Search the best hotels in Giverny
Once the home of Impressionist painter Claude Monet, idyllic Giverny is a hugely popular destination for artists and art-lovers alike. Expect colourful stucco houses bedecked with flowers, charming small museums and galleries, and of course the famous Monet Foundation itself. Accommodation options range from little guest houses to chic hotels with heaps of facilities, perfect for couples or families. Many of the best places to stay in Gvierny are within 15 minutes of Monet’s well-preserved house and gardens — some of our favourites are just a short walk away.
The area’s top attraction is undoubtedly the Fondation Claude Monet. Home to the artist for more than 40 years, the gorgeous Clos Normand and magical Water Garden are now open to visitors. Guided tours come especially recommended, and you’ll find the gardens bursting with cherry trees, roses, tulips and poppies during the spring and early summer. Fans of Monet will recognise iconic views from his paintings!
Follow the old railroad path to nearby Vernon to see the impressive Collegiale Notre Dame, a Gothic masterpiece, or to admire the manicured gardens of the Château de Bizy. Although many of the area’s principal sights are closed between November and Easter, this is a lovely time to visit if you’re eager to walk or cycle through fields of wildflowers in relative tranquility. The best places to stay in Giverny are superb throughout the year. Foodies will event spot two Michelin-starred gems on our list.
The Best Places to Stay in Giverny
For a Charming Guest House
- B&B Les Agapanthes has charming rustic interiors in a quaint country house, dating back to 1790. Wooden beams and open fires are cosy and inviting, whilst hearty breakfasts will set you up for the day. Simple and friendly, situated in Gasny.
- Evergreen Guest House offers two one-bedroom cottages with brick walls, beamed ceilings and roaring fireplaces set in pretty gardens 15 minutes from Giverny. The hosts provide generous breakfasts. A relaxing rural retreat, with lots of privacy.
- La Dîme de Giverny has both rooms and self-catering cottages with elegant interiors. Voted the most beautiful guest house in France, this is a very special place to stay as a couple, group of friends or family. Expect freshly baked breakfasts, afternoon cakes and cheese or charcuterie boards at lunchtime. Small and welcoming.
- Domaine de la Corniche is 10 minutes from the Monet Foundation, atop a hill with expansive countryside views. Book an elegant, modern room with a bold colour palette, and enjoy the large spa, swimming pool and bar. Chef Gaëtan Perulli heads the Michelin-starred Panoramic Restaurant, where traditional French dishes are given a contemporary twist. A chic foodie favourite.
- Le Jardin des Plumes promises an idyllic Giverny retreat, with a gourmet restaurant and stylish rooms surrounded by woodland moments from Monet's former home. Chef-owner David Gallienne fuses international flavours from his travels with top-notch local produce to create an unmissable Michelin-starred dining experience. Fantastic.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Beauvais-Tillé Airport, just over an hour away, or to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, before catching the train or bus to Giverny. Alternatively, take the train from London St-Pancras.
- Normandy is brilliant for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the spring or summer for the best weather, with temperatures peaking at around 23°C in July and August — although this is the busiest time of year. Monet's garden is at its most beautiful in May and June. For a quieter trip, consider visiting in April or September.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Rouen.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Normandy.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Giverny
Best Hotels in Giverny
B&B Les Agapanthes Giverny (Gasny) 2 rooms from £86Local exploring - Find a number of popular cultural attractions in the nearby region including chateaux and museumsHideaway - A pretty rural guesthouse ideal for quiet country retreatsSights nearby - Chateau de Bizy and the Musée Alphonse-Georges Poulain in nearby Vernon are definitely worth a visitGreat walks - Situated in a charming country village with many pretty walks to discover
A quaint country house, dating back to 1790, set on the outskirts of Gasny. Interiors are charmingly rustic, yet elegant, with wooden beams and open fires accompanied by antiques and chic country furnishings. Rooms are bright, simple yet cosy. Expect hearty breakfasts and utterly tranquil surrounds. See More
Domaine de La Corniche Giverny (78270 Rolleboise) 44 rooms from £103Foodies - The restaurant, headed by chef Vakhtang Meliava, takes inspiration from the region and had been awarded a Michelin starCountry Escape - Set high on the hills overlooking the Seine Valley, ideal for nature loversSights nearby - Visit the house and gardens of Claude Monet in nearby Giverny as well as a handful of regional chateauxSwimming Pool - Indoor pool and seasonal outdoor pool
Historic hilltop hotel with stunning river views surrounded by a picturesque garden with an outdoor pool. Inside, the decor is contemporary and elegant with eye-catching carpets, bold palettes and chic furniture. Guests can indulge in the spa facilities, and the two top-notch restaurants are a must! See More
Evergreen Guest House Giverny (Blaru) 2 rooms from £139Hideaway - Evergreen is an oasis of peace and quiet – a small paradise filled with birds, flowers and treesSights nearby - Chateau de Bizy and the Musée Alphonse-Georges Poulain in nearby Vernon are definitely worth a visitGreat walks - Situated in a charming country village with many pretty walks and trails spanning the areaMinimum Stay - 2 night min stay
An idyllic guesthouse surrounded by pretty gardens, woods and an orchard. The two period one-bedroom cottages offer cosy living areas, a chic yet homely style, bare brick walls, wooden beams and open fireplaces. A generous breakfast is provided. An ideal spot for guests seeking rural tranquility. See More
Le Jardin des Plumes Giverny 12 rooms from £156Foodies - The Michelin starred restaurant is the real lure here serving exquisite dishes using the best of local produceShort break - Less than two hours from Paris, this is a good option for a foodie weekend awayGreat walks - There are beautiful walking trails around Giverny, ideal for working up an appetiteSights nearby - Monet's house and gardens are just a short walk from the hotel
Traditional on the outside, whereas inside contemporary style prevails with art-deco furniture and chic, ornate decorations. Rooms are smartly furnished and bathrooms beautiful. The Michelin starred restaurant, however, is the real lure and worthy of a visit alone. A good choice for couples. See More
La Dime de Giverny 27620 Giverny 7 rooms from £200Local exploring - The historic Vexin region is great to explore, with its valleys, the forest of Lyons, abbeys, castles and beautiful parksFamilies - The two gites (one larger than the other) offer chic multi-room spaces for families looking for independenceSights nearby - Check out Monet’s beautiful house and garden, the castle of La Roche-Guyon and the 800 year-old Château GaillardOutstanding location - Situated in a secluded part of the village away from most of the tourist traffic
A historic Giverny guesthouse offering rooms in the house or self-catering cottages. Rooms are pared-back yet stylish, combining rustic charm and elegance with hardwood floors, bare brick walls, wooden beams & chic furnishings. Breakfast is served, while village eateries are within walking distance. See More