- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Book Now
Wine hotels in Auckland and Waiheke Island
Auckland in North Island is not only New Zealand’s largest city but it’s also internationally renowned for its boutique wineries. Planted mainly with chardonnay and Bordeaux varieties - merlot, cabernet sauvignon, cabernet franc - Auckland’s vineyards are within easy distance of its city centre. Kumeu, to the north east, and Waiheke Island in the Hauraki Gulf, are home to some of its most famous vineyards. The small, hilly island of Waiheke has a quite distinct climate and feel, partly due to its laidback population of hippies and artists. This means that our range of wine hotels in Auckland has something for everyone.
Wine hotels on Waiheke Island
- If you want complete flexibility, and good-value accommodation, Dellows Waiheke offers simple, bright apartments with private terraces. Within walking distance of eight wineries, including its own boutique operation, it’s also just ten minutes’ walk to the beach.
- Even closer to the beach, Waiheke Island Resort also has self-catering studios and apartments but with a wider range of on-site facilities, including a bar, restaurant, pool and hot tubs.
- If you want a little more cossetting, Te Whau lodge is a modern take on a chalet with lots of natural woods, glass and expansive views from its verandas. Close to both beach and wineries, it has a hot tub plus a garden that produces much of its fresh breakfasts.
- And if you really want luxury, check out cliff-top Delamore Lodge where the sea-facing rooms have private courtyards, floor-to-ceiling windows and an understated elegance. There’s an infinity pool, tropical rock pool with waterfall, and plenty of sculptural designed outdoor seating areas designed for just chilling and sipping wine.
Wine hotels in Auckland city
- For good value and a historic building to boot, the Esplanade Hotel makes a charming choice. This Edwardian building has contemporary classic rooms, some with open fires. Sitting on Devonport waterfront, it’s nicely away from the hustle of downtown Auckland.
- The Langham Auckland is also a little set-back from the livelier areas. A slick, luxurious affair, it oozes high-class decadence with dark woods, rich colours and marble bathrooms. You won’t be short of company - 410 rooms - plus there’s a spa, gym and an outdoor pool.
- Also large (165 rooms), but altogether cooler and crisper, with floor-to-ceiling windows and minimalist-furnished white rooms, the Hilton Auckland has a stunning position on the city’s waterfront. One of its most remarkable features is its high-level, outdoor heated lap pool
- In the heart of the action, Hotel deBrett is a bright, quirky affair with colourful striped carpets, and a mix of retro and vintage furnishings. There’s a clubby bar with a good choice of local boutique wines, contemporary art on the walls plus a gym and massage room.
- For something altogether smarter, take a look at Mollies Boutique Hotel. Its 10 suites are lavish and elegant with a mix of antiques, original art, sumptuous drapes and a certain designer cool. There’s a small spa while the restaurant focuses on organic ingredients.
Our choice of wine hotels in Auckland means you can combine both a beach and a city stay. For a wider selection either consult our Ultimate guide to the best wine hotels in New Zealand or check out our full listings for Auckland, Waiheke Island and the North Island.
Waiheke Island Resort 25 rooms from $143Waiheke Island
Chic apartments and studios with kitchen facilities on Waiheke Island, five minutes from Palm Beach. Spacious rooms, modern furnishings and private outdoor seating areas with sea views. With a bar, restaurant, pool, hot tub, tennis court and conference facilities. For a relaxing island getaway.Birdwatching - Endangered kiwiGreat walks - Good for walkers.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Dellows Waiheke from $147Waiheke Island
Self-contained accommodation set on eight acres in the heart of Waiheke Island's wine region. Rooms elegant and comfortable, with private outdoor terraces. Has its own boutique winery and distillery, and ten minute walk to Onetangi Beach. Great for families and groups.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Great walks - Good for walkers.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
Te Whau Lodge from $293Waiheke Island
Contemporary boutique lodge with panoramic views across Putiki Bay. Rooms modern, elegant, light and spacious. Fresh breakfast from ingredients grown in garden. With an outdoor hot tub, library and open fireplaces. Close to wineries, beaches and great walks.Views - Overlooking Putiki BaySailing - Can be booked nearby.Back to NatureHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
Delamore Lodge from $825Waiheke Island
Boutique lodge with spectacular cliff top location overlooking Owhanake Bay. Modern and luxurious rooms with floor to ceiling windows, private courtyards and uninterrupted bay views. Close to wineries, olive oil tastings, scenic walks and unspoilt beaches. Ideal for a romantic getaway.Views - Overlooking Owhanake Bay out to Hauraki GulfSwimming Pool - Outdoor heated infinity poolSecluded setting - For escaping.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
Hotel DeBrett 25 rooms from $245Auckland
Wonderful bright and colourful rooms with a retro edge and eclectic mix of modern furniture and local art. A hub in the centre of Auckland close to galleries, restaurants and great shopping. With a gym and massage facilities. Family friendly, with babysitting services available.Sitting RoomRestaurant - Recommended.Sights nearby - Short walk to Viaduct Harbour and Sky TowerDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Mollies Boutique Hotel 10 rooms from $413Auckland (St Mary's Bay)
Quirky boutique hotel moments from Auckland CBD. Tasteful suites with original art, fireplaces and ensuite marble bathrooms. Local organic produce used in onsite restaurant. Lively, charming and fun.Local markets - Good for local colour.SpaSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Hilton Auckland 165 rooms from $350Auckland (147 QUAY STREET)
Sleek modern rooms on the Auckland waterfront with fabulous views. White walls, gorgeous full length windows and balconies. With an outdoor heated lap pool, gym and restaurant. Family friendly features include babysitting service, kids menus and family suites.Views - Harbour and city viewsSights nearby - Art galleries, museumsSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
The Langham Auckland 410 rooms from $146Auckland (83 Symonds Street)
Rooms are large and decadently decorated with rich colours and with marble bathrooms. A gym, outdoor heated salt swimming pool and spa, every luxury. Within walking distance to Auckland waterfront and CBD. An urban chic hotel.Sights nearby - Auckland War Memorial Museum, Auckland Museum and Parnell VillageViews - Views of Auckland's skylineSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor salt poolSpa
The Esplanade Hotel 17 rooms from $127Auckland (Devonport)
Boutique hotel on Devonport waterfront. Edwardian building with original features such as open fireplaces and ensuite rooms in soft tones with great views to Auckland city centre. Perfect for a city break away from the hustle and bustle of the CBD.Sights nearby - 10 mins ferry ride to city centreViews - Devonport harbour and city viewsLocal markets - Good for local colour.