- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Cat Island
About Cat Island
Called Cat, this island actually looks more like a narrow boot, a bit like Italy, but much thinner and with a flat heel. As well as being known for its beaches, Cat Island boasts the Bahama's highest mountain, Mount Alvernia at 206ft - which is topped by one of the world's most scenic monasteries. The best places to stay on Cat Island are the small collection of beachfront hideaways - this is a great place to come to escape and relax.
What not to miss
Aside from taking a quick trip up the mountain (which is well worth the effort to see the beautiful, hand-made hermitage), Cat Island's highlights are:
- The 'Boiling Hole' a clear lake with odd tidal conditions which cause strange burps and bubbles and lead to stories of this being the home of a sea monster! This is also a great place for seeing baby sharks and stingrays;
- The underwater caves and channels starting at the Big Blue Hole.
The best places to stay in Cat Island are great for exploring and relaxing within this Caribean paradise!
The best places to stay on Cat Island
For Great Value
The Greenwood Beach Resort is a lushly pretty beachfront hotel with 18 tropical style rooms and plenty of charm. Secluded, idyllic and great value, this resort also has a great little restaurant serving local specialities and a friendly beach bar.
For an apartment or holiday villa
- If you think that you'd prefer a self catering optkn, check out the range with our online partner, Booking.com.
- Cat Island has two airports - Arthur's Town (to the north of the island) and New Bight Airport. Sky Bahamas flies to both these destinations from Nassau.
- Cat Island enjoys warm year round temperatures with the average daily high around 25-30 degrees celcius. However during the summer months you'll experience high humidity and increased rainfall - you can expect short sharp showers. Hurricane season offically runs from June to November.
- If wish to hire a car to get out and about exploring, visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in the Bahamas.
- or the entire Caribbean
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Cat Island
Fernandez Bay Village 18 rooms from £195Bahamas
Charming beach front cottages. Interiors are full of character with stone walls, tiled floors and bamboo furniture, large private patios. Beach access, garden, popular tiki bar and good international cuisine from the restaurant. Family friendly, pretty and quiet.Families - Villas are ideal for families, with big modern kitchens, spacious living rooms, plenty of bedrooms and garden spaceFishing - The waters surrounding Cat Island are home to a variety of blue water game fish, including, but not limited to, Wahoo, Mahi MahiSailing - Thirteen foot Boston Whalers can be rented without a captain for exploring nearby beachesSights nearby - The legends surrounding the Blue Holes of Cat Island make them a curious attractionRecommended by - Fodors
Greenwood Beach Resort 18 rooms from £100Bahamas
Pretty beachfront hotel. Rooms are spread across the gardens, and interiors are decorated with princess-net beds, bamboo furniture and patios. Outdoor pool, direct beach access and games room. Restaurant serving local cuisine and beach front bar. Secluded, idyllic and good value.Hideaway - 8 miles of almost empty beach on the doorstep, low key atmosphere, hammocks and pool to cool offDiving - More than twelve miles of unlimited wall diving sites along the southern coast aloneSights nearby - Port Howe and Bains Town, only 10 to 30 minutes away from the resortKayaking - Complimentary hotel kayaksRecommended by - Fodors
Orange Creek Inn 16 rooms from £69Cat Island, Bahamas
No frills beachfront apartments with stunning views. Interiors are simple but provide kitchens and dining areas plus laundry facilities & an ice machine. Direct beach access, games room and grocery store. Superb value and very quiet.Beach Life - Quiet beach on the doorstep, lush bird-filled gardens, relaxed atmosphere and friendly serviceFishing - Hotel can arrange salt-water fishing tripsLocal markets - Local traditional straw marketGreat walks - Blue Hole and Port Royal Beach