- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best Hotels In The Yorkshire Dales National Park
If great outdoors, and equally great indoors, are what you are looking for in a short break then our Guru’s guide to the best hotels in the Yorkshire Dales National Park is for you!
The Yorkshire Dales National Park has spectacular countryside: think rolling green hills, stone walls and narrow roads edged on either side by sheep-specked moorland, and there’s a wealth of charming hotels to choose from.
The Best Hotels In The Yorkshire Dales National Park for Luxury
- For luxurious pampering in the Dales head for The Devonshire Arms Country House Hotel and Spa on the Duke of Devonshire's Bolton Abbey Estate. There is a Michelin-starred restaurant as well as a brasserie, and the spa facilities in the Health Barn are top class with a lovely pool and pampering treatments on offer.
- Part of the same group as the Devonshire Arms above (which is obviously a good choice for serious foodies too), the Devonshire Fell Hotel is a pub with rooms in the pretty village of Burnsall. The decor is bright, bold and contemporary, the bedrooms are generously proportioned and ideal for families and the atmosphere is laid back and friendly. Guests at the Fell have full access to the spa facilities at the Devonshire Arms.
The Dales are wonderful for walkers of all abilities and our pick of the best hotels in the Yorkshire Dales National Park are perfectly placed to make the most of the great outdoors.
- The Lister Arms near Malham is a good spot for walkers. Situated on the Pennine Way, it has a cosy popular bar, (which welcomes canine as well as human customers), comfortable functional bedrooms and good home cooking.
- The Punch Bowl Inn situated halfway along Swaledale has great views, a friendly bar, good food and comfortable unfussy bedrooms. Perfect for tired, hungry, thirsty walkers.
- The award-winning Charles Bathurst Inn is a local, and sister, establishment to the Punch Bowl, and offers the same homely mix of good food and no-nonsense bedrooms for a good night's sleep.
If you want your bed for the night to have a bit of history then our pick of the best hotels in the Yorkshire Dales is:
- The Angel Inn at Hetton - a former cattle drovers' inn - parts of which are over 500 years old. Comfy, oak-beamed rooms are traditionally decorated with flowery fabrics and furnished nooks. In summer, visitors can eat outside and admire Cracoe Fell.
Within the park
- The Burgoyne Hotel in the village of Reeth near Richmond is a traditionally decorated country house-style hotel, with eight comfortable bedrooms and a pretty garden with fabulous views.
For great value
- The Traddock is a welcoming Georgian country house hotel on the edge of the National Park, with lovely views and a good restaurant serving local food. The 12 bedrooms are decorated individually with a mixture of modern and antique furniture and start from just £95 per night.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels in the Yorkshire Dales National Park on our Guru’s list then:
- expand your search to include the best places to stay in Yorkshire
- refine your search to the best places to stay in Richmond,
- or the best places to stay in Harrogate,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The Devonshire Arms Hotel and Spa 40 rooms from $331Skipton, Yorkshire
The former Coaching Inn on the Duke of Devonshire's Bolton Abbey estate is now a romantic hideaway spa hotel. Classic rooms exude comfort and style. 4 AA Rosette fine dining, a brasserie, indoor pool and stunning parkland setting makes this a popular place for families, wedding parties and romance.Hideaway - Mouthwatering food, wonderful service, plenty of activities and old school suites complete with fourposters and walk in showers.Active Holiday - With miles of walking, plus clay pigeon shooting, fly-fishing, and falconry available at Bolton Abbey Estate.Fishing - Fly fishing for brown trout and grayling along a 4.5 mile stretch of River Wharfe.Great walks - Ask at reception for some of well trodden and loved walking routes in the area.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Devonshire Fell Hotel 16 rooms from $177Burnsall, Yorkshire
Colourful, contemporary-style hotel, on the Duke of Devonshire’s Yorkshire estate, with stunning views over a picturesque Wharfedale village. Ideally placed for walks, exploring local villages or picnicking by the river.Foodies - Feast on the locally sourced 1AA Rosette cuisine in the stylish restaurant, followed by a drink in the cosy bar.Country Escape - On the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, surrounded by rolling hills and scenic country.Great walks - Bring your dog and head out rambling among rolling hills, country lanes and along the River Wharfe.Sights nearby - The UNESCO heritage sights of Bolton Abbey Estate and Fountains Abbey are a short drive away.
The Traddock 12 rooms from $159Austwick, Yorkshire
Comfortable, charming Georgian country house hotel in stunning surroundings on the edge of the Dales. A picturesque garden, cosy bedrooms and sitting room. Award-winning restaurant with organic food and lovely views. Great country pursuits on the doorstep - a good spot for cyclists.Foodies - Award winning restaurant, serving organic, locally sourced foodCountry Escape - Seemingly endless outdoor activities availableKayaking - With Yorkshire Dales GuidesGreat walks - "Three Peaks" of Whernside
The Lister Arms 9 rooms from $102nr Skipton, Yorkshire
A gloriously situated coaching inn, on the Pennine Way, in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Pretty rooms with soft hues and lovely views. Unwind in the buzzy bar with dogs, fires and home cooking. The perfect base for walkers and those looking for some peace and tranquility.Country Escape - Enjoy great ales and food at this postcard pretty inn situated in the National Trust's Malham village.Great walks - Explore In the beautiful Yorkshire Dales National Park section of the National Trial, Pennine Way.Sights nearby - Guests should visit the pretty market town of Skipton.Views - Great views from hotel
Angel Inn 9 rooms from $191Near Skipton, Yorkshire
15th Century drovers' inn turned in the 1950s to a popular pub in the Dales. Oak beams and chic interiors make the comfortable rooms ooze character. The restaurant serves excellent modern British food. Do not miss a chance to explore the wine cave. Great walking from the door.Foodies - Knockout food crafted from the finest ingrediants, former owner was dubbed “Godfather of the Gastropub”.Country Escape - An ideal escape surrounded by wonderful walking in the Yorkshire countryside.Great walks - Between the world heritage sights and the rolling hills and beautiful valleys, a walk is definitely in order.Sights nearby - Close to Skipton Castle and Bolton Abbey.
Punch Bowl Inn 11 rooms from $121Richmond, Yorkshire
A charming and characterful 17th century coaching inn in the village of Low Row. Sister hotel to the Charles Bathurst - simple, comfortable with fantastic food and excellent location. Stylish rooms offer fantastic views of the prime walking country of the Yorkshire Dales.Groups - Enjoy the special package for groups, offering you afternoon tea, champagne reception, full breakfast and a three course meal.Country Escape - A wonderful retreat from city life, long walks, comfy beds, plenty of pints and hearty meals.Sights nearby - Half an hours drive brings you to the town of Richmond, famed for its Georgian Theatre and Richmond Castle.Great walks - An ideal location for exploring the many walking routes through the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Charles Bathurst Inn 19 rooms from $121Arkengarthdale, Yorkshire
Spectacular views of the Yorkshire Dales from this convivial converted 18th-century inn. Light modern characterful rooms. Hearty British food served in cosy surrounds. Ideal walking and cycling country. A fine country escape.Back to Nature - Situated in the spectacular Yorkshire DalesActive Holiday - Ideal for walkers, cyclers and horse ridersGreat walks - The rural, rugged dales provide miles of walking territoryLocal markets - Centred between several small market towns
Burgoyne Hotel 8 rooms from $130Richmond, Yorkshire
Welcoming village hotel with a country house feel. Plush, comfortable rooms with superb outlooks. Excellent modern British Dinners served in an elegant restaurant. Set in a stunning part of the Dales ideal for all manner of outdoor pursuits. A great escape for urbanites.Sights nearby - Explore one of the many nearby castles including Richmond, Bolton and MiddlehamFishing - Fishing in Thornton Steward Reservoir and the River SwaleGreat walks - An abundance of walking routes directly from the hotelRestrictions on children - Children cannot be accommodated