- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Siem Reap
About Siem Reap
Visitors come to Siem Reap to see the incredible temples of Angkor, but many are surprised by how much there is to do here beside visit wats. Siem Reap is now one of Cambodia’s main travel hubs, but it’s not all busy backpacker hostels. If you’re looking for resort style luxury then our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Siem Reap won’t disappoint.
The same can be said if you’re looking for a spoiling spa or a traditional charmer. And if you’ve brought your whole family here to enjoy something amazing together then you’ll find that there are plenty of options on our Guru’s list of the best places to stay in Siem Reap with families.
Angkor Wat is Siem Reap’s most famous treasure, and as well as seeing it for yourself you can learn about it at the Angkor National Museum, which is on the road to Angkor. The Baton Information Centre is also fascinating, giving an overview of the Khmer empire and the restoration projects taking place to protect this region’s treasures.
As well as these out of town marvels, there are a number of temples within Siem Reap, like Wat Dam Nak, once a royal palace and now a centre for Khmer studies, the Wat Athvea, a beautiful pagoda on the site of an ancient temple, Wat Preah Prohm Roth, in the heart of town and Wat Preah Inkosei, an early brick temple.
Don’t plan to come in to Siem Reap, see the temples and the markets and then leave. It’s far better to give yourself a bit of time between temples, and it would be a shame to miss out on Siem Reap’s highlights.
Siem Reap has developed an excellent reputation with foodies, and there’s a wonderful fusion of cuisine happening here. There are some fantastic eateries, but many of the hotels on our Guru’s list of the best places to stay in Siem Reap have notable restaurants - some of them award-winning - and you’ll find a great mix of Khmer and international cuisine.
Siem Reap has a number of excellent galleries and boutiques, definitely several cuts above your standard tourist fare. There’s also an arts centre, Artisans Angkor, which is a great place to see traditional Cambodian arts and crafts being produced.
Siem Reap is also known for its silk farms.
Siem Reap also has a number of lovely gardens, some botanical, and one, the garden of local sculptor Dy Proeung, has a miniature replica of Angkor’s temples, including Angkor Was, Banteay Srei and the Bayon.
There’s also a War Museum and Cambodia’s most famous circus.
Just remember that this is an extremely busy city, so if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Siem Reap, get organised and book well ahead.
In the Heart of Siem Reap
- The FCC Angkor has been carefully converted from a grand former mansion of a French colonial governor, and is now a chic 31 room hotel with bright and airy rooms with private balconies and a pool and spa.
- If you fancy a resort style property but want to be in town, then the Shinti Mani Resort is perfect for you. A modern, urban oasis with 62 rooms decorated in a tranquil grey palette overlooking lush lawns and an inviting pool.
- Rambutan Resort is a 16 room resort in the heart of town, built around a pool. Rooms have private balconies and egg shaped baths, and some have mezzanine floors.
For Something Special
- Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor has hosted many famous faces in its French Art Deco interiors. There are 119 rooms, complete with private balconies and roll top baths, plus a lovely pool and 15 acres of landscaped gardens.
- Once a colonial townhouse, the graceful Heritage Suites Hotel is now a chic, romantic, 26 room propertyl. There’s still a sense of glamour though, with a charming pool, spa and bar - where they have live jazz every Thursday night.
- The wonderfully traditional Hanumanalya Villa has a wonderful riverside spot within walking distance of the Angkor Wat Conservation Area. The decor of dark woods reflects both traditional Cambodian architecture and this area’s French heritage. There’s a pool and wellness centre and Khmer and European food is served in the bar.
For Peace and quiet
- The Sojourn Boutique Villas are a collection of 11 cottages with a resort feel and a strong sense of environmental and social responsibility. There’s an outdoor pool and a restaurant serving modern Asian cuisine.
- The Mysteres d’Angkor is a tropical hideaway just outside town and about ten minutes drive from Angkor Wat. There are 24 rooms, with large four poster beds and private balconies.There are complimentary bikes, plus a pool, bar and lounge and dining area.
- The Navutu Dreams Resort and Spa is a modern resort cum spa with a collection of rooms and private villas, two pools and a yoga pavilion. The decor is tranquil and a bit Mediterranean and the restaurant offers both Khmer and Italian food.
- If you’re looking for a quiet spot but you want to be in the heart of town by the old markets, then the Hotel Be Angkor is a good choice. It has just three rooms, but they’re very stylish, with original artworks and a fabulous tapas style Khmer restaurant and bar.
Best Value Places to Stay in Siem Reap
- La Niche d’Angkor is a simple yet modern hotel in the heart of town with 36 rooms, a large pool and a restaurant serving both Cambodian and Western dishes. Rooms start from around £35 per night and can include complimentary babysitting. Close to the markets.
- The Siddharta Boutique Hotel offers a little bit of luxury at an affordable price. It attracts a young, fun crowd to its 28 vibrantly decorated rooms with private balconies overlooking a tropical pool and gardens. There’s also a spa and a Khmer restaurant.
- If you’re looking for something smaller, try Viroth’s Villa, which is really more of a small boutique hotel than a villa. It has seven rooms - all with rainfall showers and private balconies. Plus there’s a saltwater pool, a spa and a public lounge. Rooms start from around £50 per night.
- For a similar price you might also consider the Hanumanalaya Boutique Residence, a traditional but boutique option decorated in dark wood with bright pops of colour. There’s also a tropical pool with an atmospheric bar and a restaurant offering a good blend of Khmer and Western food.
- The Angkor Village Hotel is a collection of chic, spacious wooden bungalows. They all have their own private balconies, plus there’s a traditional Cambodian spa and an Asian restaurant.
- The Victoria Angkor Resort and Spa is a large, beautifully landscaped hotel which combines the best of Cambodian and French colonial heritage and design. The decor is luxurious, the gardens and pool are beautifully tropical and there’s a great Cambodian French fusion menu. There’s also a crocodile pool!
- AMANSARA is a design lovers' dream with minimalist 60s decor and lots of style. Some of the 24 rooms have private pools, otherwise there are two more to choose from, plus an indulgent spa. There’s a modern Khmer restaurant which also serves European cuisine.
- Sala Lodges offer the perfect blend of modern and traditional luxury, within 11 traditional Khmer lodges surrounded by sugar palms and banana plants. There are two choices when it comes to onsite dining.
- The Belmond la Residence d’Angkor is an immersive spa hotel with private villas and beautiful, tropical grounds. The aim here is to use traditional Cambodian elements in a modern way throughout the rooms, spa and restaurant.
Best Hotels in Siem Reap
La Niche d'Angkor 36 rooms from $48Siem Reap (Salakomroeuk Commune)
Simple and modern yet chic and traditional La Niche provides a variety of rooms (doubles, twin and triple rooms) in the heart of town. Great for families it is well priced and offers complimentary babysitting services. There is a large pool and a restaurant serving Cambodian and Western dishes.Families - With family rooms, plenty of activities as well as free babysitting services this is a great hotel for all the family.Value chic - With rooms available from £31 this is a great value deal.Local markets - Walking distance from Siem Reap's bustling 'Old Market'.Sights nearby - The temples of Angkor Wat are a must visit.
Siddharta Boutique Hotel 28 rooms from $60Siem Reap
This trendy hotel attracts a young, fun crowd and provides a little bit of luxury at an affordable price. Rooms are decorated in deep reds and vibrant golds and feature private balconies overlooking the tropical pool and gardens. There is a spa worth visiting plus yummy Khmer restaurant.Sights nearby - The Angkor Wat temples are the star attraction in Siem Reap.Local markets - The Old Market is a vibrant and exhilarating visit.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Viroth's Villa 7 rooms from $64Siem Reap
More of a boutique hotel than a villa this property is small but perfectly formed. Rooms with private balconies are decorated in pop colours and include modern bathrooms with rainfall showers. There is a pleasant saltwater pool, lounge areas and spa. Dining is simple but delicious Khmer dishes.Local markets - Siem Reap's night markets, in particular the 'Old Market' are a fun visit.Sailing - A sunset boat trip along the Tonle Sap Lake is perfection.Sights nearby - The temples of Angkor Wat are just 6km away.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence 15 rooms from $65Siem Reap (Sangkat Slorkram)
A charming fifteen bed boutique offering. Featuring traditional decors with a fun, quirky edge. Rooms are decorated in dark woods accented by bright pop colours. There is a tropical pool with an atmospheric bar and plenty of loungers. The menu at Reahoo is perfect: a blend of Khmer and Western.Sights nearby - A visit to Siem Reap is not complete without visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat.Four poster beds - For romantics.Romantic - Good for couples.Full of character
Rambutan Resort, Siem Reap 16 rooms from $68Siem Reap
Fun, flirty accommodation at an incredible price. There is an enticing bar serving signature cocktails and a Khmer restaurant. Rooms enjoy private balconies and lively pop colours, some with mezzanine floors; some with huge, outdoor egg shaped baths. Great for young couples.Local exploring - Enjoying an enviable position within the heart of town. Many attractions are within walking distance.Value chic - Chic and luxurious without the scary price tag.Local markets - Siem Reap's popular Night Market is moments away.Sights nearby - The Temples of Angkor Wat: a must visit.
Mysteres d'Angkor 24 rooms from $55Siem Reap
A totally chilled out, tropical hideaway to enjoy your time in Siem Reap. Luscious grounds hide a sun dappled pool, bar, rattan lounge and dining areas. Rooms feature large four posters and private balconies plus bikes are provided to get around. All this from £35 a night. It's an utter steal!Hideaway - Located outside of town it is just a ten minute drive from the temples of Angkor Wat.Local markets - Siem Reap's 'Old Market' is a favourite amongst visitors.Sights nearby - Just a ten minute drive from the temples of Angkor Wat.Romantic - Good for couples.
FCC Angkor 31 rooms from $81Siem Reap
A grand former residence of a French colonial governor given a chic and modern makeover. Traditional rattan furniture are paired with retro sofas and contemporary art. Light and bright rooms feature floor to ceiling windows and private balconies. Breakfast is a treat as is the spa and pool.Sights nearby - The Angkor Wat temple complex: the area's main attraction.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSpaRecommended by - I Escape
Hotel BE Angkor 3 rooms from $91Siem Reap
Small but perfectly formed. It may be just three bedrooms but it boasts oodles of style. Original artworks courtesy of John McDermott line the walls. Fabulous tapas style Khmer cuisine is served at the popular AHA restaurant and cocktails at Linga Bar. There is also a spa and private balconies.Sights nearby - The temples of Angkor Wat are what tourists come to Siem Reap for.Local markets - The bustling 'Old Market' is just moments away.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape
Navutu Dreams Resort and Wellness Retreat 28 rooms from $91Siem Reap
Siem Reap’s only resort hotel and wellness retreat, Navutu Dreams is the perfect escape for frazzled holidayers seeking detoxification alongside their day trips. Schedule ample time by the swimming pool or sign up for daily yoga classes at the on-site shala.Sights nearby - The temples of Angkor Wat are an absolute must.Local markets - Good for local colour.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Angkor Village Hotel 38 rooms from $100Siem Reap
This owner managed owner designed property is both a chic and tranquil stay. Spacious accommodation comprised of individual wooden bungalows is great for both couples and families. There is a spa offering traditional Cambodian treatments as well as a restaurant serving a variety of Asian dishes.Total relaxation - Relaxing rooms with private balconies and tropical grounds with tranquil water features,Sights nearby - The temples of Angkor Wat: a UNESCO World Heritage Site and absolute must visit.Full of characterSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Heritage Suites Hotel 26 rooms from $112Siem Reap
A colonial townhouse turned chic romantic getaway. A throwback to the French glamour there are swinging jazz nights every Thursday and guests can enjoy a ride around town in one of their vintage cars. Decor is modern and some rooms include private patios. Plus a charming pool and spa. Très bon.Sights nearby - The Angkor Wat temples: a must visit.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
Maison Polanka 5 rooms from $133Siem Reap (North of Wat Polanka)
Maison Polanka enjoys an intimate wooded location just outside the centre of Siem Reap. Boasting traditional Khmer timber houses with spacious light-filled rooms. Make the most of the stunning traditional cuisine or take part in a meditation class. A truly reinvigorating stay!Total relaxation - Bask in the quiet atmosphere and treat yourself to a masssage to truly unwindGroups - With plenty of privacy and space, it's ideal for families or groupsSights nearby - Be sure to visit Preah Ang Chek Preah Ang Chom and the Royal ResidenceRomantic - Good for couples.
Sojourn Boutique Villas 11 rooms from $120Siem Reap (Treak Village)
A boutique property providing individual cottage accommodation and a resort feel at an excellent price. With a strong sense of environmental & social responsibility most of the staff come from the surrounding Treak village, profits go to grassroots charitable schemes. Dine on modern Asian cuisine.Sights nearby - The Angkor Wat temples are the place to visit in Siem Reap.Cooking classes - Cooking classes are available at the hotel.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Shinta Mani Resort 62 rooms from $159Siem Reap
Another fabulous and great value offering from the Shinta Mani group. Another stylish creation from design legend Bill Bensley. For an urban oasis this modern yet tranquil resort has it all. Rooms are decorated in grey palettes with orange accents overlooking luscious lawns and an inviting pool.Sights nearby - You have not visited Siem Reap without seeing the Angkor Wat temples.Local markets - The 'Old Market' is a vibrant visit.Full of characterDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
HanumanAlaya Villa 9 rooms from $122Siem Reap (Near Angkor Conservation area)
Enjoying a riverfront location this Cambodian villa provides a unique stay. Decorated in the dark woods used in Cambodian homes and panelled windows reflecting Siem Reap's French heritage. There is a pleasant pool and wellness centre. Khmer and European food are served along with drinks at the bar.Local markets - The Old Market is popular amongst tourists and locals alike.Great walks - Within walking distance of the Angkor Conservation Area.Sights nearby - Just 6kms from the temples of Angkor Wat.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
The Samar 8 rooms from $214Siem Reap (Ses Khum Kochok Srok)
The Samar, just outside the centre of Siem Reap, offers elegant and traditional accommodation featuring wooden floors and antique furnishings. You can also rent out entire private villas-perfect for groups. Superb meals served up at the restaurant! A romantic and relaxing stay.Total relaxation - Feel a million miles away from all your worries as you unwind in their extensive spa facilitiesRomantic Break - Stunning accommodation and splendid food make The Samar an ideal choice for a romantic getawayGreat walks - Ramblers will enjoy the walking tours through Siem Reap and the ruins of Angkor CitySights nearby - The historic temples of Angkor Wat are an absolute must see!
Victoria Angkor Resort and Spa 130 rooms from $196Siem Reap
Combining the best of Cambodian and French colonial heritage this hotel offers extensive spa treatments, gourmet food and luxurious rooms. Plus verdant landscaped gardens, a tropical pool and even a crocodile pool - not for swimming! Dining is excellent including fusion Cambodian and French menus.Sights nearby - The Angkor Wat temples are what people come to Siem Reap to see. Do not leave without witnessing them!Cooking classes - Learn the art of Khmer Cooking.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
Shinta Mani Club 39 rooms from $268Siem Reap
A blend of modern meets traditional Cambodian interiors by design legend Bill Bensley. A bonafide stylish stay. Boasting a library and gallery plus swanky bar and fine dining it attracts an artsy crowd. Vibrant local photography stands out against rooms with muted palettes and private balconies.Sights nearby - One cannot visit Siem Reap without seeing the temples of Angkor Wat.Local markets - The bustling 'Old Market' is a lively visit.Views - Great views from hotelFull of characterRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Anantara Angkor Resort and Spa 39 rooms from $274Krong Siem Reap
Anantara is known for its equal parts romantic and relaxing getaways: and this property is no exception. Sumptuous rooms feature private terraces with the sound of running water all around. Ambient lighting and parquet flooring creates a classic feel. There is a large pool, spa and elegant dining.Sights nearby - You have not truly visited Cambodia if you have not witnessed the temples of Angkor Wat.Local markets - The lively 'Old Market' is a fascinating visit.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
Belmond La Residence d'Angkor 62 rooms from $235Siem Reap
A truly immersive spa experience this large hotel has achieved a sense of intimacy thanks to private villas, canopied grounds and plenty of hidden seating nooks. Using traditional Cambodian elements in a modern way throughout the rooms, spa and dining menu, it offers the best of both worlds.Sights nearby - Angkor Wat's temples - you'll need a few days to explore them fully!Local markets - Explore the bustling Psar Chaa or Old Market.Romantic - Good for couples.Four poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Sala Lodges 11 rooms from $315Siem Reap
Sala Lodges stands out with its stylish approach to Cambodia’s architectural heritage. The saltwater pool, outstanding on-site restaurant and lovingly maintained traditional Khmer homes are seductive reasons to stay put – even with the world-renowned Angkor Wat a short drive away.Local markets - The 'Made in Cambodia market' is great for picking up curios and practicing your haggling skills.Sights nearby - You must not leave without visiting the Angkor Wat temples.Full of characterRomantic - Good for couples.
Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor 119 rooms from $270Siem Reap (Khum Svay Dang Kum)
A historic hotel that has seen many a famous face and dignitary pass through its doors. Rooms are decorated in a French art-deco style with polished wood, roll-top baths and private balconies overlooking the pool. With 15 acres of landscaped gardens and tennis courts there is plenty to enjoy.Sights nearby - A visit the the temples of Angkor Wat is a must. These ancient monuments will astound.Cooking classes - Learn the local art and flavours with a Khmer Cooking Class.Local markets - Test your haggling skills at Psar Chaa, the Old Market.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Phum Baitang 49 rooms from $358Siem Reap (Sangkat Svaydangkum)
If it’s good enough for Angelina, it’s good enough for us – Phum Baitang’s A-list approach to luxury integrates drool-worthy design within a spectacular ‘green village’ concept.Sights nearby - Don't leave without seeing the Angkor Wat temples - an ancient wonder.Local markets - The famous Old Market is just 5km away.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - I Escape
Amansara 24 rooms from $881Siem Reap
A design lover's dream. Minimalist sixties chic with muted tones but oodles of style. All rooms are palatial with private courtyards, some with private pools. If not you've two more to choose from plus an indulgent spa. Dine on modern Khymer dishes and European cuisine. Aman pilgrims will love.Sights nearby - The hotel organises private tours of the Angkor Wat temples by remorque (moped powered trishaw).Local markets - The famous 'Old Market' is well worth a visit.Great walks - Through the jungle to the Beng Mealea temple.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection