Search the best hotels in Broome
An old pearling town on the spectacular Dampier Peninsula, Broome is almost two thousand miles from the nearest city. Surrounded by the sparkling waters of the Indian Ocean and the red deserts of the Kimberley Ranges, this pint-sized hub has become a favourite escape for heritage buffs and outdoorsy travellers of all ages, eager to explore beyond the beaten track. Ranging from private villas to indulgent seaside resorts, the best places to stay in Broome await.
Parts of Broome date back to the 1880s, when the pearl industry was thriving. Stroll along streets lined by weathered clapboard houses, visit the Broome Historical Museum and catch a film at the open-air cinema in Chinatown — the oldest of its kind in the country. The tragic side of Broome’s pearl heritage can be felt in its seaside cemeteries, which pay testament to the many lives lost, and to the diversity of workers from across the world who came to work in this remote part of Australia. Broome remains a working pearl port, and its modern sea farms offer an insight into the contemporary industry.
Active explorers and watersports enthusiasts, on the other hand, will be delighted by enormous Cable Beach, which stretches for almost 22 kilometres. Enjoy swimming, kayaking, surfing and snorkelling in spellbinding surroundings. For hiking and mountain biking, look to the vast landscapes of the Kimberley. Step in dinosaur footprints at Gantheaume Point, spot Second World War shipwrecks in the Indian Ocean at low tide and sip sundowners at the best places to stay in Broome as day gives way to evening.
The Best Places to Stay in Broome
For an Intimate Hideaway
- McAlpine House has eight elegant guest rooms and suites, some of which feature private terraces with garden and swimming pool views. Cable Beach and the town centre are minutes away, but this little oasis has an appealingly laid-back and intimate feel.
For a Family-Friendly Resort
- Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa is a sophisticated spot set upon the pristine sands of Cable Beach. Indulgent rooms and suites feature original artwork by Sidney Nolan, and the resort also has the first L'Occitane spa in Australia.An impressive 245 rooms means that there are plenty of options for families, including dedicated children's pools and games. Superb.
- Kimberley Sands Resort offers five star facilities at very reasonable prices. A few minutes' walk from the beach, the resort welcomes families and has an enormous swimming pool at its heart. Contemporary rooms and suites are ideal for kicking back in style.
- The Pearle of Cable Beach is a luxury resort situated steps away from the white sands of Cable Beach. Elegant, multi-bedroom villas have swimming pools, terraces and pavilions with private kitchens and dining spaces. Unwind at the spa, or head out to explore Broome. A brilliant choice for families and groups of friends.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Broome International Airport, less than a mile from the centre of town. International visitors will need to travel via one of Australia's larger airports, such as Perth, Sydney or Melbourne.
- Western Australia is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Broome can be very warm throughout the year, with temperatures staying above 30°C. Visit between May and October for sunshine and pleasant temperatures. The summer months (December to February) tend to be rainy.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Perth.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Western Australia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Broome
Best Hotels in Broome
Kimberley Sands Resort Cable Beach Broome (Cable Beach) 72 rooms from £129Families - Family suites, a huge swimming pool and easy access to Cable Beach make this a top spot for familiesGreat walks - Take a scenic stroll along 22 kilometre Cable Beach, amongs the world's most striking spotsBeach Life - Within walking distance of Cable Beach, this is an excellent choice for a seaside holidayOther Activities - Catch a screening at Sun Pictures, the world's oldest open-air cinema, in Chinatown
This is the ultimate relaxation resort, within walking distance of iconic Cable Beach. Smart, contemporary rooms come with glorious marble bathrooms, private balconies and Nespresso machines as standard. Outdoor pool with poolside bar and restaurant serving Aussie cuisine. See More
Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa Broome (Cable Beach Road) 245 rooms from £132Other Activities - Scenic helicopter or plane flights are perfect for soaking up the dramatic landscapes of the Kimberley by plane or helicopter.Families - Chic two-bedroom bungalows are ideal for families, who will appreciate the dedicated children's pool and play areasRomantic Break - A beautiful resort for romantics, with classic bungalow suites and a superb spaGolf - The resort has its own mini-golf course for fun-filled family tournamentsRecommended by - Fodors
The most sophistocated place to stay on Cable Beach, this resort boasts original artwork from Sir Sidney Nolan and Australia's first L'Occitane spa, as well as a gym, tennis courts and a mini-golf course. A water playground and separate kids and adults pools make this a family friendly option. See More
McAlpine House Broome 8 rooms from £169Wildlife Area - Take the whole family to the Malcolm Douglas Crocodile Park and Animal Refuge to see big saltwater crocodilesRomantic Break - A romantic spot with a special heritage feel and an adults only policy, perfect for couples looking to unwindHideaway - With just eight guestrooms, each with a private outdoor sitting area, this is a wonderful hideawayGreat walks - Long strolls on Cable Beach come highly recommended, as do hikes in the Kimberley
The Pearle of Cable Beach Broome 66 rooms from £315Total relaxation - Private villas are well-suited to independent travellers keen to hide away in seclusion or to explore BroomeGroups - Multi-bedroom villas with private pools invite groups of friends and families to unwind in total privacyLocal markets - Go shopping in Chinatown or at the bustling Saturday Courthouse Building marketWatersports - Try surfing, kayaking, snorkelling or sailing on clear ocean waters
A luxury resort situated steps away from the white sands of Cable Beach. Large, elegant rooms with private terraces and pavillions with own kitchen, dining and lap pools. A spa enables total relaxation, whilst a tropical oasis surrounds the outdoor infinity pool. Romantic with a family feel. See More