- ✓ Best selection
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in British Columbia
Best Hotels in British Columbia
- (4 hotels) Whistler hotels
Crystal Lodge Hotel 158 rooms from $84Whistler (British Columbia)
A 'has it all' hotel in the ultimate adventure playground. Whether it's a traditional room or a loft suite required you'll find the rooms spacious and tastefully designed. Fill your days in the outdoors be it skiing or bungee jumping before unwinding over a glass or two in the hotel's wine bar.Skiing - When the snow falls the hills come alive with skiing, ice skating, tubing, dog sledging and snow shoeing.Views - Great views from hotelHouse party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Full of character
Adara Hotel 41 rooms from $117Whistler
A stylish hotel located in the beautiful mountain town of Whistler. The sleek modern rooms feature floating fireplaces, comfy beds, and original art pieces. Ski storage, rental and repair make this the ideal ski hotel, while proximity to Whistlers top restaurants and clubs takes care of après ski!Fishing - The rivers of the region are rich with fish, just ask at the front desk about organising a trip!Swimming Pool - Outdoor seasonal pool.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
Black Rock Oceanfront Resort 133 rooms from $113British Columbia
Beautiful spa resort on a rocky headland of the West Coast of Vancouver Island. The spacious and light suites come with kitchens, fireplaces and chic stone and wood features. The pool deck faces out onto the magnificent ocean for an invigorating dip. A hip outpost on this raw coastline!Great walks - Explore the Wild Pacific Trail that winds along the breathtaking rugged coast.Fishing - Surrounded by beaches there is a multitidude of fishing opportunities nearby.Surfing - Find great surfing beaches under a mile away.Swimming Pool - Outdoor seasonal.
Long Beach Lodge Resort 61 rooms from $192Tofino, British Columbia
A charming lodge perched on the beautiful Cox Bay Beach. Rooms feature comfy beds and fireplaces, upgrade to a cottage for direct private beach access. Wall to wall windows give the restaurant an impression of opening right out into the bay. Warm and welcoming beach getaway.Great walks - Pacific Rim National Park Reserve Tofino Unit is only 3.5 km away.Sailing - The hotel will organise private boat charters from the bay.Surfing - Hotel hosts onsite surfing lessons.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
Pacific Sands Beach Resort 77 rooms from $420Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Luxury apartments with undisturbed sea views. Fully equipped kitchens, comfortable beds, seating areas and outdoor decks add to the hideaway agenda. Bring out the beach BBQ, relax in the hot tub or explore the water sports available. The perfect romantic getaway or family home for the week.Romantic Break - A romantic and stunning spot, enjoy watching the sunset from your private veranda and unwinding in your luxurious apartment.Families - Apartments are the perfect excuse to get all the family together close to the ocean and make fantastic memories.Surfing - Lessons are avaliable - be sure to show interest to reception upon arrival so that they can arrange accordingly.Sights nearby - Explore the tidal pools with a net and maybe you will be bringing in dinner.Recommended by - Fodors
Soule Creek Lodge 8 rooms from $97Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Pristine wilderness invites you while the views, hideaway location and Pacific Ocean will make you want to stay. Rustic yurts, highend wood cabins and rooms capture the great outdoors with views to die for, or simply wake up to. Breakfast is served in the lodge, as is a three course dinner.Romantic Break - Romance is in the air at this peaceful and quiet retreat- admire the views from the hot tub while you sip on a glass of wine.Hideaway - Whether it be a yurt, the cabins or a room make the most of the fresh water lakes, sandy beaches and wildlife all around.Birdwatching - Inland birds such as Chickadees, Wren, Pipers and Jay are regular sights, or Gulls, Terns and Killdeer by the shore.Kayaking - Kayaking on the rivers and in the ocean is an exhilarating activity for all the family.
Wickaninnish Inn 75 rooms from $168Tofino, British Columbia
Panoramic sea views, throw in sublime food and an all natural spa and this becomes a romantic hideaway location. Comfort and luxury adorn all the rooms and suites, with balconies and modern bathrooms. Pointe Restaurant serves West Coast dishes or head to On The Rocks for a sundowner.Surfing - Surfing, and the new craze of SUP (Stand Up Paddleboading) is a popular past time.Kayaking - Take a leisurely kayak trip, ideal for all the family.Birdwatching - Try and sight the regal bald eagles.Great walks - Explore Chesterman Beach at sunset.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Echo Valley Ranch & Spa 21 rooms from $267British Columbia
A breathtaking 160 acre luxury ranch sitting under the Marble Range mountains. Decor is elegant with a rustic touch, warm wood floors and exposed beams matched with plush linens, local artworks and gourmet dining. The upscale spa provides Thai and European treatment. A sophisticated wilderness.Fishing - Fly-fishing for rainbow trout is available in the well-stocked ponds, equipment is provided free of charge.Lively - Hip and happening.Remote - Off the beaten track.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Clayoquot Wilderness Resort 20 rooms from $1156British Columbia
A remote glamping resort in the arrestingly beautiful Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Reserve. The Victorian style safari tents ooze opulence with Oriental rugs, antique fourposters and roaring wood stoves. The chefs prepare locally sourced mouthwatering food to a five star standard. Utter heaven!Fishing - There is a array of fly fishing, deep sea fishing and lake fishing available, be sure to inquire about seasonal changes.Back to Nature - Only accessible through seaplane or boat this is one of the most unspoiled areas in North America.Kayaking - Favourite ocean kayak excursions include whale, porpoise and bear watching in nearby Warren Bay.Sights nearby - Gentle 2km boardwalk trek to the seven natural geo-thermal pools of Hot Springs Cove.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Trickle Creek 80 rooms from $75British Columbia
A large chalet-style ski lodge right at the foot of the Kimberley Alpine Resort. Charming homely suites come with full kitchenette and living area, some feature balconies with fantastic views of the slopes. This is the perfect active getaway with ski school, pool, and miles of mountain to explore.Fishing - The dozens of mountain lakes and rivers that surround Kimberley provide phenomenal, rainbow, and bull trout fishingKayaking - There are several local services providing kayaking and rafting on the rivers, ask at front desk for details.Great walks - Beautiful walks available in the surrounding mountains, in winter take a pair of snow shoes.Swimming Pool - Outdoor seasonal pool.
Earl Grey B&B 5 rooms from $120British Columbia
A boutique B&B nestled on a wooded acre, of the Panorama Mountain Village ski resort. The rustic chic log cabin rooms feature such homely touches, Oriental rugs and decorative pictures. The on site restaurant is second to none with a fantastic wine list. Perfect location for hitting the slopes.Great walks - The lodge sits in the woods right at the base of the slopes, in summer there are a whole host of beautiful walks to enjoy.Swimming Pool - Outdoor seasonal pool.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Full of character
Sonora Resort 88 rooms from $563British Columbia
Chic and comfortable, an all inclusive wilderness retreat in a breathtaking location. Abundant wildlife and adventure sports outdoors. Multiple pools, a lavish spa and tennis courts indoors. A gourmet restaurant offering world class tasting menus. Spectacular scenery and an ultra luxury property.Honeymoons - Honeymoon heaven at this serene and remote location, with luxorious rooms boasting stunning views over this enchating ladscape.Active Holiday - Everything from tennis to basketball, biking, fishing, kayaking, rafting and golfing can be organised for guests.Fishing - Head out salmon fishing with experienced guides.Private Hot Tub
About British Columbia
All our British Columbia collections:
- Best places to stay in Vancouver
- Best places to stay in Victoria
- Best places to stay in Fernie
- Best places to stay in Whistler
- Best places to stay in Bella Coola
- Best places to stay in Lac la Hache
- Best places to stay in Field
- Best places to stay in Salt Spring Island
British Columbia genuinely has it all. In Vancouver City you can be enjoying a lunch of the finest Chinese food, followed by an afternoon of powder skiing at Whistler in the nearby Blackcomb Mountains. The mountain forests provide superb trekking in the Summer, and the rivers and lakes are an irresistible draw for fly fishers seeking the famous Bull Trout in the crystal clear snow melt waters. The locals are warm, friendly and immensely proud of their beautiful and unique State. Our pick of the best places to stay in British Columbia range for chic city pads to remote wilderness lodges - there is something for everyone, whatever your reason to visit!
The earliest European exploration of the area was by Captain George Vancouver in June 1792, but settlement by Europeans via sea and the Canadian Transcontinental Railway was more than a hundred years later - well after the Hudson’s Bay Company had declared and named the State, British Columbia in 1854. Settlers then followed from India and China, establishing the city of Vancouver and the capital city of Victoria as the richly diverse and truly multicultural centres of Canada’s Pacific coastline.
Beyond its proud history, British Columbia attracts visitors seeking anything from chic city breaks to those looking for peace and splendour of the wilderness and backcountry which cater for all the possible outdoor pursuits and wildlife experiences you can imagine.
If you are making your trip in the Autumn months, the best places to stay in British Columbia will truly treat you to the fabulous colours of the Canadian Fall. The winter months herald the superb powder skiing of the famous mountain resorts of BC, then spring and summer months transform British Columbia into the stunning green landscapes for trout fishers, trekkers and kayakers.
For Wilderness Seekers
- The Clayoquot Wilderness Resort is renowned for their thermal pools and, so remote, is reachable only by sea plane!
- An unforgettable hideaway in true wilderness, the Ten-ee-ah Lodge is deep in Cariboo country with wonderful kayaking and trekking alongside.
For Trout Fishers
Two Lodges in particular are truly wonderful for their spectacular trout fishing.
- The Lizard Creek Lodge provides fly fishing to die for on the crystal clear waters of the Elk river, while
- At the Nita Lake Lodge in Whistler there is both lake and river fly fishing for the famous Bull Trout.
For Kayak Adventurers
- When you prefer to see the spectacular British Columbian landscape from the perspective of the water, then kayaking is perhaps the perfect pastime. It is very popular with the Canadians and at the Wickaminnish Inn at Tofino, Kayaking is their speciality.
- The Emerald Lake Lodge tailors your kayaking experience to your exact requirements and will provide a great day out on the Lake for all ages.
For Wildlife and Forest Adventures
The wildlife in British Columbia is amazing and certain Lodges are particularly set up to arrange for guided tours, or for private treks along well mapped trails. At the Tweedsmuir Park Lodge they are professionals at providing unforgettable wildlife experiences, and this may include sightings of bears!
For Skiing and Winter Sports
You'll find superb hotels and ski lodges in British Columbia, each with their own special charm and attraction. Our pick of the best places to stay in British Columbia for wintersports are scattered throughout a number of different resorts in the Rocky Mountains.
- The Crystal Lodge in Whistler is perfect for the ultimate ski adventurer. It won't break the bank either!
- The Best Western Mountain Lodge in Fernie is well situated for every level of skiing. You'll be welcomed by an open fire and all the creature comforts to compensate for a hard day on the slopes!
- Earl Grey B&B in the Panorama Mountain Village is a beautiful Lodge, close to the resort and has a feel of exclusivity that is bound to make you feel special!
- Or what about the Island Lake Lodge? It's perfect not only for winter Skiing but summer trips too, when the lake comes into its own for boating and fishing expeditions.
For City Chic, Asian Dining and Luxury in Vancouver
- The Listel Hotel just about has it all, and is less than a minute from the Barclay Heritage Square.
- Close to Chinatown, the largest Chinatown in the world, you'll find the Sylvia Hotel which overlooks the Pacific Ocean, and which surely transports guests into an intoxicating and unforgettable experience of where West meets East.
- Book the Shangri La Vancouver for serious luxury and further flavours of the Pacific Orient.
- Undiluted luxury in its purest form is provided at the Wedgewood Hotel and Spa and the situation is perfect for downtown Vancouver.
- If you hanker for a dip in heated outdoor salted water, then L'Hermitage Hotel is perhaps the perfect City hotel for you.
- To go for something with more of a view, the Rosewood Hotel Georgia has rooftop plunge pools, and when all lit up at night they provide the perfect romantic backdrop.
For Vancouver Island
- For a visit to Victoria on Vancouver Island we recommend the Magnolia Hotel and Spa. Victoria is the capital of British Columbia and full of charm and history. The hotel arranges guided tours of the City with local historians.