Search the best hotels in Edmonton
Often a stopover for travellers heading towards Jasper National Park, Edmonton is both Alberta's capital city and its business hub -- but this burgeoning metropolis has a lot more to offer. With a buzzing annual Fringe Festival, the largest urban parkland in North America and a lively food and cultural scene, Edmonton is a wonderfully appealing city to visit. Many of the best places to stay in Edmonton are private apartments catering to a range of budgets, but our top pick is a chic boutique hotel in the city centre.
The North Saskatchewan River snakes through Edmonton, and its banks are bordered by a green belt of parkland, wild areas, lakes and bridges, ideal for strolling, picnicking, running or cycling. With almost 100 miles of trails to follow, there's heaps for nature lovers to see and do in the area. Golfers will find multiple courses to play and the Edmonton Valley Zoo will prove popular with families, whilst the botanical gardens of the Muttart Conservatory promise verdant delights aplenty.
Easily accessible from the downtown area, the river splits the city in half. Stay in the north for the commerical district, and many of the city's big cultural attractions -- including the Royal Alberta Museum and the Art Gallery of Alberta. For the ultimate Edmonton sporting experience, catch the Edmonton Oilers on the ice at the impressive Roger's Place arena. If there's one thing Canadians go wild for, it has to be ice hockey! On the southern side of the water, you'll find the bustling university district and trendy Whtye Avenue, lined with little theatres, cinemas and eateries. Whether you're into late-night comedy, old movies in art-deco cinemas, live music in crowded bars or edgy plays, this is the place for a fun night out.
Beyond the city limits, there are outdoor adventures to be had, as well as stacks of interesting places to visit, including the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village, Elk Island National Park and countless picturesque lakes. Be it world-class ice hockey, the Edmonton Fringe Festival or the Taste of Edmonton foodie extravaganza that have drawn you to the city, the best places to stay in Edmonton promise a characterful spot to unwind in style after big days and evenings of discovery.
The Best Places to Stay in Edmonton
For boutique luxury
- Union Bank Inn boasts forty lavish rooms and suites in the historic Union Bank of Canada Building. Pick this place for its excellent location and classic, luxurious feel, perfect for couples or business travellers. Don't miss the chance to savour superb fare at Madison's Grill, the hotel's acclaimed bistro. Also a fantastic setting for private events!
For an apartment or holiday cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Edmonton International Airport, and hop aboard a bus or take a taxi into the centre of town. The journey should take around 30 minutes.
- Alberta's many highlights are most easily reached by road. Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between May and September for warmer temperatures -- ideal for hiking -- or visit between November and March if you're keen to ski in the Rockies, but do brace yourself for bitterly cold weather. Edmonton is most popular in the summer, when it plays host to lively festivals. Book your stay well in advance to avoid missing out!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Calgary.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Alberta.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Edmonton
Best Hotels in Edmonton
Union Bank Inn T5J 1S5 Edmonton 40 rooms from £108City Style - Located in downtown Edmonton, the hotel is perfect for exploring the city's hotspots and art eventsBusiness meetings - The hotel is situated just near to the Financial District, perfect for corporate tripsBoutique
A luxury boutique hotel in a prime location in Edmonton between the arts, financial and ICE districts. Rooms are comfortable with four-poster beds and marble bathrooms. The fine dining at Madisons grill is standout with exemplary dishes and cocktails. A perfect choice for a city break. See More