Search the best hotels in São Paulo
About São Paulo
Sao Paulo is a global city of epic proportions and Brazil’s cultural capital. Expect a city of extremes with towering skyscrapers, cracked pavements, thousands of restaurants and bars to fit every budget, art-house cinemas, museums and world-renowned shopping. The best places to stay in Sao Paulo vary between fiercely chic design hotels where your every whim will be catered for, to charming small boutiques where the intimate setting gives a real feel for the culture.
Paulistanos, as the natives are called, are quite international and you'll find evidence of the varied heritage in the flavours of the restaurants, the dancing in the nightclubs and the cocktails in the bars. The restaurants are amongst the best in the world, so this is a real foodie’s destination.
Nightclubs never sleep, so you can expect to party on into the early hours. It is a buzzing metropolis akin to London or New York, perhaps a little dirtier and more polluted, but every inch as cosmopolitan.
Given that the city is now a bit of a tourist hotspot, be sure to book ahead if you want to guarantee yourself a room in one of the best places to stay in Sao Paulo.
The best places to stay in Sao Paulo
For a Designer Boutique
- Emiliano is an extremely cool luxury hotel offering chic designer suites with private butlers, complimentary massages and some have private pools. Plus there's a gourmet Italian restaurant, beautiful spa and helipad for those who fly straight in!
- Fasano Hotel is a Five Star property, terribly sophisticated and almost masculine. Here you can expect a top of the range spa, two excellent restaurants and a jazz bar. Very hip.
- The Tivoli Sao Paulo - Mofarrej is a luxury boutique hotel to the hilt! Minimalist with all the mod. cons., but bags of individuality. There's a fabulous French restaurant, a Banyan Tree Spa and a roof top terrace with pool. It's surprisingly family friendly as well.
- The Hotel Unique is a five star designer boutique hotel in the shape of a ship. Suites are decorated in minimal muted tones and plenty of style, there's a wonderful roof top terrace including a pool with views and a gourmet fusion restaurant.
For A Smart City Stay
- L'Hotel Porto Bay boasts classic, tasteful accommodation in a great location. With a restaurant, courtyard pool and spoiling spa, it's a wonderful all-round choice.
- Located on the outskirts of the city in the midst of Burle Marx Park, Palacio Tangara offers ultra-chic accommodation in metallic tones. Set in an historic mansion, the hotel also features a truly magnificent restaurant and a pool.
- Villa Bahia is a gorgeous little boutique, previously a colonial house, with bags of charm. Expect romantic bedrooms with four poster beds and little balconies. There's also a rooftop terrace bar and plunge pool. Much more understated than the rest, but extremely pleasant in terms of character.
For An Apartment Or Villa
- If you think you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- The best time to visit is during the shoulder seasons, March to May or October to November, with comfortable average temperatures hovering around 21-24°C.
- The summers are generally pretty humid, whilst there can also be a fair amount of rainfall.
- Most international visitors will fly into Sao Paulo - Guarulhos International Airport which is well served by public transport links to the city centre.
- LATAM and British Airways fly direct from Heathrow to Guarulhos, with the journey taking approximately 11h 45m.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through all our recommendation for the best places to stay in Sao Paulo.
- Widen the net to search through all our picks in Sao Paulo State or the best places to stay in Rio de Janeiro.
- Or, feel free to contact a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in São Paulo
Best Hotels in São Paulo
Tivoli Sao Paulo - Mofarrej São Paulo (Cerqueira César) 95 rooms from £146Spa breaks5* Luxury - Very high service standards.City StyleSights nearby - Parque Trianon, Planetarium and Teatro Municipal.
Villa Bahia São Paulo (Higienópolis) 17 rooms from £167Sights nearby - The hotel is in the Pelourinho district, a historic UNESCO World Heritage site.Four poster beds - For romantics.TraditionalSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - I Escape
A glorious boutique hotel, previously a colonial house, right in the heart of a UNESCO heritage district. Romantic bedrooms have four poster beds and elegant furnishings, all in different themes. Lovely roof top terrace, plunge pool, good local cuisine. Bags of character, family friendly. See More
Hotel Unique, Sao Paulo São Paulo (Jardim Paulista) 95 rooms from £219City StyleBoutique5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Sights nearby - Professor Aristoteles Orsini Planetarium, Ibirapuera Park, Ibirapuera Gymnasium and Ibirapuera Auditorium.Recommended by - Design Hotels
A boutique designer chic hotel in the shape of a ship. Five Star luxury rooms and suites have all the mod cons and minimal decoration. Fantastic roof top terrace with a pool and lounge area, gourmet fusion restaurant, and extensive spa. Extremely hip hotel, perfect for movers and shakers. See More
L'Hotel Porto Bay São Paulo (Bela Vista) 84 rooms from £208City Style - With a chic Mediterranean bistro, luxurious spa and sharp design this is a stylish option.Local markets - Visit the Municipal Market for a real flavour of Brazilian cuisine.Great walks - Take a stroll through the tranquil Ibirapuera Park.Swimming Pool - Heated indoor pool.
An elegant hotel well located with easy access to the city. Smart rooms feature soft hues, large sash windows, funky black and white rugs and Impressionist art. A chic Mediterranean bar is popular with locals. The tranquil courtyard pool is the cherry on this particular cake. A fabulous city base. See More
Palacio Tangara São Paulo (Panamby) 141 rooms from £393Foodies - Foodie heaven- enjoy exquisite dishes artfully crafted by their renowned chef!City Style - An wonderfully indulgent and chic city break, nestled in a dense rainforest!Great walks - Wander through the beautioful Burle Marx ParkDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Palacio Tangara enjoys a wonderful location in the midst of Burle Marx Park, Sao Paulo. This historic mansion offers luxurious and chic accommodation with epic views. Feast on gourmet cuisine in the restaurant, and lounge with a cocktail by one of the pools! An upmarket city stay. See More
Fasano Sao Paulo São Paulo (Jardins) 60 rooms from £420Romantic Break - With elegant, luxurious suites, it's perfect for a romantic stay in Sao Paulo.Local exploring - Well placed for exploring the sights and sounds of Sao Paulo.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Parish of Our Lady of Brasil.Local markets - Browse the local markets streets of Jardins.
Stunning five-star hotel that focuses on quality service with minimum fuss. Features such as an excellent Italian restaurant, a deluxe spa and an atmospheric bar make it a great option for staying in Sao Paulo. Combining luxury and class, it's perfect for a romantic break. See More
Emiliano São Paulo (Jardim Paulista) from £547Foodies - Fantastic Italian restaurant.Good wine list - 296 labels.Romantic BreakLuxuryRecommended by - CN Traveller
Probably the coolest most luxurious boutique hotel in Sao Paulo. Utterly chic suites come with private butlers, complimentary massages, skyline views, and even a private pool. Gourmet Italian and seafood restaurant and luxury spa. Each living area is a work of art. For those who can afford it. See More