwide locations from Marrakech and Ibiza to Bali and Mauritius.
- VillaNovo have an experienced team with detailed knowledge not only of their properties but also their destinations
- Properties range from riads and villas to apartments and chalets
- VillaNovo can help to arrange bespoke experiences to ensure you have the holiday of a lifetime
- The company caters to couples looking for romantic hideaways as well as families or larger groups trying to organise a special get together
Booking.com is one of the behemoths of the travel industry. It has worldwide coverage and lists more than 28 million properties all over the globe.
- Booking.com has a growing number of self catering properties for all tastes and budgets.
- From the most basic studios, to seriously high-end properties with swanky pools and much more!
- Yes you will have to trawl through a long list of possibles, but you certainly won't lack for choice.
Oliver's Travels has long experience in the business; its portfolio now extends beyond the UK and Europe to Morocco, the Caribbean, Mexico and the Far East.
- Prides itself on giving its clients all the information they need to book their holiday accommodation (including all the negative points)
- Focuses on supplying quality properties
- Their trademark is not just luxury, but also quirky, one-off style properties from beach-huts to chateaux
- Lots of family-friendly choices
- Their prices average at around £700 per room per week
Plum Guide hand picks every property that it features with a meticulous vetting procedure to guarantee the high quality that their client base expects.
- A portfolio of chic properties around the world from the UK to European hot spots (Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Croatia), the USA and beyond.
- Prices start from as little as £300 for a week.
- Properties in both urban and rural locations