Search the best hotels in Cuba
Elegant, slightly dilapidated, unique and unexpected, Cuba makes for a fascinating holiday destination. Vibrant Havana is magnificent, the white sands of the coast feel like they’ve hardly changed since the days when pirates hid their treasure on the island’s shores, and the interior is still wild. Think abandoned coffee plantations edged with crocodile-infested swamps on one side, and rugged mountains on the other — with charming colonial-era towns dotted on the fringes. Accommodation around the island varies incredibly; you'll find boutique B&Bs, Grand Dame properties in Havana, beach resorts and much more. Most of the best places to stay in Cuba are in Havana, perfect for kicking off your explorations in style from the northern part of the island.
Journey to Santiago de Cuba — from where Fidel Castro launched his revolution — for gorgeous architecture and lots of history, as well as a more noticeably Caribbean feel. Trinidad, on the other hand, offers a sense of colonial Cuba under the Spanish, and has extravagant mansions (some now converted into hotels) once owned by the island’s sugar barons. For galleries and still more cultural insights, head to pretty Camagüey or to artsy Santa Clara, a city in the heart of Cuba — and the site of the Che Guevara Mausoleum. Back on the coast, French-built Cienfuegos is also striking.
Of Cuba’s islands, the Jardines del Rey group are known for their extensive resorts, good snorkelling and diving, whilst the quieter Isla de la Juentud has the pristine white-sand beaches typical of the Caribbean.
Adventurous travellers will adore the caves and mountains of the Viñales National Park and spendind days birdwatching or diving in the salt marshes and barrier reefs of the Ciénaga de Zapata National Park. The dense cloud forests of the Gran Parque Nacional Sierra Maestra hide the Comandancia de la Plata, a remote camp built by Castro in 1958. It’s a seriously intriguing place to discover.
Whether you’re dreaming of big nights out in Havana, guided tours of streets lined with heritage houses or expeditions deep into the jungle, the best places to stay in Cuba promise the perfect springboard for the trip of a lifetime.
The Best Places to Stay in Cuba
For a Classic City Hotel
- Hotel Nacional de Cuba sits just moments from the seafront in Havana's Vedado neighbourhood. Having played host to the likes of Frank Sinatra, Winston Churchill and Errol Flynn since the 1930s, this imposing hotel has appealing old-school charm in spades. With a tennis court, swimming pool, nightclub, bars, restaurants and more, there's something for guests of all ages.
- Gran Hotel Manzana La Habana is set in what was once Cuba's first shopping mall. Now an indulgent hotel, this Havana property has 246 swish rooms and suites, as well as multiple bars and eateries. The rooftop pool, superb spa and terrific San Cristobal Restaurant are real stand-outs. Round off your evenings with rum and cigars.
- Voya Boutique Hotel in Havana is our pick for a laid-back, romantic city base. Set in a beautifully restored 1925 colonial mansion, it offers ten stylish rooms and suites, an excellent all day brasserie and secret garden with plunge pool and cocktail bar.
- Iberostar - Grand Hotel Trinidad is a beautiful green-and-white building, offering classically decorated rooms and suites with striking views over the trees and terracotta rooftops of Trinidad. An adults-only hotel, the property boasts a gourmet restaurant, a fun games room and the atmospheric Fumoir cigar bar. Stay here for a romantic, 5-star taste of Trinidad.
- Paseo 206 promises an elegant escape in Havana's Vedado neighbourhood. A restored 1930s residence owned by a Cuban-Italian family, this boutique bolthole has ten luxurious suites, a fabulous Italian eatery, and an onsite art gallery. Romantic and indulgent.
- Gardens Havana is a beautiful four-bedroom boutique hotel, with a focus on local craftsmanship. Reserve one level of the property as a couple, or book all four rooms for a trip with friends. Mornings begin with big homemade breakfasts, and the team can whip up a round of mojitos when you return from your rambles. The owners give top-notch travel advice, too. Gorgeous.
- Loma del Angel is just around the corner from the Revolution Museum in Old Havana. This historic house promises exceptional service, chic, antique-filled interiors, and spacious suites. A romantic spot for couples, the property's two glamorous suites can also be booked by a family or group. Very special.
For Families or Groups
- Twins Havana is made up of two self-catering apartments — one two-bedroom, the other three-bedroom. Depending on the size of your family or group, the apartments can be merged, allowing space for 10 people. Think pastel hues and minimalist design in Havana. The Marshall speakers are a great touch.
- Plaza Vieja 1912 has lots of heritage charm. Set in Old Havana, this is a top pick for art lovers, who will adore the pieces by Cuban creatives. A two-bedroom apartment, well-suited to families or two couples travelling together. There's also a full kitchen.
For Great Value
- Residencia Santa Clara is a modern Havana hotel, with funky interiors built using reclaimed materials. Pick this place for its quirky, laid-back feel and affordable rates. The sea-view rooftop and sociable bar are brilliant for unwinding, whilst inter-connecting rooms will suit groups or families.
- Palacio Marques Felipe promises 27 rooms with contemporary interiors, set behind an 18th-century faćade in Old Havana. Stay here for the excellent location, the striking rooftop terrace views, and the very reasonable prices. For couples or families.
- Casa Barmarin features three rustic-chic bedrooms in the historic centre of Trinidad, with clay-tiled floors, original wooden beams and hand-painted murals. Pick this place for its quirky, traditional vibe, abundance of Cuban artwork, friendly team, great value and excellent location, ideal for exploring. Breakfasts in the courtyard are a real treat!
- El Candil Boutique Hotel offers a friendly welcome in a grand old house in lovely Vedado. Stay as a couple or with family and friends and dine on the rooftop terrace after exploring the historic neighbourhood. A small hotel with antique pieces and modern touches, offering a great-value boutique experience.
For a Seaside Resort
- Meliá Jardines del Rey is an expansive, all-inclusive beach resort in Cayo Coco, with almost 1,200 colourful, modern rooms. There’s a huge range of restaurants, with everything from Japanese to Italian food. You’re right beside an idyllic stretch of private beach by the Playa Flamenco, with watersports and activities aplenty at the resort. Great for honeymoons, big weddings or family holidays.
- Iberostar Grand Packard is a sleek, waterfront resort with swish, contemporary rooms and suites in Havana. Inter-connecting options will suit families, and kids will love the pool, as well as playing on the nearby beach. Expect a choice of lively bars and gourmet restaurants, plus a great gym and spa treatments. A buzzing resort pick.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Havana's Jose Martí International Airport, or to Antonio Maceo International Airport, close to Santiago de Cuba in the south. Travel to your hotel by bus or taxi. Alternatively, speak to your hotel in advance to arrange an airport pick up.
- You'll find lots to explore by road in Cuba! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Balmy temperatures average between 21 - 27°C throughout the year, with the peak season lasting from December to mid-April. May and October/November are generally rainy, and the hurricane season falls between June and November. Travel in late April or early December for fewer crowds and great hotel deals.
Still not Sure?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Havana.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Cuba
Best Hotels in Cuba
Voya Boutique Hotel Havana 10 rooms from £121City Style - A seriously chic stay with spacious rooms decorated in soothing tones and with a minimalist feelLocal exploring - An excellent base for exploring all that Havana has to offerRestaurant - Brasserie 255 serves an innovative fusion of Mediterranean/Cuban cuisineSights nearby - The property is well located for exploring Havana's main sights
A laid-back boutique hotel set in a restored 1925 mansion which prides itself on its personalised service. Plus there are a handful of stylish rooms and suites most with private balcony or terrace, an excellent brasserie and a secret garden with a cocktail bar and plunge pool. Havana city chic. See More
Casa Barmarin Trinidad, Cuba (Trinidad) 2 rooms from £50Value chic - With rooms from as little as €85 per night including breakfast, Casa Barmarin is great value.Families - There is one suite with two bedrooms ideal for families or groupsLocal exploring - An ideal foothold from which to explore TrinidadGreat walks - Inland from Trinidad are the Escambray Mountains, with rivers and lush valleys for hiking and wild swimming in waterfalls
An old-style B&B offering a taste of local colour and an ideal base to explore this beautiful colonial town. The feel is homely yet chic with a good balance of the old and the new. Discover humming local music joints or spend a day unwinding on one of the local beaches. An authentic stay. See More
Residencia Santa Clara Old Havana 7 rooms from £74Exclusive offer - 5% discount - Use promo code: hotelguruEco break - Built used recyled materials including recycled wooden doors and furniture carved out of discarded treesLocal exploring - Well-located to explore Havana's Old Quarter; most sites of interest are within 10 - 20 mins walkValue chic - A fresh feel, contemporary design and a fab location for an absolute stealGreat walks - Soak up sea views and fresh air on nearby Paseo de Alameda de Paula, the oldest sea-side walk in Havana
Charming boutique hotel nestled within Havana's Old Town. Contemporary architecture & airy room design have a nod to the past with wooden shutters, soaring ceilings & checkerboard floors. Relax on the sea-view rooftop or at the sociable bar where breakfast is served. Great value city bolthole. See More
El Candil Boutique Hotel Havana (Vedado) 5 rooms from £117City Style - Set in an elegant, colonial-era townhouse in a stylish Havana neighbourhood, this hotel has reams of local city charmRomantic Break - With beautifully appointed suites and a romantic rooftop terrace, book this hotel for a chic couples' breakLocal exploring - The hotel's central location makes sightseeing in Havana easy, with museums and historic sites close byGreat walks - Discover downtown Havana on a long walk down nearby Avenida de los Presidentes, home to iconic, historical monuments
This stylish boutique hotel is set within a heritage mansion in Vedado. Inside, hand-selected antiques and a classic verandah give the sense of travelling back in time, with chandeliers and print wallpapers creating a glamourous finish. Enjoy a cocktail at the rooftop bar after a day's sightseeing. See More
Meliá Jardines del Rey Cayo Coco, Cuba 1176 rooms from £119On the beach - Located on Cayo Coco Beach.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Spa
All inclusive, beachside resort in Cayo Coco. Rooms are colourful, modern and ideal for families. There are plenty of restaurants, form Japanese to Italian - something for the fussiest of eaters - plus an array of activities. There is also an idyllic strand of private beach offering water sports. See More
Palacio Marques Felipe Havana 27 rooms from £133Roof terrace - Spectacular views over the city.Value chicOutstanding location - Fantastically located on the Plaza San Francisco in the heart of Old Havana.Private Hot Tub - The best rooms have hot tubs and DVD players.
A colonial 18th century building with stature, previously an aristocratic residence. A classical facade with contemporary interiors. Rooms and suites are simple, some have hot tubs and DVD players. Stunning views over the city from the rooftop terrace. Well positioned in the Old Town, good value. See More
Hotel Nacional de Cuba Havana 362 rooms from £180Sea Views - Overlooking the Malecón sea front.Full of characterRestaurant - Recommended.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Plaza Vieja 1912 Havana 2 rooms from £202Groups - A spacious two-bedroom apartment with a chic dining area and a terrace for evening drinks, ideal for friends travelling togetherCity Style - Havana chic with murals made by artists from the Cuban School of Fine Arts, Baccarat crystal chandeliers, and old paintingsHistoric - The building belongs to the Historic centre of Old Havana, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCOGreat walks - Walk the length of the Malecón, along the seafront
An elegant two-bedroom apartment set in a historic building in the centre of Havana. Grand interiors feature antiques, murals by artists from the Cuban School of Fine Arts, traditional artwork, and crystal chandeliers. With a modern kitchen and large terrace, this property ticks all the boxes. See More
Loma del Angel Havana 2 rooms from £211Local exploring - Set in Habana Vieja - step out and stroll through cobbled streets, pop into cafes & boutiques, and admire colourful buildingsSights nearby - Stroll down to Central Park La Habana Vieja and the Malecón in front of Havana BayBoutique
A beautifully converted house in Havana's old district, Havana Vieja. The two suites are both vast with floor-to-ceiling windows, a beautiful mix of contemporary and antique furnishings, and a terrace or balcony. Indulgent breakfasts are served in-room. An intimate and glamorous home-away-from-home. See More
Gardens Havana Havana 4 rooms from £219Boutique - With handmade furniture, carefully selected tiles, & an in-house chef and housekeeper — this is a very well thought out boutiqueGroups - With just four rooms this is the perfect place to rent out in its entirety with family or friendsSights nearby - Stroll down to the impressive National Capitol BuildingFull of character
Twins Havana Havana 10 rooms from £234Groups - A five-bedroom apartment that can be divided into a two-bedroom and a three-bedroom giving options for groups of different sizesSelf catering - With a well-equipped kitchen and a washer/dryer, this has all the comforts of being at homeCity Style - Airy interiors have are designed with a chic contemporary take on colonial styleSights nearby - See the giant face of Che Guevara at Plaza de la Revolución
Two chic apartments located in the heart of Havana. The smaller is a two-bedroom and larger three-bedroom (they can also be rented together for larger groups). Interiors are fresh and light with pastel hues, expansive windows, colonial-inspired furniture, and Marshall speakers. A stylish city pad. See More
Gran Hotel Manzana La Habana Havana (La Habana Vieja) 246 rooms from £289Foodies - Foodies are spoiled for choice at this hotel; don't miss the spectacular views from the San Cristobal restaurantCity Style - Located in a landmark building in the centre of Havana, this hotel has lots of classic city styleLocal exploring - Sitting in downtown Havana, this hotel makes a great base for local exploring in the citySights nearby - Visit El Capitolio, the former capitol building which harbours a large indoor statue
This chic, five-star hotel is located in Havana, Cuba. Rooms are contemporary with high ceilings and elegant interiors; the best offer city views from a traditional shuttered balcony. Book a suite for luxurious living space. Enjoy panoramic views from the San Cristobal Restaurant; a stand-out hotel. See More
Paseo 206 Havana 10 rooms from £382Museums - The hotel is also a gallery that exhibits contemporary Cuban sculptors, painters, photographers and illustratorsCity Style - A fabulous luxury boutique in a 1930s mansion, decked out with bespoke vintage furnishings and indulgent touchesRomantic Break - For a romantic break rent the Rooftop Suite which comes with a private balcony and an outdoor hot tubGreat walks - Discover the colonial streets of old HavanaRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Havana's first luxury boutique. This 1930's mansion has been restored to perfection with individually decorated stylish rooms and suites- think clean white lines and bold splashes of colour. The aqua blue restaurant serves excellent food and the on site gallery is an attraction in its own right. See More
Iberostar Grand Packard Havana (San Juan) 321 rooms from £343Lively - This spacious resort has a youthful lively feel with plenty of options for nightime fun!Beach Life - Set on Havana's famed waterfront, the beach is just a stroll awayRestaurant - Several options including the Biscuit for gourmet cuisine with a Spanish twistKayaking - Explore the island from the sea on a kayak
A sleek resort located on Havana's busy waterfront. Chic modern rooms feature sharp lines, whitewashed walls, and epic sea views. With three restaurant options, including one gourmet, plus several bars ranging from a sophisticated piano bar to something a little more lively, this is a youthful stay. See More
Iberostar - Grand Hotel Trinidad Trinidad, Cuba (Sancti Spiritus) 36 rooms from £372Restrictions on children - Over 15 years onlySights nearby - Well located for major sights.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRestaurant - Recommended.
A large colonial luxury hotel in the heart of the historic city of Trinidad. Absorb the Cuban charm and friendly atmosphere whilst sipping mojitos in grand style. For adults only, elegant rooms and suites have all modern amenities and some of the suites have balconies overlooking the pools. See More