Search the best hotels in Siem Reap
About Siem Reap
Bustling Siem Reap is the gateway to the magnificent temple complex of Angkor, and has become one of Cambodia's most popular travel hubs. Keen visitors will find a plethora of accommodation options ranging from simple B&Bs to swish spa hotels for indulgent honeymoon getaways. Fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets, our pick of the best places to stay in Siem Reap offer a brilliant springboard for discovering this magical region.
Angkor Wat is undoubtedly the area’s most famous landmark, and the extensive surrounding complex can be explored on foot, by bicycle or seen from the air on helicopter and hot air balloon excursions. Early morning amblers can expect fiery sunrises, whilst evening strollers will see vine-vine-clad temples framed by beautifully soft light.
Back in Siem Reap, you’ll find fantastic galleries and boutiques showcasing Cambodian artists and craftspeople, and gorgeous botanical gardens. The Cambodian War Museum is also well worth visiting. Venture beyond the city for cycling excursions and tours of intriguing silk farms. Round off your days at lively backpacker bars, trendy eateries or award-award-winning restaurants fusing Khmer and international cuisine. The best places to stay in Siem Reap fill up fast during the peak November to March season, so book your trip well in advance!
The Best Places to Stay in Siem Reap
For an Intimate Hideaway
- Maison Polanka is a gorgeous little hotel with just seven rooms, a cottage and a four-bedroom villa. Book the larger Maison for group or family trips, and enjoy leafy gardens, fabulous cuisine and some seriously cool retro-inspired interiors. For design buffs.
- The Beige offers indulgent tented suites in a gorgeous riverside setting. The yoga platform, infinity pool and spa are perfect for unwinding before tucking in to organic cuisine. A charming romantic hideaway.
- Sala Lodges is made up of just 11 stilted Khmer houses, set in rural surroundings close to Siem Reap. Individually sourced and placed within the gardens by the hotel's Swiss owners, the houses offer a beautiful insight into traditional Cambodian heritage. Stylishly simple and luxurious, perfect for romantic escapes.
For Heritage Glamour
- Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor has beautiful French Art Deco interiors and very sophisticated rooms and suites, which boast private balconies, rolltop baths and big beds topped with crisp white linens. The lovely pool, tennis courts and 15 acres of landscaped gardens make this a real standout.
- FCC Angkor is set in a gorgeous building, once an imposing French governor's residence. Restored rooms and suites have a more tropical modernist feel, with large windows, big beds topped with burnt orange bedspreads, and private terraces. The Mansion Restaurant is a foodie favourite. For well-heeled travellers.
- Heritage Suites Hotel began life as a colonial townhouse. It now houses a number of generously proportioned suites, some of which have private jacuzzis or 8-metre swimming pools. Extra beds can be added for little ones, but this is also a very romantic base for discovering Siem Reap.
For Families or Groups
- Shinta Mani Angkor has a hip, modern feel, perfect for groups of friends looking to congregate around the swimming pool before kicking back in slick rooms designed by the acclaimed Bill Bensley. Villas with private plunge pools are great for families or groups.
- Montra Nivesha Residence is a charming boutique hotel with inter-connecting rooms for families travelling together. Refreshing pool dips are brilliant after days of cycling, hiking and exploring. The Western and Khmer cuisine at Reahoo Restaurant is excellent.
- The Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa's enormous Family Suites are ideal for trips with kids of all ages. Gather in the saltwater swimming pool, head off to the sumptuous spa whilst the little ones stay with a babysitter, or feast at Chi Restaurant. An indulgent, family-friendly choice with plenty of scope for romance.
- Hillocks Hotel & Spa is a simple and affordable contemporary hotel with a great spa. Large modern suites have space for additional beds, and the huge swimming pool is ideal for splashing around as a family.
For a Wellness Retreat
- Navutu Dreams Resort & Spa takes a holistic approach to health, with wellness packages, yoga and movement classes, three swimming pools and a superb spa. Look out for dedicated yoga retreats, or travel with the whole family to enjoy the striking setting and spacious private villas.
- Templation has minimalist, Japanese-inspired rooms with huge bathtubs and private courtyards with tranquil rain showers. This sustainably-minded hideaway has vegetal roofs and solar power, and a real wellness focus.
- Amansara is a design lover's dream, with minimalist 1960s-inspired decor and the exceptional service for which the Aman group has gained international acclaim. Some of the suites have private pools, others boast quiet courtyards. The indulgent spa and Khmer restaurant are excellent — as are the tailored experiences of the area. A delight.
- Phum Baitang combines luxury design with a 'green village' concept, and comprises 45 wooden villas, 25 of which have stunning private plunge pools. Slightly out of Siem Reap's bustling tourist area, Phum Baitang offers a totally immersive experience for fans of tranquility.
- Jaya House River Park showcases 1960s Cambodian Modernism in its 36 chic rooms and suites, largely set around an impressive swimming pool. A strong environmental commitment has put this luxury hotel at the forefront of Cambodia's sustainablity movement. A fantastic spa, flavoursome food and warm service complete the picture.
- Belmond La Residence d’Angkor is an spectacular spa hotel with private villas and beautiful, tropical grounds. Traditional Cambodian elements are balanced with more modern touches throughout the resort, which is a favourite with romantic couples.
- Treeline Urban Resort is a glamorous, design-led hotel with 48 elegant white-on-white rooms & suites. With a burgeoning art collection and regular exhibitions, as well as two restaurants set to delight keen foodies, this is a wonderful urban oasis for discerning travellers.
For Great Value
- La Niche d’Angkor is a simple, affordable hotel with a range of double, twin and triple rooms for budget travellers. Close to the markets and well-placed for exploring Siem Reap on foot. Expect classic interiors with pool views and bathtubs in most rooms.
- Viroth’s Villa offers smart rooms and suites with warm pink and red tones. Rainfall showers and private balconies add to the sense of luxury, although this is a surprsingly affordable property. Guests congregate around the saltwater pool and trendy bar.
- Angkor Village Hotel is made up of a collection of chic, spacious wooden bungalows, each with a private balcony. There's a traditional Cambodian spa, an Asian restaurant and a shared swimming pool. An affordable pick for those dreaming of old-school charm.
- Rambutan Resort is a lively base for fun-loving couples, groups and independent travellers. Centred around a swimming pool with a buzzy bar, this central spot is a favourite amongst party-goers. Rooms channel retro style and have balconies overlooking the pool. It's also very well-priced!
For an apartment or villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or villa we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Siem Reap International Airport, and hop in a taxi to your destination. Many hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pick up in advance.
- If you are comfortable driving in Asia, contact our partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- The weather in Siem Reap is hot and sticky throughout the year. Travel between November and March for slightly cooler temperatures, which make a big difference if you plan to cycle or walk around the Angkor Wat temple complex. September and October are the rainiest months — bring umbrellas if travelling at those times!
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to see the best places to stay in Battambang.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Cambodia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Siem Reap
Best Hotels in Siem Reap
La Niche d'Angkor Siem Reap (Cambodia) 36 rooms from £37Families - Family rooms, babysitting services and child-friendly activities make this a great pick for trips togetherClose to nightlife - Stroll to Pub Street for a lively evening at bustling, backpacker-style hangoutsValue chic - With rooms available at very reasonable rates, this is a great value choiceCycling - Hire bicycles and glide around central Siem Reap as a family
Viroth's Villa Siem Reap (Cambodia) 7 rooms from £49Other Activities - Phare, the Cambodian Circus, is the country's answer to Cirque du Soleil & well worth watching!Sailing - A sunset boat trip on the Tonle Sap Lake is superb; speak to the team to arrange your tripEco break - Energy efficient design and materials, plus solar power make this a great eco choiceValue chic - Very reasonable rates for a chic, modern boutique hotel with a stylish feelRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
More of a boutique hotel than a villa this property is small but perfectly formed. Rooms with private balconies are decorated in pop colours and include modern bathrooms with rainfall showers. There is a pleasant saltwater pool, lounge areas and spa. Dining is simple but delicious Khmer dishes. See More
Rambutan Resort, Siem Reap Siem Reap 16 rooms from £52Local exploring - Enjoying an enviable position in the heart of town, within walking distance of many of Siem Reap's attractions & nightlife spotsLocal markets - Siem Reap's popular Night Market is moments away, perfect for filling your bags with souvenirs and local craftsOther Activities - Famous local eatery Khmer Kitchen is within walking distance, and a great place to kick off an eveningGroups - A lively base for fun-filled group trips, where travellers can meet like-minded visitors
A lively spot with well-priced rooms for fun-loving couples or friends looking to stay centrally. The enticing bar serves signature cocktails, perfect for kicking off a big evenings out. Rooms enjoy private balconies & lively pop colours, some have mezzanines; others huge, outdoor egg-shaped baths. See More
Hillocks Hotel & Spa Siem Reap (Cambodia) 38 rooms from £66Families - Large suites with extra beds make this a top spot for a family holiday, close enough to town & temples to see the best of bothMuseums - Visit Angkor National Museum, housing thousands of artefacts recovered from Angkor Wat and the surrounding areasSpa breaks - The Kravan Spa offers serious relaxation using natural products and ancient healing techniquesGolf - Play a round at Angkor Golf Resort, just a few kilometres awayRecommended by - Tablet
Navutu Dreams Resort and Wellness Retreat Siem Reap 28 rooms from £70Families - Families will adore the flexible suites, three swimming pools and plethoa of activities, including guided cyclesSpa breaks - A rejuvenating wellness retreat with pools, yoga studios and wellness classes galore, as well as a superb spaYoga - A holistic resort with two yoga studios, perfect for dedicated retreats or deepening your practiceCycling - Hop aboard the resort's bikes for guided tours of the area as a family
Angkor Village Hotel Siem Reap (Cambodia) 38 rooms from £77Hideaway - A quieter choice with a more traditional feel, for those seeking a blissful base not far from the temples of AngkorTotal relaxation - Lovely rooms with private balconies & tropical grounds with tranquil water features make this a relaxing baseWildlife Area - Visit the elephants in the Kulen Elephant Forest, a conservation centre at the foot oft he Kulen MountainTheatre - Catch a cultural show at the atmospheric Apsara Theatre, which forms part of the hotelRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This owner-managed owner-designed property is both a chic and tranquil stay. Spacious accommodation comprised of individual wooden bungalows is great for both couples and families. There is a spa offering traditional Cambodian treatments as well as a restaurant serving a variety of Asian dishes. See More
Heritage Suites Hotel Siem Reap 26 rooms from £86Families - Suites have space for extra beds, cots are available and little ones will love the gardens & swimming poolsGreat walks - Speak to the team about fascinating guided tours of nearby temples with resident archaeologistsRomantic Break - Romantic bungalow suites with walled gardens and outdoor showers are gorgeous for couplesBallooning - See the Angkor Wat temples from the air with a breath-taking hot air balloon rideRecommended by - Tablet, I Escape
A colonial townhouse transformed into a chic romantic getaway, with enormous tropical modern-style suites, some of which have private pools or jacuzzis. Light, airy spaces invite couples to relax; extra beds will suit young families. Zip around town in a vintage car, or unwind in the pool & spa. See More
Montra Nivesha Siem Reap (Cambodia) 44 rooms from £91Families - Inter-connecting rooms are perfect for family trips, as is the warm welcome & leafy grounds with swimming poolValue chic - A great-value choice for a stylish stay in Siem Reap, the gateway to the temple of AngkorCooking classes - Cooking classes at a nearby restaurant are a wonderful way to discover Cambodia's rich flavours, which you can recreate at homeSpa - Offers a range of treatments using natural essential oils homemade from locally sourced ingredientsRecommended by - I Escape
A charming boutique offering with traditional interiors featuring dark woods, tiled floors & warm yellow, pink and red textiles. There is a tropical pool bordered by an atmospheric bar and plenty of loungers. Feast on a fabulous blend of Khmer & Western dishes at Reahoo Restaurant. A classic choice. See More
Maison Polanka Siem Reap (North of Wat Polanka) 5 rooms from £102Yoga - Early morning yoga & movement classes are a delight - the hotel also hosts regular retreats for keen yogisTotal relaxation - With regular wellness retreats, organic cuisine and a superb spa, this is a wonderful place to kick backTrekking - Hike 15km into the jungle with an expert guide on the hotel's Kulen Mountains trekGroups - Groups will adore the characterful Garden Cottage or the four-bedroom MaisonRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Maison Polanka enjoys an intimate wooded location just outside the centre of Siem Reap. Boasting traditional Khmer timber houses with spacious light-filled rooms. Make the most of the stunning traditional cuisine or take part in a meditation class. A truly reinvigorating stay! See More
FCC Angkor Siem Reap 80 rooms from £112Foodies - The Mansion Restaurant is a foodies favourite, offering a delectable fusion of Eastern and Western cuisineSights nearby - Visit iconic Angkor Wat, and enjoy a guided tour of the beautiful sandstone temples of Banteay SreiLearning - Delve into Siem Reap's creative scene at L’Artisan D’Angkor, which supports young artistsCity Style - Offering beautiful retro-inspired decor in a popular part of town, this is a hip hotel choiceRecommended by - I Escape
A grand former residence of a French colonial governor given a chic makeover inspired by tropical modernism. Light, airy rooms & suites feature floor-to-ceiling windows, private balconies & big beds topped with dusky pink bedspreads. A foodie favourite, complete with inviting pool and spa. See More
Shinta Mani Angkor & & Bensley Collection Pool Villas Siem Reap (Cambodia) 49 rooms from £122Eco break - The Shinta Mani Foundation has a strong social responsibility programme & impressive eco-initiatives to matchGroups - A brilliant base for lively group trips in a superb setting in central Siem ReapLocal markets - Stroll to the Old Market or to the Angkor Night Market to marvel at vibrant stalls laden with fresh produce, crafts and clothingSights nearby - Sunrise visits to the Angkor temple complex — and to magical Ta Prohm — with one of the hotel's guided are superbRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A swish & stylish base in central Siem Reap, perfect for well-heeled couples or families looking to kick back in slick rooms and villas designed by the acclaimed Bill Bensley. Gorgeous contemporary interiors feature bright colours, geometric prints and a fresh, funky feel. Lively & very cool. See More
Treeline Urban Resort Siem Reap (Cambodia) 48 rooms from £137Foodies - Foodies will adore trendy Romiet or Seed, both of which showcase the hotel's focus on fresh, local, seasonal produceCity Style - A chic urban hotel with cool, contemporary interiors and a stunning rooftop poolGreat walks - Foodie tours of Siem Reap are great fun, with myriad hole-in-the-wall eateries to sample, savouring delicious specialitiesSights nearby - Take guided tours of Beng Mealea and Banteay Srei, perhaps lesser-known than the iconic but touristy Angkor WatRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
A swish, design-led hotel with 48 sophisticated white-on-white rooms & suites. Minimalist style is the perfect backdrop to the hotel's growing modern art collection & regular exhibitions. Fans of contemporary cool will be thrilled by this urban oasis, complete with infinity pool, spa & eateries. See More
Templation Siem Reap 33 rooms from £164Wildlife Area - Take a cruise down the Tatai River with a local conservationist, discovering the area's flora and faunaEco break - A sustainably-minded stay with solar power, vegetal roofs and community outreach initiativesCooking classes - Join the hotel chef for fun-filled cooking classes, honing your knowledge of Khmer flavoursLocal exploring - A luxury hotel offering a relaxing environment for unwinding close to Angkor Wat
An eco luxury hotel located within lush gardens and boasting stunning contemporary design. Minimalist rooms feel Japanese in style and feature enormous bathtubs and outdoor bathrooms. A quiet property to be fully pampered in, ideal after a day spent exploring the surrounding historic sites. See More
Anantara Angkor Resort and Spa Krong Siem Reap 39 rooms from £210Total relaxation - With a traditional Cambodian spa as well as in-room treatments, this is the ultimate relaxing stayFamilies - Family Suites are ideal for trips with little ones, who will also adore the large swimming poolCycling - Hop aboard the hotel's bicycles to discover Siem Reap and the temples of Angkor on two wheelsLearning - Delve into local history at the Cambodian Cultural VillageRecommended by - Tablet
Anantara is known for its equal parts romantic and relaxing getaways: and this property is no exception. Sumptuous rooms feature private terraces with the sound of running water all around. Ambient lighting and parquet flooring creates a classic feel. There is a large pool, spa and elegant dining. See More
Belmond La Residence d'Angkor Siem Reap 69 rooms from £183Learning - Learn about Cambodia's troubled past at the Cambodian Landmine Museum, or see stonemasons at work at Artisans d’AngkorRomantic Break - Big bathtubs, charming traditional rooms and a friendly vibe make this a relaxed, romantic spotSpa breaks - Traditional treatments and an atmospheric spa make this a top spot for a rejuvenating retreatClose to nightlife - Just a ten minute walk to the buzzy heart of Siem Reap's bars and nightlife areaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
With a great sense of intimacy, and using traditional Cambodian elements in a modern way throughout the rooms, spa and dining menu, Belmond offers the best of both worlds. Come to the Residence d’Angkor for the serenity, comfort and glamour. Stay for the happy hour, pool and Khmer style See More
Sala Lodges Siem Reap 11 rooms from £242Local markets - The 'Made in Cambodia market' is great for picking up curios and honing your haggling skillsFamilies - Private villas, babysitting services & heaps of activities make this a top family choiceRomantic Break - Couples will adore the historic houses with private terraces and romantic guest roomsLearning - Stroll to the Angkor National Museum, just a 15 minute walk away
Sala Lodges stands out with its stylish approach to Cambodia’s architectural heritage. The saltwater pool, outstanding on-site restaurant and lovingly maintained traditional Khmer homes are seductive reasons to stay put – even with the world-renowned Angkor Wat a short drive away. See More
The Beige Siem Reap (Angkor Thom) 8 rooms from £264Total relaxation - A tranquil riverside setting, soothing spa and yoga facilities make this a wonderfully romantic spot to relaxSights nearby - Explore the ancient temple complex of Angkor Wat with the help of your private Jeep and expert driverHideaway - A tented retreat in a stunning rural setting, perfect for hiding away in absolute blissYoga - Stretch out with a rejuvinating yoga class on a platform in the hotel's lush gardensRecommended by - Tablet
A luxury tented camp set by a peaceful river. Despite the illusion of seclusion, bustling Siem Reap and the mighty Angkor Wat are just moments away. A yoga platform, glorious infinity pool and spa tent cover all areas of relaxation. Topped off by the organic restaurant, this is hard to beat. See More
Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor Siem Reap (Cambodia) 119 rooms from £211Romantic Break - Achingly stylish rooms complete with four poster beds, private balconies and roll top baths will delight couplesMuseums - Discover Cambodia's past at the Angkor National Museum or the sobering Cambodia Landmine MuseumCity Style - A beautiful city landmark, offering an opulent base for well-heeled travellersTennis - Play a game of tennis with family and friends on one of the resort's courtsRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
A historic hotel that has seen many a famous face and dignitary pass through its doors. Rooms are decorated in a French art-deco style with polished wood, roll-top baths and private balconies overlooking the pool. With 15 acres of landscaped gardens and tennis courts there is plenty to enjoy. See More
Phum Baitang Siem Reap (Sangkat Svaydangkum) 49 rooms from £275Romantic Break - Romantic villas are ideal for couples dreaming of spa afternoons and candlelit dinners after mornings of exploringFamilies - With private villas and pools, plus a kids club and babysitting services, this is a top spot for a family holidayOther Activities - Take to the skies to fly above the Angkor temple complex on a private helicopter tourTrekking - Go hiking amidst the rivers and forests of Phnom Kulen National ParkRecommended by - I Escape
If it’s good enough for Angelina, it’s good enough for us – Phum Baitang’s A-list approach to luxury integrates drool-worthy design within a spectacular ‘green village’ concept. The 45 hardwood villas are wonderfully characterful and relaxing, perfect for unwinding in rural tranquility. See More
Jaya House River Park Siem Reap Slor Kram Commune 36 rooms from £238Cooking classes - Join the chefs in the kitchen to how to cook traditional Khmer cuisine, which is famously rich in flavourLocal exploring - An ideal base for exploring the great wonder that is Angkor Wat, and for seeing lively Siem ReapOther Activities - Visit local fishing villages to see houses built on stilts and to discover traditional cultureCity Style - A stylish city hotel with all the mod-cons for a hugely chic, romantic stay
A luxurious retreat just a 10 minute tuk tuk ride from the Angkor temples. Contemporary design throughout sees white-washed walls, clean lines and perfectly placed modern art. Come for the hanging jungle pool courtyard, stay for the divine spa and excellent service to unwind from temple-hopping. See More
Amansara Siem Reap 24 rooms from £676Romantic Break - Gorgeous, romantic rooms with huge bathrooms, private patios & plunge pools, as well as an indulgent spaSights nearby - The hotel organises private tours of the Angkor Wat temples by remorque (moped powered trishaw).Spa breaks - Aman's famously fabulous spas take relaxation to the next level: this spot is no differentMuseums - Discover the Angkor National Museum on a private tour with curator Ven SophornRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
A design lover's dream. Minimalist sixties chic with muted tones but oodles of style. All rooms are palatial with private courtyards, some with private pools. If not you've two more to choose from plus an indulgent spa. Dine on modern Khymer dishes and European cuisine. Aman pilgrims will love. See More