- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Lincolnshire
Lincolnshire covers a great swathe of green and pleasant countryside from lush, rolling farmland to the dead flatness of the fens, via peaceful waterways. Despite Lincolnshire's beauty, this is a lightly populated county, just sprinkled with old, stone market towns and little seaside resorts. The best places to stay in Lincolnshire include charming old coaching inns and country house hotels worthy of their own period drama.
All our Lincolnshire collections:
- Best places to stay in Stamford
- Best places to stay in Lincoln
- The Best Pubs with Rooms in Lincolnshire
Several of Lincolnshire's main sights can be found, unsurprisingly, in Lincoln. First there's the magnificent cathedral and Lincoln Castle, one of the first built by William the Conqueror.
Lincolnshire is also proud to be the birthplace of Isaac Newton - he was born at Woolsthorpe Manor, just south of Grantham, and has a number of exceptional stately homes. Also close to Grantham you'll find one of the most recognisable, Restoration darling, Belton House, star of the BBC's Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice.
Lincolnshire is also famous for its place in aviation history. RAF Scrampton, near Lincoln was the home of the 617 Squadron, later known as the Dambusters, and is now the present home of the Red Arrows.
Lincolnshire is home to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Centre, which is where you can see the famous display team which includes one of only two remaining airworthy Lancaster bombers, a Spitfire and a Hurricane. And to the award winning Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Lincolnshire are popular establishments, so we'd recommend you book early if you want to bag a bed in one of these.
The Best Places to Stay in Lincolnshire
- The Bull & Swan is an ancient coaching inn with just seven rooms in the charming market town of Stamford. The food is good and the rooms are more modern than you'd expect from the beautiful old facade. And you're on the grounds of the Burghley Estate, so it's just a short stroll to Burghley House.
- Also in Stamford, on the Burghley Estate, The William Cecil is a refurbished country house with decor that blends quirkiness and splendour. The 27 rooms are all different, but the food is consistently good.
- The Brownlow Arms is a charming country inn/ country pub with seven elegant, comfortable rooms in the picturesque village of Hough-on-th-Hill. The surrounding countryside is beautiful, and there are plenty of historic sights to see, plus the food alone is worth a visit.
Best Hotels in Lincolnshire
The Brownlow Arms 7 rooms from $86Lincolnshire
A charming country inn set in the picturesque Lincoln village of Hough-on-the-Hill. Elegant rooms have been sympathetically refurbished by the owners leaving a classic British pub feel. The surrounding countryside offers a host of historical sights. The food alone makes the pub well worth a visit.Sights nearby - Lincoln Cathedral & Bailgate is a grand Gothic Cathedral, nestled in the cobbled bailgate area overlooking the city of LincolnGreat walks - Take a walk in the National Trust's Belton House groundsFull of characterRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
The Rest 10 rooms from $146Lincoln, Lincolnshire
Chic B&B providing a warm friendly welcome with Bar and coffee house serving delicious snacks. Situated between Lincoln's gorgeous Cathedral and the Castle. Ideal spot for making the most of this medieval historic city centre.Sights nearby - round the corner from Lincoln CathedralLocal markets - One of Europes most largest Christmas markets.Four poster beds - Garden roomRomantic - Good for couples.