- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Cuba
Cuba is one of the last vestiges of an old world nearly forgotten by our age of technology and consumerism. The island is full of dilapidated dignity with crumbling grandeur pointing to a historic past and heritage. One of the world's last remaining Marxist-Leninist states, Cuba brims with character and charm. Mixing magnificent cities like Havanna with stunning natural surroundings, Cuba is perfect for exploring. Our selection of the best places to stay in Cuba blends the old with the new, ranging from plush beachside resorts to decadent old palaces.
Things not to miss
- Havana is like a treasure chest for any traveller with so much to do and see. Rumble through the streets of old Havana, visit the Necropolis Cristobal Colon, the Museo de la Revolucion and generally just absorb the fascinating atmosphere of this magical city.
- Visit the UNESCO Castillo de San Pedro de la Rocco del Morro, a stunning fort near Santiago.
- If you are in search of beaches head for Cayo Largo's Playa Sirena with powdery white sands.
- Cuba rewards people who go off the beaten track, so why not try a hiking trip on one of the country's famous revolutionary trails such as Vinales.
- If climbing is your thing, don't miss out on ascending Cuba's tallest mountain, Piqo Turcino with it's relentlessly steep path and abundant natural beauty.
- Cuba has some great dive spots such as Cayo Levisa and Maria la Gorda.
Any trip to Cuba is always an adventure. Our selection of the best places to stay in Cuba are perfect launchpads for such an adventure.
The best places to stay in Cuba
For Havana Grandeur
- Set in a beautiful colonial mansion on a central plaza, Santa Isabel embodies Cuba's rich history and heritage. Lovely bedrooms feature classical arches and balconies that boast stunning city vistas. A real Cuban charmer.
- Palacio Marques Felipe is the former residence of an aristocrat in the 18th century. Modern renovations have seen the development of comfortable suites and rooms with some featuring private hot tubs.
- Hotel Nacional de Cuba feels like stepping back in time to the glitz and glamour that surrounded Cuba in the early 20th century. With a history of hosting illustrious guests like Frank Sinatra and Walt Disney, this throwback features plush rooms and an atmospheric music hall. Ideal for those looking to unlock Hemmingway's Cuba.
- Quite simply Cuba's most famous hotel, the Saratoga typifies the island's decadent charm. Plush rooms, a stunning roof bar, exquisite lobster restaurant and an old-fashioned Cuban cocktail bar are just a few of the things that make this hotel so special.
For historic Trinidad
- Enjoy a mojito and relax at the decadent Iberostar - Grand Hotel Trinidad. This adults only hotel boasts elegant rooms and an excellent restaurant. Ideal for exploring Trinidad and its rich colonial past.
For beach relaxation
- Melia Jardines Del Rey is a stunning, modern resort in Cayo Coco. With restaurants varying from Italian to Japanese, smart rooms and an unbeatable beach location. This hotel is perfect for those looking for an indulgent holiday by the sea.
For an apartment or beach house
- Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- Jose Marti International Airport is the main hub for flights to Cuba.
- For those looking for car hire, visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
- To escape the summer storms, visit Cuba from December to April.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of the best places to stay in Cuba.
- Alternatively broaden the net and look through our list of the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Cuba
Santa Isabel 27 rooms from $96Havana
A stunning colonial mansion set in a privileged location on a plaza. Sweeping marble staircases, classical facades, balconies, and a charming Spanish courtyard. Romantic bedrooms and suites have antique furniture, stunning city scapes from the rooftop, and an excellent restaurant.Romantic Break - Sweeping marble staircases, charming balconies, and colonial chic rooms or suites.Roof terrace - Magnificent views over the plaza from the rooftop.Air conditioningTraditional - A stunning 18th century mansion turned boutique hotel.
Palacio Marques Felipe 27 rooms from $99Havana
A colonial 18th century building with stature, previously an aristocratic residence. A classical facade with contemporary interiors. Rooms and suites are simple, some have hot tubs and DVD players. Stunning views over the city from the rooftop terrace. Well positioned in the Old Town, good value.Roof terrace - Spectacular views over the city.Value chicOutstanding location - Fantastically located on the Plaza San Francisco in the heart of Old Havana.Private Hot Tub - The best rooms have hot tubs and DVD players.
Iberostar - Grand Hotel Trinidad 36 rooms from $135Sancti Spiritus,, Cuba
A large colonial luxury hotel in the heart of the historic city of Trinidad. Absorb the Cuban charm and friendly atmosphere whilst sipping mojitos in grand style. For adults only, elegant rooms and suites have all modern amenities and some of the suites have balconies overlooking the pools.Restrictions on children - Over 15 years onlySwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Meliá Jardines del Rey 1176 rooms from $153Cayo Coco, Cuba
All inclusive, beachside resort in Cayo Coco. Rooms are colourful, modern and ideal for families. There are plenty of restaurants, form Japanese to Italian - something for the fussiest of eaters - plus an array of activities. There is also an idyllic strand of private beach offering water sports.On the beach - Located on Cayo Coco Beach.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Spa
Hotel Nacional de Cuba 362 rooms from $221Havana
A bastion of the former days of Cuban sophistication this hotel is awash with old school glamour. Classy, spacious bedrooms are decorated in antique furnishing and dark woods. There is an impressive museum and sitting room. Lovely gardens overlook Malecón sea front.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorFull of characterTraditional
Saratoga 96 rooms from $372Havana (esquina a Dragones,)
The most iconic hotel on the island. Typical Cuban style with its classical facade and heightened grandeur, blended with contemporary design for chic effect. Roof top pool with unrivalled views over Havana, lobster restaurant and Cuban cocktail bar, and spa services. Romance, heritage, and style.Roof terrace - Fabulous roof top with pool and stunning views.Chic - The chicest hotel on the island.Views - From the roof top.Luxury