Search the best hotels in Barbados
Long popular with travellers from across the globe, Barbados is one of the Caribbean’s most famous islands. Featuring a fascinating history and culture, as well as a strong British influence, the island boasts a wide array of fabulous hotels and resorts fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Barbados are set right on the beach — perfect for long, laid-back days of sea swims and sunbathing on striking white sands.
Some of our Barbados Collections:
- The Best Luxury Hotels in Barbados
- The Best Hotels in Barbados for Families
- Best Hotels in Barbados for Couples
- The Best All Inclusive Hotels in Barbados
- The Best Honeymoon Hotels on Barbados
Bridgetown, the island’s capital, brims with colonial charm and has a lively, cosmopolitan vibe. Stroll the historic streets of the UNESCO-listed downtown area on foot to spot heritage buildings, nip into the boutiques of Broad St and Swan St for fantastic shopping, or kick back in a relaxed bar for a rum punch or three. Highlights for culture aficionados include the Parliament Buildings, the Mount Gay Rum Distillery and the Sunbury Plantation House, just 20 minutes from town. Catch a cricket match at the Kensington Oval if you can — this is a seriously special way to experience Caribbean culture! The island’s other major centre is the fishing town of Oistins, where you can savour superb pepper pot and flying fish at the vibrant Fish-Fry on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Most of our top hotel recommendations sit along Barbados' western side. Known as the Platinum Coast, this is the heart of the social scene, with chic restaurants, bars and cafés aplenty. There are some lavish beach resorts in the area, as well as more low-key options, which tend to be slightly inland. The island's gorgeous beaches are public, however, so there are always stacks of opportunities for reef diving, snorkelling, sailing and water sports. Trendy Paynes Bay is a particular favourite with snorkellers, whilst St James — at the bay’s southern end — boasts a great fish market and some excellent restaurants.
The island’s interior, on the other hand, is a lush wilderness of jungles, caves and waterfalls, wonderful for hiking, wildlife-spotting and heritage explorations. If it’s tranquility and seclusion that you’re after, head east to the friendly fishing village of Bathsheba, where there are more remote seaside hideaways. Whether you’re into world-class golf, beautiful beaches or terrific cricket, this is one of the Caribbean’s top destinations. Book your trip well in advance to guarantee a room at one of the best places to stay in Barbados!
The Best places to stay in Barbados
For Luxurious Opulence
- Sandy Lane has been a big name in honeymoons and special stays since it opened in 1961. This classic beach resort features 96 lavish rooms and suites, a palatial spa — one of the best in the region — tennis courts, a pool with its own waterfall, and three golf courses. Set within manicured gardens, offering fabulous food and great kids' facilities, this is a luxurious pick for couples or families looking to unwind in style.
- Saint Peter’s Bay offers a collection of sophisticated one to three-bedroom villas overlooking leafy gardens, lagoon-style pools and the Platinum Coast beyond. For families, couples or groups eager to book their own private villa whilst enjoyng a whole host of activities — including water sports, a spa & fitness centre and gourmet eateries — this place is tough to beat. A lovely balance of impressive private residences and epic resort facilities.
- Coral Reef Club is a classic honeymoon paradise, with 88 rooms, suites and cottages dotted amidst 12 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, set right alongside the sand. Think plantation-style opulence, with a creamy palette, pale wooden furnishings and gorgeous views. Kick back at the spa, play a game of tennis, try your hand at water sports or indulge in gourmet feasts. Glorious.
- The House is an intimate beachfront property with 34 contemporary suites on a superb stretch of white sandy beach. The bright, fresh feel is particularly appealing - as are the generous marble bathrooms. Hit the gym or the soothing spa, savour delectable dishes at the modern Italian restaurant, and spend your days out on the water. The complimentary jet-lag massages are a great touch!
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion is a recently renovated beach resort with clean, crisp lines and modern, white-on-white decor. The 72 sea-facing rooms and suites feature private terraces and direct beach access, and come highly recommended for an elegant honeymoon stay. There's a pool, tennis courts, spa and lots to see and do, as well as a couple of larger villas for groups or families. A cool, contemporary resort for sophisticated couples.
- Treasure Beach is an elegant, adults-only pick with 35 expansive suites, some of which feature private plunge pools. Set on Paynes Bay, this is a great spot for sunbathing, swimming and water sports. The hotel also includes a gym and a spa, as well as stacks of opportunities for romantic private dining, and fascinating excursions to destinations all over the island. Art tours are a highlight! A lovely couples' hotel in a trendy location.
- Little Arches features ten guestrooms with terracotta floors and wrought-iron furniture in Oistins. Just 150 yards from a secluded sandy beach, this adults-only pad also boasts a romantic rooftop restaurant. Book a room with a plunge pool for total bliss. An affordable boutique stay for couples and foodies.
- Colony Club promises impeccable service and classic, elegant decor in seven acres of lush gardens on the west coast. Families are welcome — there are babysitting services — but the resort is an appealing couples' choice, with a strong wellness focus, couples' spa treatments, sunset sailing trips and private beach dining. Romantic indulgence for those dreaming of an old-school Caribbean retreat.
- Cobbler's Cove is an enchanting resort with 40 pastel and vintage-styled suites, evoking a laid-back English country club. There are good family-friendly room options, a kids club, cricket academy for young players, tennis courts and terrific snorkelling. The beach is beautiful and the restaurant serves superb international cuisine. One of the most beautiful hotels in Barbados.
- The Sandpiper promises 48 spacious, sophisticated rooms and suites with stacks of space for the whole family. The excellent children's programme includes sailing, snorkelling and paddle boarding; tennis lessons with the resident pro are a big plus, and the west coast beach is idyllic. Boutique bliss for the whole family.
- Turtle Beach is a fabulous family resort, with 150 rooms and suites on the south coast. Pick this place for the wide array of activities, separate kids' pool, the excellent Flying Fish Kids Club, and clubs and classes galore. Also well-placed for exploring Oistins! A family favourite.
- Tamarind is a bright beachfront oasis with 104 rooms and suites facing the main pool or the sea. A fantastic pick for active families, this all-inclusive resort boasts a terrific array of activities — from water sports to beach volleyball, yoga, horse riding and cave explorations. The kids club is great, too! Modern luxury for all ages.
- Crystal Cove is an all-inclusive west coast beach resort, with 88 colourful rooms and suites, perfect for a lavish Caribbean escape. This funky resort is family-friendly and offers a complimentary kids club, whilst the romantic vibe is well-suited to weddings and honeymoons, too. There's a plethora of activities, and a fun evening atmosphere — including in the quirky cave bar!
- Lone Star has become a Platinum Coast classic, with six luxurious rooms and suites and a fabulous restaurant nestled in a renovated Texaco Garage. Think chic, white-on-white interiors, spacious verandahs with striking sea views, direct beach access and one of the best eateries on the island. A romantic boutique pad for foodies. The Yellowfin Tuna Tartare is a favourite!
- Little Good Harbour offers twenty rooms, suites and villas with bamboo furniture, green-painted shutters and generous sea-facing terraces. A welcoming, family-run pick, the hotel also features an outdoor pool and a spa, as well as easy access to heaps of water sports. Families, couples and groups will adore the laid-back vibe. The real standout is The Fish Pot restaurant, specialising in fresh seafood and Caribbean-inspired dishes in a pretty beachside setting. Seriously popular with foodies.
- Royal Westmoreland in St. James is a collection of luxurious apartments and villas — some with sea views, others with swimming pools — right on the golf course. Expect elegant decor, light, airy spaces and a range of options for larger families or groups. The main attraction is, of course, the world-class golf, but the onsite spa, tennis courts and restaurant, set within verdant gardens, are also very appealing. Complimentary transfers to the exclusive club at Mullins Beach are a lovely touch!
For Great Value
- ECO Lifestlye + Lodge is a superb collection of ten studios, suites and apartments near Bathsheba, with a strong eco ethos. Expect modern bohemian style — linen, earthy tones and natural materials — as well as spectacular coastal views and a vibrant eatery using fresh, seasonal ingredients. Activities include yoga, paddle boarding and surfing. Children over the age of 12 are welcome, and rooms can be connected for groups of friends or families. Relaxed, romantic and very well-priced.
- Atlantis Historic Inn is set in a 200-year-old property on the east coast. Pick this place for its heritage charm, tranquil feel and great surf. The ten rooms and cottages are lovely, with antique pieces and space for families, whilst there's also an inviting pool and a restaurant famed for its Bajan barbecues. Excellent value for an off-the-beaten-track stay.
- Gibbs Glade is a simple self-catering property on the Platinum Coast. Well-suited to large families or groups, this affordable pick features a swimming pool, barbecue area, fully-equipped kitchen and a selection of double and twin rooms. Low-key charm with everything from beaches to bars within walking distance.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Grantley Adams International Airport, just 13km outside Bridgetown. Hop into a minibus across the road from the main terminal if you're heading into town, or take a taxi to your destination. Most hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pickup in advance.
- There's so much to see in Barbados! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between November and mid-April for warm, dry weather. The hurricane season — July to November — is best avoided.
STILL NOT SURE?
- You could refine your list to just the best hotels in Barbados for families? or the best hotels in Barbados for couples? or the best all inclusive hotels in Barbados?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Barbados
Best Hotels in Barbados
Gibbs Glade Saint Peter, Barbados 4 rooms from £83Local exploring - This guesthouse is an easy stroll from local bars and beaches, perfect for exploring on the west coast of BarbadosRomantic Break - Couples love the cosy cabin suite and the guesthouse's proximity to local bars and restaurantsFamilies - Book the cottage for a verandah and separate living room, plus a child's bedroomGreat walks - Stroll along the west coast of the island and discover Gibbs Beach, a sandy beach with clear, warm water and gracious palms
This charming guesthouse is located on the Platinum West Coast of Barbados. Choose from a range of cosy, self-contained accommodation with homely soft furnishings and self-catering facilities; book the cottage for family-sized living space. Unwind by the pool before a barbecue; a chic island stay. See More
Sweetfield Manor Bridgetown, Barbados 10 rooms from £89Total relaxation - Tropical base from which to either explore the island's cultural sites, hit the beach or simply relax in beautiful surroundingsValue chic - A complete steal considering the history, quality, design, amenities and facilities availableLocal exploring - Situated within the island's upper Garrison Historic Site - a UNESCO World Heritage SiteRomantic Break - Lofty four-poster beds in well-appointed rooms have been designed with couples in mind
Charming boutique hotel set in a late 19th-century colonial manor. White-washed rooms, with mahogany furniture and colourful contemporary touches, are spread over the main house, courtyard & cottage villa. The lagoon pool, leafy gardens & courtyard restaurant create a wonderful homely ambience. See More
ECO Lifestyle + Lodge Saint Joseph, Barbados 10 rooms from £116Beach Life - Crane beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Bring a picnic from the ECO Pantry, a cooler of drinks and enjoyGroups - The upstairs rooms can be converted into one big apartment with full kitchen and enormous terraceValue chicEco
An intimate eco-boutique hotel located on the idyllic East Coast of Barbados. 10 rooms designed in a modern bohemian style with up-cycled antique furnishings and local Barbidan artworks. Enjoy organic and sustainable plant-based fare. Relax in the saltwater hot-tubs with a cocktail. Sustainable chic See More
Little Arches Barbados 10 rooms from £168Romantic Break - Very secluded white sand beach 150 yards away, sailing trips, snorkelling and private terracesSights nearby - South Point Lighthouse and very close to Oistins Fish Fry (a must-visit on a Friday night).Sailing - Charters can be organised by the hotelViews - Great views from hotel
Romantic hotel just across from the beach. The rooms feature wrought-iron furniture, lovely bathrooms and terracotta floors. Some with private plunge pools. Outdoor pool, spa and quick walk to the beach. Great Caribbean and Asian cuisine. Tropical, quiet, enchanting and affordable! See More
Atlantis Hotel Barbados 10 rooms from £199Hideaway - Close to Bath beach on the East Coast, where you are likely to be the only people, set amongst trees in a quaint fishing villageSights nearby - The Andromeda Botanical Gardens and St. Nicholas Abbey are located nearbySurfing - Soup Bowl in Bathsheba Bay is ideal for experienced surfersSailing - Catamaran cruisesRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors
Gorgeous oceanfront hotel. The rooms are filled with driftwood furniture, antiques and nautical-chic finishes. Most with ocean views. Outdoor pool and flower-filled gardens. Excellent Bajan cuisine and elegant dark wood bar. Peaceful, quirky and with sensational views of the surf. See More
Royal Westmoreland St. James, Barbados from £210Active Holiday - Situated on the golf course, with beach and pool available, it is the perfect spot to enjoy the best of Barbadian sportsGolf - Par 72 championship golf course. Accommodation is minutes from the courseSailing - Silver Moon Catamaran’s Deluxe day cruiseTennis - Two courts onsite
Stunning apartments and villas on the golf course. Bedrooms are elegant with mahogany furniture, coral stone features and some with private pools. Outdoor infinity pool, manicured gardens, beach shuttles and spa. Excellent restaurant in the complex. Traditional, luxurious and peaceful. See More
Treasure Beach St. James, Barbados 35 rooms from £289Romantic Break - Chic and romantic ambience, spa treatments, sailing trips and beach picnicsRestaurant - Kathy's Restaurant is award winning and produces delicious food from locally sourced ingredientsRestrictions on children - No children under 12 between Jan 12 and March 15.Diving - Trips to dive on the reefs can be arranged
The Tamarind St. James, Barbados 104 rooms from £326Romantic Break - Adults only pool, couples activities such as horse riding, catamaran cruise, white sand beach picnics and spa treatmentsFamilies - Flying Fish Kids Club and Club Tamarind teen loungeSwimming Pool - Three outdoor poolsSights nearby - St Nicholas Abbey
Little Good Harbour St Peter, Barbados 20 rooms from £340Foodies - Superb restaurant "The Fish Pot"Surfing - Ken Mayers, the in-house surfing instructer has a wealth of experience of the island's surf breaksLocal markets - Buy from local fisherman on Fridays and cook up yourself in the kitchenDiving - Reefers & Wreckers offer profesional diving experiencesRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors
Colony Club Barbados 62 rooms from £347Families - Plenty of activities for children. Kids' club, as well as experienced child care and child-friendly diningRomantic Break - Champagne breakfasts, private beach dinners, couples spa treatments and sunset sailing cruisesSwimming Pool - Four fresh water swimming pools. One is adults onlyTennis - Equipment is complimentary from hotelRecommended by - Fodors
Stunning hotel in seven acres of lush gardens. Elegant rooms have cream furniture, four posters and large terraces. Four lagoon-style outdoor pools, complimentary watersports, gym and spa treatments. Excellent Italian and seafood cuisine in restaurants. Understated style and superb service. See More
Cobbler's Cove St Peter, Barbados 40 rooms from £386Families - Cricket academy for children, kids club, snorkelling, tennis and family sized suitesTotal relaxation - Enjoy the Sea Moon Spa, private beach, short bicycle rides and luxury diningSailing - Less experienced sailors will enjoy it to the fullest with tuition from the Water Sports teamFishing - Deep sea fishing: likely to catch Barracuda, Tuna, Wahoo and Blue and White MarlinRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Enchanting 5* beachfront resort. The rooms feature white furniture, four posters, enormous bathrooms and balconies facing the sea or lush gardens. Outdoor pool, private beach, tennis courts and spa. Outstanding Barbadian and international cuisine at the restaurant. Elegant, exquisite and relaxed. See More
Lone Star Mount Standfast, Barbados 6 rooms from £386Foodies - The restaurant at Lone Star has a reputation as the "Ivy of the Caribbean"Restaurant - Fabulous restaurant with terrace overlooking a pristine beach specialising in European dishes with a Caribbean twistSpa - There is no spa per se, but the hotel will organise any treatments you wish to be taken in the privacy of your roomSeaside - Stunning ocean views
A stunning restaurant with rooms on Barbados's west coast, overlooking a pristine sandy beach. With just six rooms this is an intimate, luxurious stay where the ethos is pampering to the max! The excellent restaurant has reputation as "The Ivy of the Caribbean". Unmissable! See More
Royal Pavilion Barbados 75 rooms from £389Beach Life - Set within Glitter Bay beach, all watersports are at your disposal, as well as pools and sailing tripsFamilies - Superb children's club with variety of age-suitable fun, family suites and dinner options for everyoneTennis - Lessons and coaching availableRestrictions on children - Children welcome April-OctoberRecommended by - Fodors
The Sandpiper St. James, Barbados 50 rooms from £391Families - Excellent children's programme including sailing, paddle boarding and snorkelling. Child-friendly menuActive Holiday - Specialises in watersports; all non motorized are complimentary and everything else can be arrangedGreat walks - Beautiful gardens to exploreViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Fodors, Small Luxury Hotels
Coral Reef Club Barbados 88 rooms from £414Romantic Break - A romantic retreat set on 12 acres of colourful tropical gardens and powder white sand beach with luxury spa and fine dining.Families - Plenty of activities to keep the kids entertained, plus a playground and babysitting services are on offer.Tennis - Take advantage of the complimentary coaching for adults and children with the resident pro, on the two floodlit courts.Diving - Make the most of the crystal clear waters and take a scuba course in the on site PADI certified diving school.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Fodors
Turtle Beach Christ Church, Barbados 164 rooms from £460Families - Dedicated kids' club, large family suites, adult activities and family friendly diningSwimming Pool - Two fresh water outdoor pools and separate children's splash poolCooking classes - Free demonstrations and classes.Tennis - Courts and equipment availableRecommended by - Fodors
Crystal Cove St. James, Barbados 88 rooms from £464Active Holiday - A plethora of complimentary watersports, riding, tennis and local sightseeingFamilies - Kids' club with organised activitiesCooking classes - Free cookery demonstrations and classesTennis - Floodlit courts in the groundsRecommended by - Fodors
Characterful beach front, family friendly, all inclusive hotel. Colourful rooms feature artworks, large bathrooms and terraces with hammocks. Three outdoor lagoon pools with waterfall bar, gym, tennis courts and spa treatments. Fantastic cuisine in both restaurants. Spacious, buzzy and idyllic. See More
Saint Peter’s Bay Barbados from £546Spa - Sandbox Tree Spa at sister resort, Port Ferdinand, offers a wide range of relaxing treatmentsRestaurant - There are various options from fine dining to more casual venuesPrivate Hot Tub - Some villas have terraces with private hot tubFishing - Deep sea fishing excursions can be arranged.
Family friendly beach resort on Barbados's Platinum Coast. One, two or three bed villas are spacious and luxurious, done in a traditionally Caribbean style, all with private terrace and hot tub! Superb onsite facilities: water sports, choice of restaurants and spa. A Caribbean crowd pleaser! See More
The House St. James, Barbados 34 rooms from £597Honeymoons - Champagne breakfasts, personalised service, couples spa treatments, white sand beaches & private beach dinnersFoodies - Daphne's is one of Barbados' top restaurantsViews - Ocean or tropical garden view suitesSights nearby - St. Nicholas AbbeyRecommended by - Fodors
Sandy Lane Barbados 96 rooms from £851Families - Large suites are ideal for families; Treehouse kids club, complimentary watersports and swimmingHoneymoons - Romaneqsue spa, sublime beach service, watersports, sailing trips and so much more!Kids Club - Fully staffed.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Fodors
Opulent 5* hotel on the beach. Romantic bedrooms feature marble bathrooms, chandeliers and extensive technology systems. Outdoor pool with waterfall, palatial spa, three golf courses, tennis courts and manicured gardens. Sublime cuisine in the restaurants. Luxurious, spacious and slick. See More