Search the best hotels in Concarneau
Once a town of great shipbuilding importance, Concarneau now focuses on its other big industry: tuna. Split into two distinct areas, the modern town on the mainland and the medieval, walled old town on a long island in the harbour. Once the setting for a novel by prolific Belgian mystery writer Georges Simenon, it's easy to see why the town inspired him. The old town brims with history and a whole day can be lost exploring its streets and wynds. The best places to stay in Concarneau are either in the old town or have beautiful positions overlooking the sea.
Things not to miss:
- The Ville Close (old town) holds most of Concarneau's attractions. Some of the highlights include the Fishing Museum and the town's fortifications.
- The surrounding coastline has a number of lovely beaches such as Les Sables Blancs.
- Concarneau is home to a large yacht harbour and is therefore a great place for sailing.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Concarneau take advantage of the town's seaside positioning and offer great views out over the bay.
The best places to stay in Concarneau
- Right on the seafront, Les Sables Blancs is an excellent contemporary hotel. The hotel's finest feature is its superb seafood restaurant with its stunning views out over the water.
For a private apartment or beach house
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Concarneau is Brest (61 miles). There is also a train station with good connections across Brittany.
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Concarneau is from June to September, when the temperatures sit in the early twenties.
Still not sure?
- Have another look at the best places to stay in Concarneau.
- Expand the search to the best places to stay in Brittany.
- Alternatively contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Concarneau
Best Hotels in Concarneau
Les Sables Blancs Concarneau 20 rooms from £88Beach Life - Direct access to beach from hotel, yet dozens of activities and sights in this village. Try a yoga class followed by sailingSailing - The Glénan island archipelago, situated opposite the hotel, with its "Les Glénans" sailing schoolSights nearby - The medieval city of Locronan and its superb 15th-century churchSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Michelin Travel