- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Courmayeur
If your ski resort dream includes an Alpine backdrop appropriate for a muesli box, and a pedestrianised old stone village centre, then Courmayeur is for you. Everywhere you look it's charming. From the soft glow of old street lamps to the blazing fires within the chalets, enticing you in for some of the valley's liveliest après-ski. Accommodation wise the best places to stay in Courmayeur range from the budget Bouton d'Or to the luxurious Coeur des Neiges chalet complex.
As well as the 140kms of downhill runs Courmayeur has some great cross country skiing options. Some of which become walking or mountain biking trails in the summer months.
Until 1965 when a tunnel between Chamonix and Courmayer was opened, this was an Alpine spa town. Which is probably why Courmayeur looks so different to some of the more purpose built ski resorts.
If you like to mix a bit of sightseeing and culture into your skiing holiday, visit the Museo Alpino Duca deli Abruzzi and find out about the region's dramatic history.
The majority of Courmayeur's runs are beginner or intermediate level, but this is also a great base for experienced skiers who want to ski the rest of the Chamonix Valley and the exhiliarating Vallée Blanche.
- If you're looking for a traditional ski chalet, one with great fur rugs, exposed beams and giant roaring fires, one of the best places to stay in Courmayeur is Au Coeur des Neiges. As well as rooms in a rather large chalet, there are also smaller chalets - so it's like a chalet community. This is perfect for families as some of the chalets are like homes from home. The spa and restaurant both have excellent reputations and you're only two minutes from the cable car.
- If you're on a budget book the Bouton d'Or. Simple and cute, this hotel has views worth a lot more than the £67 per night the rates start from.
- Villa Novecento is a good choice if you're looking for somewhere with atmosphere. This charming villa looks glamorous from the outside, and has a rustic elegance on the inside. Think oil paintings, Baroque decorations, and heavy fabrics - but in chintzy patterns.
Courmayeur in Summer
With around 280kms of mapped walking or biking trails, Courmayeur is an excellent summer sports destination. There's also a golf course with spectacular views, birdwatching and kayaking.
- One of the best places to stay in Courmayeur in any season, the Auberge de la Maison is a chic, sloping roofed chalet in a hamlet just outside town with stunning 360 degree views. Its quiet location makes it a great destination for birdwatching.
- The Hotel Cresta et Duc is a more contemporary option. The decor in the rooms is white and pine, so there's a feeling of clean simplicity. Just off the Via Roma, this is also an excellent choice if you want to be right in the heart of town.
Best Hotels in Courmayeur
Locanda la Brenva 10 roomsCourmayeur (Frazione Entreves)
A charming alpine property boasting lovely mountain views. Characterful rooms are traditional in style with pine furniture, exposed beams and parquet flooring. Superb contemporary regional cuisine is served in the cosy restaurant. Easy access to activities in the surround mountains. Alpine bliss.Active Holiday - Easy access to numerous alpine activities.Sights nearby - Visit the the bell tower, the church of Notre Dame de la Guerison and the Tower Maquillin within Courmayeur.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
Bouton d'Or 35 rooms from $84Courmayeur
A very cute hotel with basic rooms but fantastic views over the valley below. A range of accommodation caters to families, couples and friends. Sauna and steam room too. Really excellent value, both in summer and winter.Skiing - Free shuttle to the Dolonne pisteViews - Beautiful valley views.Active HolidayGroups
Hotel Cresta et Duc 42 rooms from $104Courmayeur
A contemporary hotel with an excellent Italian restaurant and spa. More family friendly, and less sophisticated, than its sister hotel Novocento. Rooms and family suites are light and airy with pine floors and cream walls. Great value.Skiing - Just 200m from the main cable carActive HolidayValue chicFamilies
Villa Novecento 26 rooms from $115Courmayeur
A sophisticated Patrician villa with classical refined interiors, an excellent spa, and restaurant. Classy rooms and suites have elegant furniture, oil paintings, Baroque decoration and private balconies. Smart, traditional and grown up.Skiing - Free shuttle bus to and from the cable carActive HolidayViews - Great views over Mont BlancRomantic - Good for couples.
Auberge de la Maison 23 rooms from $124Courmayeur
Chic and elegant chalet in a small hamlet with fantastic mountain views. Rooms and one suite in creams with oak floors and fireplaces. Cosy restaurant and excellent spa. A great choice for an all year round mountain holiday.Active HolidaySkiingViews - Great views from hotelBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.
Au Coeur des Neiges 3 rooms from $209Courmayeur
A lovely four star collection of chalets, petit chalets, and a few rooms. Cosy interiors - all wood, with fireplaces and fur throws. Excellent spa, restaurant, and chefs on request. A great option for a very comfortable skiing holiday.Skiing - 2 min walk to the cable carHills & mountainsActive HolidayGroups
QC Terme Monte Bianco 57 rooms from $323Courmayeur (Pre'-saint-didier)
A lovely boutique hotel nestled amongst mountains with views of the Mont Blanc peak. Rooms maintain a traditional Alpine style with wood furniture and balconies. A well known spa, hot tub and two restaurants add to the appeal. Surrounded by gardens and with a good spa.Honeymoons - Come rejuvenate yourselves at the hotel surrounded by beautiful landscapes and therapies available on site.Total relaxation - Stunning scenery, a hot tub, access to the best slopes and an inviting spa promise pure bliss.Views - Great views from hotelFull of character
Mont Blanc Hotel Village 40 rooms from $407Courmayeur (La Salle)
Situated in La Salle, at the foot of Mont Blanc, built in traditional stone and wood, the rooms offer wonderful views of the surrounding mountains. Local produce from its own garden is used in the restaurant. Fireplaces, a heated pool, a jacuzzi and an inviting spa all add to the charm.Romantic Break - Come enjoy the good weather, spectacular views and appreciable service at this hotel with your loved one.Local exploring - The hotel is in a convenient location close by to the most important ski resorts.Families - Large rooms for families and several outdoor activities to keep the kids busy!Sights nearby - Located in the Valle d'Aosta with Roman monuments, castles and rural architecture to explore.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels