- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best Value Hotels on Santorini
Spectacular Santorini is known for its beautiful high end hotels, with their incredible infinity pools overlooking one of the world’s most breathtaking views. So you might be surprised to hear that our Guru’s have found plenty to recommend to those looking for the best value hotels on Santorini (just don't forget that our prices are usually for a double room in low season, so the high season prices will be more expensive).
They’ve found some really inexpensive options, including a chic B&B in central Thira which has rooms starting from less than £50 per night. One of their recommendations for the best value hotels on Santorini for families has a choice of suites or whole villas, and they can even recommend the best value hotels on Santorini for honeymooners.
The Best Value Hotels on Santorini
The Best Value Hotels on Santorini: Thira
Thira, with its steep, colourful cliffs, is dramatic yet relaxed This is Santorini’s main town, a wonderful collection of sugar cube buildings clinging to the cliffside, and dotted with blue domes, blue pools and church bells. Narrow streets run in amongst, lined with shops, bars and restaurants. Tear yourself away from the view - or the beach, and you’ll find the Museum of Prehistoric Thira, several galleries and the atmospheric site of Ancient Thira.
- Our Guru’s best value recommendation is the Rena's Suites, a chic B&B in central Thira, with pretty all-white rooms and suites, a large pool and a relaxed restaurant. Almost unbelievably their rooms start from less than £50 per night.
The Best Value Hotels on Santorini: Imerovigli
Just two kilometres from Thira, Imerovigli is quieter and seems to have more churches. Imerovigli has great access to the restaurants, bars, museums and the port of Thira without the hassle of being in the thick of it.
- You can stay in one of the 12 suites or rooms in he restored, 18th Century Remezzo Villas for around £80 per night. Their classic Cycladean features, like white walls and vaulted ceilings are stylish and spacious as well as great value, and there are spectacular views from the private balconies.
- The Hotel Afroessa is a traditional hotel with a collection of ten understated rooms and maisonettes. They also do fantastic breakfasts on their private balconies.
The Best Value Hotels on Santorini: Oia
At Santorini’s northern arc, the lovely little village of Oia has the cream of the crop when it comes to perfect views - partly because you can see the stacked sugar cubes of Thira and Imerovigli. Most of Oia can only be reached on foot - it’s steep - they still employ donkeys to take away the garbage. 300 steps below the town are the beaches, plus there’s a Maritime Museum.
- 1864 The Sea Captain's House is a wonderful hotel in old town Oia with just four characterful suites. Expect four poster beds, antiques, white washed walls and private balconies with fantastic sea views. You’re close to the beach and the rooms are priced at around £100 per night.
- Esperas also offers different types of accommodation, from rooms to studios to suites and whole villas. You’re right on the coast, with spectacular views from private balconies. The rooms are rustic white with bright art works. And great value, starting from around £130 per night.
Best Value Hotels on Santorini for a Honeymoon
- There are just nine suites making up the Astarte Suites in Thira, and each one has a private jacuzzi, a private balcony and creamy furnishings. There’s also a lovely pool and you’re close to the beaches and many local sights, And all for around £170 per night. Which is very affordable for a honeymoon.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best value hotels on Santorini might be perfect for you?
- Refine your search to the best places to stay in Thira
- or the best places to stay in Imerovigli
- Or expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Santorini,
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Rena's Suites 17 rooms from $57Thira
Chic B&B in central Fira. Fantastic value, pretty all white rooms and suites, large swimming pool, and easy access to restaurant, sights and activities around. A great choice for a couple or family on a budget.Views - Great views from hotelValue chicRomantic BreakSights nearby - Located in the centre of FiraRecommended by - I Escape
Remezzo Villas 12 rooms from $125Imerovigli (Santorini)
Nestled on the cliffside, the restored 18th century villas have classic Cycladean features: white washed walls, vaulted ceilings & curved edges. Spacious suites and rooms with private balconies for enjoying the jawdropping views. No restaurant but a short walk from local eateries. Totally romantic.Views - Fabulous views over the Aegean SeaSailing - Santorini SailingOutstanding locationSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Hotel Afroessa 10 rooms from $104Imerovigli
A traditional hotel with fabulous sea views, understated rooms and maisonettes, and fantastic breakfasts from private balconies. A romantic understated spot, and great value too.Views - Stunning views from every roomRomantic BreakValue chicGreat walks - Easy access to the "Caldera Trail" which links Oia and Fira
1864 The Sea Captain's House 4 rooms from $292Oia
A wonderful small hotel in old town Oia. Four suites have bags of character - four poster beds, fresh flowers, attractive linens, antique furniture, white washed walls, and private balconies. Fabulous sea views from verandahs, massages available and close to the beaches.Town - Oia is one of Santorini's most picturesque towns.Full of character - A house with a history.Views - Great views from hotelHoneymoonsRecommended by - Tablet, CN Traveller
Esperas 17 rooms from $158Oia
All white rustic chic accommodation ranging from studios to suites to separate villas on Oia's coastline. Charming rooms have splashes of art, kitchenettes, private balconies and spectacular views. Beautiful, romantic, family friendly too.Romantic BreakViews - Great views from hotelFamiliesValue chicRecommended by - I Escape
Astarte Suites 9 rooms from $209Thira, Santorini
A romantic hotel tucked in the clouds of Santorini with spectacular sea views. Sultry suites have private jacuzzis, champagne breakfasts served on balconies, and creamy furnishings. Lovely pool and within striking distance of beaches and sights. Ideal for couples and honeymooners.Views - Stunning views over the Aegean Sea. All suites have caldera and volcano viewsRomantic Break - All suites feature a private hot tub and all have the most stunning views.HoneymoonsPrivate Hot Tub - All suites have a private hot tubRecommended by - CN Traveller