- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Great London B&Bs
Opting for a B&B over a hotel can be a great way to save money - which you can then spend on exploring London! But it’s also very often a much friendlier way to travel. Many B&Bs are smaller properties, and often the staff you deal with will also be the owners or managers - and local folk for whom your good time is a prerogative! The B&B market is as difficult to navigate as the hotels market, but our Gurus are here to help, with their list of the best London B&Bs.
Our selection of the best B&Bs includes properties from all over London - from character property Victoria Inn, Peckham to hipster High Road House or The Boundary Rooms in the uber trendy Shoreditch. We’ve found that most of the best London B&Bs are well positioned for public transport, so wherever you stay, London will be your oyster.
Best London B&Bs for something different
- Boundary Rooms is the creation of style and design guru, Terrance Conran. It’s part restaurant, part bakery, part retro bar and part one of London’s best B&Bs. Each individually styled room is based around the work of a well known designer. Tres chic.
- The Zetter Townhouse makes the list for the best London B&Bs with a certain something unique for its wonderfully haphazard collection of boutique rooms where wonderful antiques meet vintage treasures. There are just 13 rooms and a small bar, and the whole thing is designed as if by an eclectic aunt, who has incredible taste.
- Another of our deliciously different collection of London’s best B&Bs is The Victoria Inn, a budget gastro inn in Packham. The pub is great and the 18 rooms are bright and simple, but tasteful.
- High Road House is a different stay not for its decor, which is classic ’Soho House Style’ - this is the House Group’s Chiswick outpost - but for its location in leafy, suburban west London. There are just 13 rooms, neat, all white and probably some of London’s best B&B rooms.
For great value
- If great value is a key factor for you, then Russells of Clapton is hard to beat. It’s a tastefully decorated east London townhouse with just six rooms. Expect exposed brickwork, lots of white, wooden floorboards and some nice antiques. You're 20 minutes from the centre of town in a lively neighbourhood.
- B+B Belgravia and Studios@82 is another of the best London B&Bs priced at under £100 per night. This time you’re closer to the centre of town, in stylish Belgravia, but this kind of address means the rooms are small - but neat and cleverly compact.
London’s Best B&B Hotels
- Some of London’s best B&Bs are more like pared down hotels, without restaurants or room service. The New Linden Hotel in Bayswater is a fine example. It’s a row of converted townhouses with smart, simple rooms, a great location and good business facilities.
- The Mayflower Hotel in Earls Court is another, with 48 rooms decorated with Indian influences and a great breakfast included.
If our pick of the best London B&Bs doesn’t have what you're looking for, check out our full London hotels guide:
- Luxury London Hotels
- London Cheap and Chic Hotels
- Best Hotels in Kensington
- Best Hotels in Knightsbridge
- Best boutique Hotels in London
- Character Hotels in London
- London Chic Hotels
- Cosy London Boltholes
The Victoria Inn 18 rooms from $147London
Set above a traditional Victorian Inn - a gastro pub located in Peckham, for a different kind of stay. Great pub food, a lively and popular bar and simple, stylish bedrooms. Located in this vibrant borough, there are many trendy bars, restaurants and clubs nearby.Foodies - For those after a modern British East End experience the gastropub downstairs offers just thatLocal exploring - Affordable accomodation just 5 miles from Central LondonSights nearby - Visit Dulwich Park or the free Horniman Museum and GardensGreat walks - Peckham Rye Park
Russells of Clapton 3 rooms from $98London
Tasteful townhouse B&B in hip East London. Contemporary design. Wooden floors, white washed walls, antique furniture. Friendly laid-backed service. Excellent breakfasts. Walking distance from Homerton station with good links to the rest of london. A real home away from home.City Style - A chic property in a trendy part of East London.Value chic - Excellent value for LondonLocal markets - Chatsworth Road market offers up excellent street food each Sunday and the famed Broadway Market on Saturdays.Great walks - Take a break from the city and wander through Hackney Marshes along the canal.
B+B Belgravia and Studios@82 9 rooms from $190London (South West)
An understated and elegant B&B, in central Belgravia. The contemporary design, self service facilities and unbeatable location combine to make this an ideal spot in the heart of the city. Numerous restaurants and bars on your doorstep, complete the picture.Families - These contemporary, well located studios are ideal for families with self catering facilities and plenty of space.Local exploring - Grab one of the B&B's free bikes and head out to explore Westminster the heart of historical and vibrant London.Sights nearby - Use the River Thames as your guide and head east to catch a glimpse of Big Ben, London Eye and other sights.Great walks - Whether Hyde or Battersea, be sure to take a stroll around the royal parks of London.Recommended by - Frommers, Fodors
Twenty Nevern Square 20 rooms from $141London (South West)
Chic tranquility meets a West London colonial-style townhouse. Good value. Fantastically well connected by tube, train and bus. A wide range of different rooms and a breakfast worth getting out of bed for.Local markets - Food markets are taking off in the city, so be sure to explore the local ones on the weekends.Full of characterFour poster beds - For romantics.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Johansens
Mayflower Hotel 48 rooms from $138London (South West)
Nestled in the borough of Kensington and Chelsea, just next to Earls Court, this Indian infused 4* boutique is a mix of home comforts and style. Great base for restaurants, tourist attractions and the parks of London. Enjoy breakfast in the courtyard, and then hop on the tube for a day of exploring.Local exploring - The borough of Kensington and Chelsea offers a multitude of designer shopping, culture and dining.City Style - Vibrant Eastern design meets chic Western style- in an unbeatable location.Lively - Hip and happening.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Recommended by - Johansens
New Linden Hotel 50 rooms from $153West London
Charmingn Victorian townhouse turned luxury boutique, in the heart of Notting Hill. Stylish rooms with floor to ceiling windows, Oriental influence and access to a rooftop terrace. Fantastic value for money in a desirable part of town, just minutes from the famed Portobello Road Market.Value chic - Fantastic location, luxurious Egyptian cotton sheets and a rooftop terrace overlooking the London skyline- a steal!Local exploring - Perfectly placed for exploring London’s cosmopolitan Notting Hill neighbourhood, on foot or by bicycle.Local markets - Notting Hill is home to many boutique shops. Head to Portabello Road on the weekend for a trinkets market.Great walks - Just north of Hyde Park, where you can walk around the Serpantine Lake or along the miles of pathways.Recommended by - Johansens
High Road House 14 rooms from $171London
Soho House's Chiswick outpost brings the contemporary-chic of their other properties to this leafy residential area in West London. Crisp white and wood make up the guest rooms, add a splash of vibrant colour, a buzzy bar and restaurant and you have the perfect stay.City Style - Oozing city style with a private members club, effortlessly chic interiors, lively bar and a wonderful location.Local markets - Chiswick is its own town within the city of London and there is a market on the common every weekend.Great walks - Enjoy a stroll along south-side of the Thames Embankment for some of London's most notable views.Designer - Ilse Crawford was the original designer.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
Boundary Rooms 17 rooms from $245London (Shoreditch)
Late Victorian warehouse meets a style guru and restaurateur and becomes a hotspot in Shoreditch. Known for its rooftop garden, local bakery and individually designed rooms this is a perfect London base. Refined and modern A la carte menu with fantastic wine menu to match.Foodies - From mouthwatering bakery, to plush Franco-British fare and finally the uber cool rooftop with bites and cocktails.City Style - Achingly cool, each room is individually designed to pay homage a particular designer.Local markets - Spitalfields Market is an indoor market by Liverpool Station offering food stalls, arts and crafts.Sights nearby - Head to the Heron Tower to the top floor to the well known, and locally popular, Duck and Waffle.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
The Zetter Townhouse 13 rooms from $301London
Intimate boutique townhouse offshoot of the modernist Zetter, with quirky and eclectic vintage decor and just 13 rooms.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Four poster beds - For romantics.Romantic - Good for couples.Quirky - An experience!Recommended by - Tablet, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection