Search the best hotels in Bogota
Bogotá is big. It's a huge place, but it's also home to almost nine million people. And until the last decade or so it's not been a particularly safe place for visitors, so this now vibrant, quickly-modernising city is still pretty under-explored. Don't get the wrong impression, Bogota can be frantic, but it also has pockets of calm beauty. One of the most difficult thing about planning a trip is discovering the best places to stay in Bogota to get the most out of this city.
Modern Bogotá has a similar safety record to other South American cities - it's still unwise to appear flashy, or travel into certain areas after dark, but the tourist friendly areas are expanding, and most locals are on your side. And there are plenty of places to go for an after supper rumba (party).
The majority of the historic sights are in the centre of town, in and around La Candelaria. Here you'll find the most graceful church squares, the most famous museums, parks and green spaces, many cafes, and even more charm.
What Not To Miss
- Bolivar Square is probably the very centre of town as far as visitors are concerned. Simon Bolivar, South American general and past President of Colombia, Peru and Bolivia has an army of monuments world wide, but this was one of the first and is one of the largest. This square is the Colombian equivalent of Westminster.
- The Museo del Oro, the 'Gold Museum', home to more than 55,000 gold pieces collected from all the major pre-Hispanic cultures in Colombia;
- The Iglesia de Santa Clara and Iglesia de San Ignacio, spectacularly decorated cathedrals
- The National Museum of Colombia - which has more golden treasures;
- And the Jose Celestino Mutis Garden, Colombia's largest botanical garden, packed with beautiful, rare orchids, exotic native plants and the vast aquatic Amazon flowers.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Bogota allow visitors to conveniently explore many of these major attractions.
The best places to stay in Bogota
- B.O.G. Hotel is well situated close to all major attractions. Plus it offers a great restaurant and fabulous roof top terrace with bar which serves great cocktails!
Chic and Central
- Click Clack Hotel is a an achingly hip hotel with an enviably central location. Rooms boast spectacular views from the floor to ceiling windows and design is chic yet light hearted. Boasting a trendy cocktail bar and superb restaurant this property is a step above other uniform hotels in the city.
- Hotel Movich Chico 97 is a modern design hotel in a smart central neighbourhood. Chic rooms offering all the mod cons you'd expect and the bonus of a seventh floor roof terrace with views out to the hills above city. The restaurant offers a wide choice of Colombian and international cuisine. Perfect for passing through Bogota.
- The Orchids Hotel is a neoclassical styled house based in Bogata's historic centre. Opulent interiors feature baroque details, golden hues and antique furniture. Find exquisite regional cuisine in the restaurant and a quiet library to unwind in. Just steps from many of the major attractions. A winning choice.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a selection of centrally located properties ideal for exploring the city.
- Fly to El Dorado International Airport 12.6km (7.8 miles) from Bogota with a wide range of domestic and International flights including to North America and Europe.
- If you want to rent a car to explore Bogota, click here for prices and booking with our online partner, Rental Cars.
- Best time to visit - the dry season from December to March for low levels of rainfall.
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Bogotá,
- Alternatively, expand your search to include our recommendations in Cartagena or Buritaca
- Or contact, one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Bogota
Best Hotels in Bogota
La Colina Hotel Cottage Bogota (Suba) 5 rooms from £62City Style - Savour the atmosphere of one of Latin America's most exciting cities, Bogota, from this prime locationActive Holiday - Explore the surrounding mountains from your hotelSights nearby - Get to know the most iconic sights of Bogota via a walking tourViews - Great views from hotel
An adorable cottage offering boutique accommodation with sustainability at its core. Decor is traditional with black Andean slate floors and wooden ceilings. All five rooms are lovingly decorated with contemporary artwork. The restaurant serves signature regional cuisine from a clay oven. See More
Click Clack Hotel Bogota (Bogotá) 60 rooms from £84City Style - An uber chic hotel complete with sleek bar and hip restaurant.Sights nearby - Take a tour to the famed Salt Cathedral.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Views - Great views from hotel
An achingly hip hotel with an enviably central location. Rooms boast spectacular views from the floor to ceiling windows and design is chic yet light hearted. Boasting a trendy cocktail bar and superb restaurant this property is a step above other uniform hotels in the city. See More
Hotel Movich Chico 97 Bogota 75 rooms from £120Great walks - Take a stroll down to Del Chico Park, this lovely green space will give you a breath of fresh air.Lively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Traditional
A modern design hotel in a smart central neighbourhood. Chic rooms offering all the mod cons you'd expect and the bonus of a seventh floor roof terrace with view out to hills above city. The restuarant offers a wide choice of Colombian and international cuisine. Perfect for passing through Bogota. See More
B.O.G. Hotel Bogota (Cundinamarca) 55 rooms from £134Suites - Individually decorated minamalist rooms and suites with every comfort and the latest technologyRestaurant - Superb restaurant showcases award winning chef Leonor Espinosa's inspirational cuisine.Roof terrace - Futuristic roof terrace bar with extensive bar menu and fabulous cocktailsMeeting RoomRecommended by - Tablet
Bogota's first luxury Design Hotel, constructed in granite, natural stone, glass and aluminium. Interiors by Nina Andadre Silva, using gold and emerald as staples. Furniture custom-made using Colombian and international artisans. Ultra cool rooftop terrace, bar and pool with dramatic skyline views See More
The Orchids Hotel Bogota (Centro Historico) 8 rooms from £156Local exploring - Located within Bogata's historic and cultural capital and with many sights within walking distance.Great walks - Wander through the picturesque streets of La Candelaria, Bogata's most historic district.Sights nearby - Head up to the Cerro Monserrate for panoramic city views.Opulent
A neoclassical styled house based in Bogata's historic centre. Opulent interiors feature baroque details, golden hues and antique furniture. Find exquisite regional cuisine in the restaurant and a quite library to unwind in. Just steps from many of the major attractions. A winning choice. See More
W Bogotá Bogota (Usaquen) 168 rooms from £175Local exploring - Located in the Santa Barbara district, this hotel is a great base for exploring the upscale side of BogotáRomantic Break - Book a luxury suite with a freestanding bathtub for added indulgence on your next couples' getawayCity Style - With its bold, contemporary interiors, this hotel has reams of chic city styleFull of character
This boutique hotel is located in the upmarket Santa Barbara neighborhood of Bogotá. Rooms feature bold, futuristic design inspired by the legend of El Dorado, with a signature bed, dynamic décor and gold accents; book a suite for city panoramas and living space. Book into AWAY spa; a chic hotel. See More
Casa Legado Bogota 7 rooms from £208Local exploring - Right in the heart of the posh Quinta Camacho, within striking distance of many restaurants and bars and the city centreCity Style - This uber chic boutique offers light indivudually decorated rooms with a flare for design and clever working of spaceHotel Entertainment - Chill out in one of the communal spaces- with a courtyard, library, a kitchen and gardenCycling - This hotel offers free bikes, a great way to explore the city like a localRecommended by - Tablet
Hark the arrival of trendy boutiques to Bogota! This design based hotel hits the nail on the head with simple elegant interiors, bold splashes of fab wallpaper, warm welcoming communal areas, and an excellent breakfast. The owner is also the interior designer and we take our hat off to her! See More
Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina Bogota (Chapinero) 62 rooms from £298Local exploring - Located in the most exclusive area of Bogotá, this hotel is a great base for a luxury stayRomantic Break - The colonial-style interiors make a great romantic backdrop for a couples' getawayCity Style - Situated in a landmark building in Bogotá, this hotel has chic city styleSights nearby - Visit the Basílica Menor Nuestra Señora de Lourdes, a 19th-century landmark church in the neo-Gothic style
This luxury hotel is located in a heritage property in Bogotá, Colombia. Interiors are colonial in style with custom-made beds, exposed wooden beams and original wrought-iron details; book the penthouse suite for a stylish living and dining room. Dine in the Mediterranean atrium; an exclusive hotel. See More