- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best Hotels for Foodies in Cornwall
For some us a holiday isn’t a holiday unless we have the opportunity to treat ourselves to some fine food and drink. And I don’t blame you if you’re scrawling though hotel reviews waiting to see photos of the food and the restaurant. Especially when it comes to Cornish hotels. Now, thanks somewhat to Rick Stein, Cornwall is known for its food. Seafood is obviously dominant, but there are plenty of other locally sourced treasures on this menu of the best hotels for foodies in Cornwall.
Our Gurus have found a remote gastropub just up from Penzance which is definitely worth the walk to, a Michelin starred hideaway near Porscatho, a family friendly charmer in Rock and a luxurious, boutique-y, romantic treasure in Fowey.
The Best Hotels for Foodies in Cornwall
The Best Hotels for Foodies in Cornwall - The Classic Collection
- Rick Stein’s Seafood Restaurant has a collection of 39 beautiful, simple rooms attached. The decor is Cornish white and blue and you’re right on the sea by the fleet of fishermen. The restaurant doesn’t really need an introduction.
- The Driftwood Hotel near Portscatho has a Michelin starred restaurant, 14 light, nautical inspired rooms and a stunning location overlooking Gerrans Bay.
The Best Hotels in Cornwall for Foodies who want to Relax
- The St Enodoc Hotel in Rock has great views over the Camel Estuary, 16 modern, airy rooms and a lively restaurant serving healthy, innovative meals using seasonal and locally sourced produce.
- Gurnard's Head Hotel in Zennor is a charming Cornish Inn surrounded by breathtaking countryside. There are seven traditional rooms, plus the gastropub serving excellent locally sourced food, and a simple, characterful welcome, which makes this a very popular inn for walkers and those who want to escape.
The Best Hotels for Foodies in Cornwall - With Cooking Schools
- Rick Stein’s Seafood Restaurant offers cooking classes,
- but so does the Bedruthan Steps Hotel in Mawgan Porth, just north of Newquay. Its Herring Restaurant has a great reputation, and boasts fantastic views from the restaurant and some of the hundred odd rooms. This is also a great place for foodie families, with some cooking classes for kids too!
The Best Hotels for Foodies in Cornwall - For Romance
- The Old Quay House Hotel in Fowey is an exceptionally beautiful Cornish hotel. Its 11 rooms with their estuary views and contemporary charm are hard to beat, and you'll find another inventive Cornish restaurant specialising in amazing seafood. Perfect mini-break material.
- Just down the coast in St. Mawes is the Hotel Tresanton, a stylish spot with beautiful views from its 30 rooms and restaurant. Expect more seafood and locally sourced deliciousness.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels for foodies in Cornwall might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include our list of all the best places to stay in Cornwall, or
- contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Seafood Restaurant 32 rooms from $135Padstow, Cornwall
Beautifully simple rooms attached to Rick Stein's renowned restaurant. Splashes of blue's and white give a Cornish flourish. Friendly and well trained staff are a pleasure. The restaurant hardly needs an introduction. The perfect weekend escape.Foodies - Renowned for his seafood prowess this restaurant has become a must visit for all foodies in Padstow.Back to Nature - Right on the sea, watch the fisherman at work, before head out on an exhilarating coastal ramble.Fishing - Leave from Padstow harbour for a morning fishing trip and hopefully catch some dinner!Sailing - Sail out of Padstow and explore the beautiful coastline, an idyllic day out.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Gurnard's Head Hotel 7 rooms from $141Zennor, Cornwall
A charming Cornish Inn surrounded by breathtaking countryside. A magnet for walkers, the traditional rooms are designed to afford every comfort to these weary travelers. An informal coastal gastropub serves up the best local ingredients, cooked to perfection. Simple, characterful and homely.Exclusive offer - The Winter EscapeRestaurant - Excellent locally sourced foodGreat walks - Take part in the interesting and informative foraging walks with Caroline Arkley.Surfing - Sennen Cove is the best known beach in the area, and very popular with surfers.Views - Sweeping coastal viewsRecommended by - I Escape, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Driftwood Hotel 14 rooms from $233Near Portscatho, Cornwall
Sitting in privates acres, this chic and intimate hotel overlooks stunning Gerrans Bay. Light, marine inspired rooms are the perfect example of comfort meets plush. A Michelin Star at the restaurant makes dining a spoiling yet casual affair, matched by a fine wine list. A dream Cornish location.Great walks - Grab a hotel picnic and head out through the private estate right down to the coast and explore the beautiful beaches!Fishing - Right on the coast, there are plenty of fishing boats to rent for the day with equippment and guides if necessary.Hideaway - A hideaway location just off the beach and in extensive private gardens, why would you leave?Surfing - No trip to Cornwall is complete without a surf session in the bracingly cold Atlantic.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
St Enodoc Hotel 16 rooms from $239Rock, Cornwall
Charming beachside hotel with views of Camel Estuary. Modern, breezy rooms are chic and comfortable. The lively restaurant serves healthy, modern dishes. Vibrant and cosy, with top marks for stunning location and warmth of service.Families - Family suites, games room, special kiddies menus and a wealth of fun beachside activities make this an ideal family getaway.Foodies - Fresh, local, seasonal produce is used in the hotels seafood restaurant to create flavoursome innovative cuisine.Beach Life - Right on the beach, with nautical blue and white interiors and plenty of water based fun at hand.Surfing - The hotel will organise a private surf lessons with George Stoy, a perfect introduction to Cornwall's most popular sport!
Old Quay House Hotel 11 rooms from $245Fowey, Cornwall
Boutique luxury in the heart of Fowey with ample amounts of sea air, estuary views and contemporary charm. Crisp, minimalist rooms are breezy and comfortable. The restaurant serves an inventive menu of local seafood delights. An ideal spot for a romantic mini break away from city life.Great walks - Wonderful walking all around this area, a particualr favourite is the picturesque Hall Walk, which ends in pretty Polruan.Sights nearby - The ruins of St Catherine’s Castle sit on the edge of the town and command spectacular views of the harbour.Sailing - Yacht rental is available nearby, head off with a professional skipper or simply charter your own course.Kayaking - Kayak rental is possible from the village of Golant, the perfect way to explore this stunning coast.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Sawdays, Tablet, I Escape
Hotel Tresanton 30 rooms from $318St Mawes, Cornwall
Stylish, laid back coastal hotel resting over St Mawes with views of the great blue. Marine inspired rooms are cosy, comfortable and plush. Seafood and local produce make up the innovative menu. Ideal for a romantic weekend, a family getaway and adventure enthusiasts with sailing, walks and more.Exclusive offer - One Night StaysGreat walks - One of the most picturesque parts of the British Isles with miles of coastal trails and paths to explore.Sights nearby - Stunning three mile walk past St Mawes Castle - built by Henry VIII.Kids Club - Summer months onlyHouse party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, I Escape
Bedruthan Steps Hotel 101 rooms from $195Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
Fantastic spot overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from a family-friendly hotel. Modern interiors throughout with the comfortable rooms capturing the beach views. Herring Restaurant is Cornish throughout using locally sourced ingredients. Relax by one of the two pools, or at the spa.Eco break - A sustainable and environmentally minded hotel with an extensive responsible tourism pledge, see website for further details.Groups - This hotel is ideal for an active creative group holiday with workshops, open air theatre and plenty of fun facilities.Spa breaks - Pamper yourself at the top of the range luxury spa, using all natural products and treatments- heaven!Families - With family orientated rooms, activities, nursery and kids club its ideal for all the family.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide