- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Buzios
Búzios sits just to the east of Rio de Janeiro. Its beauty lies in the waters that lap its 26 white sand beaches. The peninsula used to be a wonderfully sleepy fishing village in the 1960s. Of course, like all hippy hideouts, it's now a slick beachside hang out dotted with gourmet restaurants, upmarket boutiques, and trendy bars. The best places to stay in Búzios vary between tropical hideaways, sleek boutiques and charming little guesthouses.
The peninsula is actually split between three separate old towns which offer lots of different actitivities!
- Check out the yacht club, it's rather like being in St. Tropez!
- Stroll and shop the narrow cobblestone streets for beautiful beach clothes.
- In Rua das Pedras you'll dance until the sun comes up in one of the happening night clubs.
- One of the 26 pristine white sand beaches will offer you snorkelling, diving, sailing, or beach bronzing.
- Rocka Beach Lounge will serve you a fantastic sea-food lunch..
Búzios is rather like the Mediterranean of Brazil, it certainly hasn't lost its langourous Portugese influence! Discovered by Brigitte Bardot, there's something really special about it. The best hotels here are of course pretty upmarket, but you'll find a couple of good cheap guesthouses if you're on more of a budget. And, Buzios is only three hours from Rio, so day trips are also a possibility.
For a guesthouse
- Abracadabra - perfect sea views over the bay, rustic chic rooms, lovely pool and sun bathing area. Ideal for a young couple on a budget, really excellent value and also a fantastic fish restaurant.
For boutique chic
- Pousada Casas Brancas - a more luxurious beach boutique, romantic rooms with private balconies, all white walls, paintings on the walls. Large swimming pool and deck chair area, some two bedroom apartments, and an excellent sea food restaurant. A great choice for families.
- Insolito - built into the side of the peninsula, a chic boutique tucked away with lots of privacy, sleek rooms and suites, minimal but still characterful, excellent fusion restaurant, and an infinity pool with sea views.
- Cachoeira Inn - a favourite of Brigitte Bardot, a slightly quirky hotel set in a tropical forest, a wooden structure on stilts fuses Asian and Brazilian architecture, art from around the world, nine waterfalls, two private beaches. Very romantic!
Still not found the right property?
Best Hotels in Buzios
Abracadabra 16 rooms from $136Buzios (Centro, Armação dos Búzios)
A cheap and chic guesthouse on the Buzios peninsula. Perfect sea views over the bay, rustic chic rooms, lovely garden, terraces and pool. An ideal spot for an active beach holiday in a lovely town.Value chicSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Vila D'Este 20 rooms from $159Buzios (Bardot)
Vila D'Este is a stone's throw away from the beach in beautiful Búzios. It features Mediterranean-style rooms with plenty of wooden features, has lush tropical gardens and the pool offers a great view of the bay. Be sure to enjoy the large breakfast buffet offered each morning. Utterly charming!Back to Nature - The hotel enjoys a stunning location in Búzios with tropical wildlife and beautiful views of the seaPrivate Hot Tub - The master ocean front suite and premium ocean front suite have a private terrace with jacuzzi.Sailing - There are plenty of local sailing schools that can help you discover the beauty of the coastViews - The views over the bay are simply stunningRecommended by - Tablet
Chez Pitu Praia 35 rooms from $173Buzios
Stunning seaside hotel on Geriba beach. The rooms are modern and comfortable, affording great views out to sea. The surrounding area is packed with great beaches and is home to some of Brazil's finest surf spots. Perfect for a relaxing break on the beach.Surfing - The surrounding coastline and beaches are hot spots for surfing.Local markets - Browse the local markets of Geriba.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.On the beach - In front of the hotel.
La Pedrera 28 rooms from $163Buzios (Joao Fernandes)
Exuding elegance and simplicity, La Pedrera is a superb seaside hotel. Fitted with delightful rooms, a deluxe spa and excellent local cuisine, it has everything guests need for a relaxing stay. Head down to the nearby beach or explore the fashionable town of Buzios. A seaside gem.Diving - Go to a local dive school in Buzios and take a diving trip.Sights nearby - One mile from the Gran Cine Bardot.Lively - Hip and happening.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Pousada Casas Brancas 32 rooms from $224Buzios (Loteamento Triângulo de Búzios)
A stunning boutique to the East of Rio, just outside Buzios with 26 beaches to choose from. Romantic rooms, suites, and 2-bedroom apartments have white washed walls, attractive paintings, and private balconies, some with private pools. Fabulous seafood restaurant, large pool, and sprawling terraces.Families - 2 bedroom apartments.LuxuryHoneymoonsFoodiesRecommended by - I Escape
Insolito 11 rooms from $296Buzios (Armação dos Búzios)
A super chic boutique hotel on east coast of Rio, close to hip Buzios and surrounded by 26 beaches. Luxurious all white rooms and suites with attractive furnishings, some have private hot tubs. An excellent fusion restaurant, infinity pool, and fabulous views from its cliff top position.Romantic BreakHoneymoonsBeach LifeLuxuryRecommended by - I Escape
Cachoeira Inn 4 rooms from $414Buzios (Armação dos Búzios)
Delightful small hotel in the buzzing resort of Buzios. An intimate adult only guesthouse with cascading waterfalls giving a tropical feel. Colourful suites, some with four poster beds, and all with great sea views from the private balconies. Steps from the beach. A charming lovers hideaway.Romantic Break - An adult only retreat on a private stretch of oceanfront, with outdoor pools, waterfalls and massage treatments.Diving - Dive straight from the hotel rocks. Equipment can be hored at one of the many centres in Búzios.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.